Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Apr 14, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #3,706 of 4,108
This was the first and last Cayin product I will ever buy. Awful short-term support for the player, and fundamental problems with the UI and UX.

Fortunately I was able to sell mine to a good home to someone who won't be using it for streaming. I couldn't sell mine with a good conscience for that purpose, as it's just not fit.

Oh boy - this is really sad.
I was coming back here because I was hoping to get in contact with Cayin about my device - but since a lot of people here complain about a lack of support I guess I'll skip that.

I have emailed Cayin directly and since they simply would not respond (not at all) I tried it via advancedmp3players where I bought the dap. They were very helpful, but I was a month late - warranty time was expired. D'oh!
However they offered to make contact with Cayin for me - not a word since (of course).

So just to give potential byuers the whole picture:
here's another customer who loves the sound of the device but is annoyed by the play/pause-delay and some other bugs that I am able to solve, but that keep returning. So after a bit over a year I realized that I don't want a (still rather) costly decvice that is not working properly.
And after my unsuccesful attempts to get support from the manufacturer I decided to ditch the dap and go back to iBasso. I was never using the BT and WiFi features, so I gues it'll be the DX120...

So my rather biased opinion is: don't buy from Cayin since they don't seem to care for their customers.

And if anyone from germany or around the bend still wants to buy a well maintained N5II (boy did I sell it, didn't I ? :grin:) feel free to pm me.

Since you're in the EU you're entitled to a minimum two year warranty regardless of what the manufacturer says.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #3,707 of 4,108
Since you're in the EU you're entitled to a minimum two year warranty regardless of what the manufacturer says.

Are you sure?
I have to look that up. Of course I know that this is the case in germany, But I thought it'd be different in the UK, cos that's what advancedmp3players wrote me.
I'll check that. Thanks for the hint!
However advancedmp3players were really nice, so I have to see how I'll handle that.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #3,708 of 4,108
Apr 16, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #3,710 of 4,108
I was coming back here because I was hoping to get in contact with Cayin about my device - but since a lot of people here complain about a lack of support I guess I'll skip that.

I have emailed Cayin directly and since they simply would not respond (not at all) I tried it via advancedmp3players where I bought the dap. They were very helpful, but I was a month late - warranty time was expired. D'oh!
However they offered to make contact with Cayin for me - not a word since (of course).

here's another customer who loves the sound of the device but is annoyed by the play/pause-delay and some other bugs that I am able to solve, but that keep returning. So after a bit over a year I realized that I don't want a (still rather) costly decvice that is not working properly.
And after my unsuccesful attempts to get support from the manufacturer I decided to ditch the dap and go back to iBasso. I was never using the BT and WiFi features, so I gues it'll be the DX120...

So my rather biased opinion is: don't buy from Cayin since they don't seem to care for their customers.

And if anyone from germany or around the bend still wants to buy a well maintained N5II (boy I really advertised than one well, didn't I ? :grin:) feel free to pm me.

Woah, really sorry to hear you had that kind of experience, but just a thought, maybe you didn't get an answer quite yet because of all the audio shows that are taking place now, and I think that all Cayin reps have been away for the past month or so.

I mean, I think Cayin are quite helpful with stuff, heard good things about their service so far... Would expect them to keep that up.

@CayinSupport @Andykong

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #3,711 of 4,108
Woah, really sorry to hear you had that kind of experience, but just a thought, maybe you didn't get an answer quite yet because of all the audio shows that are taking place now, and I think that all Cayin reps have been away for the past month or so.

I mean, I think Cayin are quite helpful with stuff, heard good things about their service so far... Would expect them to keep that up.

@CayinSupport @Andykong
Andy did mention that they are away for SIAV currently and straight after that they will be busy with Munich High End when I sent him a PM.

After that blows over I sure hope we finally get the update.

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #3,712 of 4,108

And if anyone from germany or around the bend still wants to buy a well maintained N5II (boy I really advertised than one well, didn't I ? :grin:) feel free to pm me.
May I know which email address you send the email to? I will ask our after-sales service staff to check if they have received your email. It will take a great help to us if you can provide more information about your email.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #3,713 of 4,108
May I know which email address you send the email to? I will ask our after-sales service staff to check if they have received your email. It will take a great help to us if you can provide more information about your email.

Hi,

thank you for getting in touch.

My first email was sent on 2019-02-25 and the second one (flagged high priority) on 2019-03-30. I mailed both to info@cayin.cn, because that address is on your website.
Subject was: "N5ii battery/screen problem".
In a private conversation I can give you my email-address, too if you should need it.
I cannot say how advancedmp3players did contact you, though.

Feel free to send me a message anytime.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #3,714 of 4,108
Hey Cayin support....are there any firmware updates planned in the near term for this unit? There are still some lingering issues with USB and some kind of improvement to the lag in pause/play function would be great. In general it would be nice if it crashed less.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #3,715 of 4,108
Hi,

thank you for getting in touch.

My first email was sent on 2019-02-25 and the second one (flagged high priority) on 2019-03-30. I mailed both to info@cayin.cn, because that address is on your website.
Subject was: "N5ii battery/screen problem".
In a private conversation I can give you my email-address, too if you should need it.
I cannot say how advancedmp3players did contact you, though.

Feel free to send me a message anytime.
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry that we have not responded to your email in time,as we have been dealing with all kinds of exhibitions recently.
I have checked with my after-sales service staff.Please take note of your email.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 18, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #3,716 of 4,108
I didn't exactly say that it sounds like the N5ii. Just that it's on par.

Although I think that you may be able to change the DX120's sound signature to mirror or come close to the N5ii's signature with its 5 sound settings and 5 digital filters.

(Both are better than the DX150 stock for reference :p )

seanwee, just about to tell had a brief listen to DX200(w/AMP1?) and DX150(w/AMP6?) a while ago, tested with E5000 on BAL
found DX200 is quite nice even feel like its sound signature is after SP1000, less dynamic but with spacious and fine details, suit more for all BA IEM
and disappointed for DX150, not sure it was with stock AMP6 ... lack lot of detail from DX200, close soundstage too
is DX150 better with different AMP card ?

Sure will give DX120 a try, friend is looking for entry DAP too, see if can fit them.

Have you tried FiiO M11, how's it compare to N5II ?

Apr 18, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #3,717 of 4,108
seanwee, just about to tell had a brief listen to DX200(w/AMP1?) and DX150(w/AMP6?) a while ago, tested with E5000 on BAL
found DX200 is quite nice even feel like its sound signature is after SP1000, less dynamic but with spacious and fine details, suit more for all BA IEM
and disappointed for DX150, not sure it was with stock AMP6 ... lack lot of detail from DX200, close soundstage too
is DX150 better with different AMP card ?

Sure will give DX120 a try, friend is looking for entry DAP too, see if can fit them.

Have you tried FiiO M11, how's it compare to N5II ?
Yeah, that sounds about right. I've tried the Final E5000 and boy it was too warm for me.

Pair that with the DX200 and it's a nice pairing but it's a big no no with the DX150. And I've also only tested them with their stock amps, never got to try amp 7 or amp 8.

And regarding the SP1000 vs Ibasso DX200 the gap between the two will widen if you use very revealing iems. They are quite far apart imo. Further than the gap between the N5ii and DX200.

And yes, do give the DX120 a try if you can.

The funny thing is, I just narrowly missed demoing the FiiO M11. The owner of the audio store decided to take their demo unit for along for his SIAV and Munich High End trip the day before I went :sweat_smile:

Maybe next time.

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #3,720 of 4,108
Hi guys, my unit screen has gone unresponsive no matter with the resetting and wiping cache and restoring to factory default. It has been sent back under warranty. Anyone with experience on the time frame for RMA? I figure it will be months.

I am thinking of getting another player. Curious to know what upgrades everyone has moved on to?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back