Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #121 of 598
Pre Order Done!
I pre-ordered as well before knowing any specs...

I just received the draft copy of the N3Ultra specification (in Chinese) and am translating the tables into English.

Let me give you a quick reference point, the tube timbre 4.4mm headphone output offers 600mW per channel at 32ohm loading
but thanks to @Andykong for giving us a little teaser. Tube timbre 4.4mmBal headphone out with 600mW / channel at 32Ω is very encouraging. Does this mean tube bypass (SS mode) will have a bit more power? I guess we'll just have to wait for Andy to post the full specs and possibly an audio path diagram(?).

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #122 of 598
I pre-ordered as well before knowing any specs...

but thanks to @Andykong for giving us a little teaser. Tube timbre 4.4mmBal headphone out with 600mW / channel at 32Ω is very encouraging. Does this mean tube bypass (SS mode) will have a bit more power? I guess we'll just have to wait for Andy to post the full specs and possibly an audio path diagram(?).
That's enough juice for me and more than I was expecting.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #123 of 598
That's enough juice for me and more than I was expecting.
600mW / channel out for tube timbre 4.4mm is very good, no complaints from me. I have a couple 600Ω flat head earbuds that need some power to drive them properly. I'm not talking about loudness, those buds can get plenty loud with weaker sources, they just don't sound alive at normal listening volume without decent power.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #124 of 598
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #126 of 598
In store offer: Introducing the N3 Ultra, the entry-level tube music player...

$760 entry level? 😵‍💫
In the land of 8k DAPS its a baby. I think the $529 is well worth it. Personally I love the fact No WiFi no BT no app support , strip it down and make it sound good.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #127 of 598
My only criticism would be to loose the graphic above the volume wheel, it cheapens the classy look and if you can't figure out that forward increases the volume then you
N3Ultra_04_1000x.jpg
are to stupid to own one!

Attachments

• N3Ultra_03_1000x.jpg
    N3Ultra_03_1000x.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 0
  • N3Ultra_02_1000x.jpg
    N3Ultra_02_1000x.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
  • N3Ultra_01_1000x.jpg
    N3Ultra_01_1000x.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #129 of 598
In the land of 8k DAPS its a baby. I think the $529 is well worth it. Personally I love the fact No WiFi no BT no app support , strip it down and make it sound good.
Yup same here. I have other DAPs from Sony, iBasso, Hiby etc with BT, WIFI and I can always hear an improvement in sound quality when I turn Wi-Fi and BT off.
The Sound becomes a little fuller and I hear slightly improved dynamics.

Had the N3-Pro and sold it (miss it) but will get this one and pair it with the excellent Micron i400 micro-SD card.

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #131 of 598
Only TWO days away from the N3U launch event, I have been rushing to complete the product webpage in the past few days. I hope all the details and photos will be ready before the event, I appreciate the patience and consideration when I have disappeared from the forum in the past few weeks. Let's hope I can resume my normal working pattern immediately after the event.

The N3Ultra is our entry-level DAP, but Cayin has put in a lot of technologies and attention to get this right. The retail price of a product does not affect our dedication or the level of engineering devoted to the N3Ultra.

Please stay tuned if you are looking for a Puritan DAP at an affordable price range. :beerchug:

N3Ultra Official Announcement Poster 02.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #132 of 598
Only TWO days away from the N3U launch event, I have been rushing to complete the product webpage in the past few days. I hope all the details and photos will be ready before the event, I appreciate the patience and consideration when I have disappeared from the forum in the past few weeks. Let's hope I can resume my normal working pattern immediately after the event.

The N3Ultra is our entry-level DAP, but Cayin has put in a lot of technologies and attention to get this right. The retail price of a product does not affect our dedication or the level of engineering devoted to the N3Ultra.

Please stay tuned if you are looking for a Puritan DAP at an affordable price range. :beerchug:

N3Ultra Official Announcement Poster 02.jpg
Congrats!🎉🎊 it really sounded great at CanJam New York. Cannot wait to own one!

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #134 of 598
N3Ultra Official Announcement Poster 03.jpg

Only 2.5 hours away, I am sure I need a new keyboard and a new mouse by tomorrow. :sweat_smile:

See you later.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back