Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Jan 14, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #2,447 of 2,518
They did state that ? Been a while that I haven’t checked
It was specifically for the battery but i assume theyll send the lcd too

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #2,448 of 2,518
Cayin's 2023 Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, and all teams in Cayin will have their yearly holiday starting 14th January 2023, and we shall resume operation on 30th January 2023.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rabbit.

Chinese New Year 2023.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 15, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #2,449 of 2,518
Cayin's 2023 Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, and all teams in Cayin will have their yearly holiday starting 14th January 2023, and we shall resume operation on 30th January 2023.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rabbit.

Andy, any sort of way to help @laxlife1234 's unit? It is a bit perplexing you posting this amidst the worrying state of his n3pro from just a few replies before. I do hope everything works out for him.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #2,450 of 2,518
Just to follow up - be warned that this may happen to you if you purchase Cayin products. What's more annoying is their service/warranty is nonexistent - they refer you to the retailer who then refers you to go through third party services. Interesting they don't stand by their products.. Will never be purchasing from them again. Close to $500 down the drain.

I understand you are stationed in New York based on your previous complaint, so I assume you are working with MusicTeck all along. am I correct?

If MusicTeck has referred you to a third party, please rest assured that your N3Pro will be handled by a technician who has direct support from our Engineering team for Technical documentation, schematic, and replacement parts. MusicTeck is one of the first dealers who managed to pull off local repair and service support (the other is our Germany dealer) for Cayin products, and they have reduced the logistic cost, eliminated tax consequences (both China and US), and shorten turn around the time significantly. In fact, during the past three years when China was in a lockdown situation and the global logistics service was in complete chaos, the local repair service lined up by MusicTeck is by far the quickest and most effective way to get Cayin portable and desktop personal audio product repair within a reasonable time.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #2,451 of 2,518
@NickleCo, he answered me in the thread previously. I'm not interested in getting it fixed, that ship has sailed. I am only posting so others can read my experience.

I'll try to be as brief as possible... Great care was taken in storing my N3pro as well as using it. Never dropped and only kept stored in a drawer in my room when not in use.

The information Cayin will give is to reach out to the seller for any warranty claims. initially I got in touch with Audio46 over the phone, they mentioned I would need to reach out to Cayins service department. Reached out to Cayin's service department-- told me sort it out with the initial seller, again (see e-mail screenshot below), Audio 46.. What was confusing is I'm not sure Audio46 realized at the time they were responsible for deferring me to a 3rd party for warranty related issues, but that's just a guess. Cayin also offered zero additional help, which for a supposedly reputable and decently large company seems pretty rude tbh--considering I had paid retail price for a 'premium' product.

Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 19.39.27.png

From there I forwarded that message back to Audio46. I was finally sent a contact to reach out to a 3rd party for warranty claims. Dunno it felt a bit off as I would need to send it to this RSM communications company in Florida. A seller, who is not responsible for warranty claims is sending me a 3rd party contact for warranty and not the manufacturer? IDK. It's by no means fault of Audio46, it just was odd. It felt like I was going to have to pay out of pocket for this problem, but that's speculative I cannot confirm as I did not follow through with it. My work life was too much at the time for me to handle this properly and I was about to travel for work so it got put off. I had scrapped the idea of ever getting it repaired since it was going to be worth it for me to buy a more reliable DAP, so I picked up a Fiio M11.

Considering this was my second N3Pro (first had audible tube ringing at all volumes), I found little excuse for the warranty maze. It was the first and last product I ever buy from Cayin.

Audio46 is awesome - this is by no means a review on them, they happened to be the seller is all.

Jan 15, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #2,452 of 2,518
For the reord, RSM Communication is our authorized distributor, they import our product to US. They don't sell directly, but they have numerous dealer in US, and Audio46 is one of their dealer. Therefore RSM Commnication is responsible for warranty service on Cayin products that they imported to US. With consumer electronics products, warranty service doesn't always send the product back to the manufacturer for repair, local repair service is one of the options. In fact, if RSM need to replace the screen of an N3Pro DAP, they'll receive the screen from us. I seriously doubt if any third party technician can buy a LCD screen from the market and repair the N3Pro without our support.

1673799437049.png

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,453 of 2,518
I've been thinking of getting a used N3Pro. If it's coming from Japan with the Japanese system, is it a simple change in the menu to get it to English? Or is it a complicated ROM flash process?

Jan 18, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #2,454 of 2,518
I've been thinking of getting a used N3Pro. If it's coming from Japan with the Japanese system, is it a simple change in the menu to get it to English? Or is it a complicated ROM flash process?
Simple change in the menu settings:
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on the System Setting cog wheel on the right.
Third option is Language.

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,456 of 2,518

Greetings, that sounds strange. all the issues you're having are not experienced by me. I have a few headphones that seem to bypass your issues. The Kennerton GH40 and the LSA HP-2 Ultra se. Probably My ears are not as sensitive as yours though. Maybe try a "darker" headphone, do a search on headfi for "dark" headphones. The eq also seems to work to an exte. Not as much on my MacBook, but I hear minor changes. Or it could be just me. But for sure, my GH40's do not experience any sibilance. I will add that about 90% of my digital files have been converted from cd and then "upgraded" to 24/88.2 But more important is the CDs that I bought were specifically selected for their sonic and mixing qualities. Before I purchase any cd and downloaded file I check the DR soundwars website for the Dynamic Response numbers and find the best "mixed" album. Of course, Not every album is listed but a high percentage of mine happened to be there. So after all that, basically the original file whether cd or digital matters, and matters greatly. I do my file conversion using the XLD app which is a freeware download and is exceptional. Just my 2 ¢ents...be sure to Enjoy the Music!
Cheers
Turn on the equalizer, and add, for example, 10 dB at 30 Hz and 8 dB at 60 Hz. Bass will be added, but the sound will be clear. Turn the player off and on, and the sound will become overdriven.
This happens every time you use the equalizer, but with minimal correction it is imperceptible but there.
Therefore, the equalizer can only be used to decrease, from 0 down without adding anything. (And Eq only works on low bitrate files)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,457 of 2,518
Hi Everyone..!!
We are now facing a Problem with Cayin N3 Pro. Not getting any output when selecting Tube Mode. Solid State works fine. Has anyone else faced this issue ever? Help would be much appreciated. In our country Cayin has no representation and sending them back will be tedious. So in case it can be solved personally a hefty some would be saved.
Thanks in advance.

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #2,459 of 2,518
I just got the Senn HD58X and has some really good sounds so far. I also have used the Fostex T20RP with it and that sounds great. YMMV.
Sorry, I did not see your answer. I bought a Hifiman Ananda. I like the pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back