Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Apr 25, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #2,476 of 2,518
Realise this might have already been asked, apologies if it has, my search-fu is lacking.

Is scan music the only way to for new albums to show up? I buy a new album once or twice a month and it would be ideal if I could just add that album to the index, rather than scanning the entire card.

Thanks in advance - long time owner and user - love the simplicity and the sound, made a conscious decision to 'downgrade' from an android based A&K player (SP1000M) and very much enjoy having a device that feels like it will never need to be updated - it is what it is and it's all that I need.
Yes you need to scan everytime you add files

May 5, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #2,477 of 2,518
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 24, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #2,482 of 2,518
Hello.
I connected a Questyle M15 mobile DAC to the cayin n3 pro player without volume buttons and the DAC plays at full volume.
The adjustment in the player itself does not adjust the volume. Those. on the screen, the level numbers change, but the volume does not.
What's wrong and can it be fixed?

May 25, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #2,483 of 2,518
Hello.
I connected a Questyle M15 mobile DAC to the cayin n3 pro player without volume buttons and the DAC plays at full volume.
The adjustment in the player itself does not adjust the volume. Those. on the screen, the level numbers change, but the volume does not.
What's wrong and can it be fixed?

The USB output of N3Pro is fixed at "natural volume", meaning you cannot adjust the volume when you use N3Pro as a USB Digital Transport. This was a preferred setting back in the time of N3Pro. Users preferred the digital output is bit-perfect (or as near as possible), and volume control in digital output is considered unnecessary digital processing. This was well before the boom of Dongle DAC, and the major use of USB Audio Output is to connect it to a portable DAC/Amp (such as Hugo/Mojo) or serve as a digital source for your desktop/home audio system. In both cases, they prefer to adjust the volume after the connection.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 25, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #2,485 of 2,518
@Andykong we need a successor!
N3Pro is great, and I still LOVE it, but we need a DAP with faster user experience, and a nicer display would be cool too... (and still using REAL tubes)

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #2,486 of 2,518
Don't suppose anyone happens to own a pair of Kennerton Magni and tried with N3Pro? Is 150mW enough to drive them? Magni's being 33 ohm, that is. I read Magni have a maximum input power of 250mW - is this a fair statement? Can they be driven well with 150mW???

Cheers

Jul 18, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #2,487 of 2,518
Don't suppose anyone happens to own a pair of Kennerton Magni and tried with N3Pro? Is 150mW enough to drive them? Magni's being 33 ohm, that is. I read Magni have a maximum input power of 250mW - is this a fair statement? Can they be driven well with 150mW???

Cheers
I suppose they're gonna drive those just don't expect it to rival performances out of desktop grade dac/amps.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #2,488 of 2,518

Cheers
I presume you are looking to drive them in tube mode as balanced has no problems. I had the LSA version, similar specs 3 ohm 114 db sensitivity. They were driven fine through tube mode, they are an easy to drive headphone.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #2,489 of 2,518
So i found something about my headphones. While memeing about double amp-ing i decided to plug my z7m2 onto the chain and my gosh theres a very surprising difference even compared to bal out off my n8! Imaging, treble, bass, literally everything. I have to say, driving it off my n8 directly it was not by any stretch able to drive it properly. So do take that into account if you guys want to use it directly off the dap. Cans need power.
20230719_100257.jpg

Jul 19, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #2,490 of 2,518
I presume you are looking to drive them in tube mode as balanced has no problems. I had the LSA version, similar specs 3 ohm 114 db sensitivity. They were driven fine through tube mode, they are an easy to drive headphone.
Ahh niiice. Yeah, in tube mode. Glad to hear. May just have to re-purchase the beloved N3Pro then - any excuse!! Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back