Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 15, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #871 of 2,935
For me the bass was always sloppy and the lack of clarity you mention...Why do you like them even with the minor improvements? I wanted to LOVE the Elites. They are gorgeous and so comfortable. But the lack of resolution...felt like they missed the mark still. What about them still pulls you in? It's funny timing btw...I was just thinking whether I should try buying Elites again to give them a chance, as I am opening my flavors beyond just the Utopia sound. Thanks for your commentary!
Because they sound better a bit more clear, not as clear as Utopias or LCD4Z I also have, but better then the others Elite I tried to buy at least 2 times before , listening to them in a very nice store in Zürich Switzerland by the name K55 ( wonderful store if you guys are ever around there ) and they were so muddy I have never liked them as I also never liked REM Audi dac which is dull sounding and not better then an 300 euro good dac only crazy fea but the sound itself is .. Meh ..
but these were different and with 3k sounded more then acceptable with adfing a bit of analog tonality to the 3k fantastic detail and clarity .,

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #872 of 2,935
I do not believe you.
The Elites released in 2021 and those produced in 2023 are identical apart from their pads.

Some unit variation obviously occurs like with every single headphone, but there is no "old" and "new" version with different clarity.
I will get the chance to compare them against another pair of Elites when I will be back in Zürich at the end of October and all the month November.. so i will come back to you and say if it is a Fata Morgana or it is a difference in sound.
if I am wrong i will recognize this but I really don’t think so :) my hearing is really good as I said :)

you Guys can watch me on YouTube singing Opera
my name is George Petean and on Instagram I am the Jedi baritone
right now in USA singing here in SF opera

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #874 of 2,935
You guys should take this to the Elite thread :rolling_eyes:

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #875 of 2,935
For me the bass was always sloppy and the lack of clarity you mention...Why do you like them even with the minor improvements? I wanted to LOVE the Elites. They are gorgeous and so comfortable. But the lack of resolution...felt like they missed the mark still. What about them still pulls you in? It's funny timing btw...I was just thinking whether I should try buying Elites again to give them a chance, as I am opening my flavors beyond just the Utopia sound. Thanks for your commentary!
I’d suggest that we stick to the main topic of the discussion for this thread…

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #876 of 2,935
Guys, did the firmware update solve the battery indicator problem when charging? My unit also has spasming LED indicator on the volume knob 😂
But if I'm not mistaken it only happens when the battery level is about 30% or above? When lower than that it's breathing normally.

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #877 of 2,935
Guys, did the firmware update solve the battery indicator problem when charging? My unit also has spasming LED indicator on the volume knob 😂
But if I'm not mistaken it only happens when the battery level is about 30% or above? When lower than that it's breathing normally.

My LED charging indicator is still spazzing post firmware update and I've only charged from 32% and above. Will run it down below 30% today to test the behavior.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #878 of 2,935
Curious if anybody else noticed the spazzing lights or is having issues to charge the unit.

I am also having this problem.

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #880 of 2,935
Hmm so OTA offered me to upgrade the firmware and I had a failed upgraded (nothing bricked, I followed instructions to the T).
I relaunched the upgrade seems stuck at 19% now... definitely something wrong.
Ok it failed again but it's still running previous firmware.

I am not doing that upgrade right now.

@Andykong should I consider doing a local upgrade ?
This makes me a bit nervous...
And now It happened to me too but stuck at 28% ☹️

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #882 of 2,935
Luckily, my OTA firmware update was issue free. Performed a factory reset for giggles.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #883 of 2,935
Hmm so OTA offered me to upgrade the firmware and I had a failed upgraded (nothing bricked, I followed instructions to the T).
I relaunched the upgrade seems stuck at 19% now... definitely something wrong.
Ok it failed again but it's still running previous firmware.

I am not doing that upgrade right now.

@Andykong should I consider doing a local upgrade ?
This makes me a bit nervous...
I didn't have any problems doing the update locally using the file downloaded from the Cayin site.

Sep 15, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #884 of 2,935
The FW update failed for me like 4x before working. I just restarted the DAP (yes this made me nervous, but it was fine) and made sure the screen didn’t go into standby during the update and it worked fine.
Failed several times too, but after one restart it works. Thanks 😁

Attachments

• P_20230915_220327.jpg
    P_20230915_220327.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back