Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 15, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #886 of 2,940
IMG_8668.jpeg

Constantly looking out my window for the fedex truck. 😆

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #887 of 2,940
Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #888 of 2,940
Anyone here have the C9? Does the comparison of C9 A / AB vs N30LE A / AB seem comparable at all? On C9 is bold and obvious. On N30LE....practically zero difference I can tell. Thank you! @Andykong any thoughts here? Thanks!
Yes, it's a more subtle difference for sure compared to C9. On the other hand, C9 doesn't have Classic/Modern mode, which does make a greater difference, if you're more concerned about A/AB on tube mode. IMO

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #889 of 2,940
Anyone here have the C9? Does the comparison of C9 A / AB vs N30LE A / AB seem comparable at all? On C9 is bold and obvious. On N30LE....practically zero difference I can tell. Thank you! @Andykong any thoughts here? Thanks!

I can discern differences on C9, but it’s not dramatic. On N30LE at least to my ears, it’s similarly subtle but more discernible in Hyper and then mmm layer on Tube Timbre, it’s oh yeah 🤤🤤🤤.

Indigo is thicker with BCD working overtime on drum-n-bass tracks. With RN6, I’m hearing subtle details more prominent or which I had not notice with other sources.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #890 of 2,940
After reading various complains on the newly arrived N30LE, I can't help but think maybe the product needs more times to cook in the oven. For a limited run products and at this premium price tag, Cayin should invest more times and resources in quality assurance process.

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #891 of 2,940
After reading various complains on the newly arrived N30LE, I can't help but think maybe the product needs more times to cook in the oven. For a limited run products and at this premium price tag, Cayin should invest more times and resources in quality assurance process.

FWIW, I can't think of a single DAP release that hasn't had some sort of bugs or minor issues at launch.

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #892 of 2,940
FWIW, I can't think of a single DAP release that hasn't had some sort of bugs or minor issues at launch.
Yes, I hope it's a minor issues and can be fix with simple fw updates. But it's a limited run products the QA should be easier to manage, at least they can make sure there's no hardware defects.

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #893 of 2,940
WM1ZM2 had no problems. That being said outside of the static issues, the N30LE's bugs are relatively minor.

....At least for me since I only turn it on, open the music app and play local files. Can't really get anything wrong.

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #894 of 2,940
WM1ZM2 had no problems. That being said outside of the static issues, the N30LE's bugs are relatively minor.

....At least for me since I only turn it on, open the music app and play local files. Can't really get anything wrong.

Hmmm I definitely had more issues with M2 than N30 but most of that was just down to lazy/poor software implementation. The M2 android was imported from a phone and referenced their cell phone and microphones in the settings, it also automatically gives you email notifications when you connect your google account. That and the incredibly slow SoC for a DAP were all less than ideal. You had to debloat the entire thing just to make it somewhat decent usage wise, but yeah I guess those are different first world problems rather than proper bugs. Either way, nothing I’ve used has been perfect out of the box. Maybe the closest to that was the HiBy RS8, that is my benchmark for use case.

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #896 of 2,940

It’s here!! 🎉🎊🎉
Congratulations. We are Happy for you man.
So please charge it and tomorrow we expect from you a 40 pages listening report using at least 12 different headphones et IEMs. This should be an easy mission… to start with ? 😉

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #897 of 2,940
Congratulations. We are Happy for you man.
So please charge it and tomorrow we expect from you a 40 pages listening report using at least 12 different headphones et IEMs. This should be an easy mission… to start with ? 😉
Hahaha!! I have no time to listen today, it’s my ladies bday!

Mine came 87% charged. I updated the firmware without issue and set it up. Once I’m able to listen for longer than a few minutes I’ll give more impressions.

What I will say is that it’s beautifully built and looks even better in person. My case fits perfectly as well. I’ll report if I have charging issues although I am expecting it as almost every user thus far has had some issue there. But this will be taken care of in the next firmware update I’m positive. But yeah, what a beautiful piece of gear!! 😍❤️‍🔥🤩

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #898 of 2,940
Sep 15, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #899 of 2,940
Sep 15, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #900 of 2,940
With all these posts I tell myself that I'm not jealous, but we all know that I'm lying to myself.

Enjoy this magnificent DAP
Funny, as I am really not jealous. Have been following the news about this device since day 1. Even considered buying one for a moment, but luckily I did not. 5000 Euro to become a beta tester of an over the top, over-engineered device just did not make sense to me. And the number of issues that have been reported so far is just inexcusably. Sorry, just my personal, honest opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back