Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Oct 25, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,727 of 2,987
Disconnect your WiFi.

At the top right corner of the firmware updae page, click the three dot, select clean cache.

Reboot your N30LE and connect to WiFi again, hopefully the download will start after that.
Thanks @Andykong . I saw the option and just was waiting for your confirmation before attempting it. Good that I waited as the disconnect from wifi is mentioned by you and I would have missed it.

Edit: These steps worked fine. I could resume the update installation and complete it fine this time. Thank you @Andykong

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #1,728 of 2,987
Just received my N30LE. Holy smokes. Impressive all around. Detailed, but not analytical. Makes music come to life and puts a big smile on my face. Could not be happier with it.
This is my first non AK-DAP. I also have never had an Android phone and feel a little lost. I will have to find some resource about how to work it (I got the basic things figure out). What I am struggling with is the following: I installed Roon ARC and it works flawlessly. However, I was wondering if I can use it as a Roon endpoint, like I can with my AK DAP.
I would appreciate any guidance.

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,729 of 2,987
Just received my N30LE. Holy smokes. Impressive all around. Detailed, but not analytical. Makes music come to life and puts a big smile on my face. Could not be happier with it.
This is my first non AK-DAP. I also have never had an Android phone and feel a little lost. I will have to find some resource about how to work it (I got the basic things figure out). What I am struggling with is the following: I installed Roon ARC and it works flawlessly. However, I was wondering if I can use it as a Roon endpoint, like I can with my AK DAP.
I would appreciate any guidance.
My N30LE is still incoming but I am quite sure there's no official Roon Endpoint support.
Best solution I can think of is using some supported Endpoint like IPhone /IPad and hook up N30LE in DAC mode.

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #1,730 of 2,987
My N30LE is still incoming but I am quite sure there's no official Roon Endpoint support.
Best solution I can think of is using some supported Endpoint like IPhone /IPad and hook up N30LE in DAC mode.
Thank you for your response. I just went to the Roon website and Cayin is not listed as a partner. I hope that will change at some point. It is more a convenience issue for me. I love to listen to music when I work and having Roon app on my laptop allows me to control my music when playing through the AK DAP. Would be lovely to have that option with the Cayin as well.

Oct 26, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,731 of 2,987
Thank you for your response. I just went to the Roon website and Cayin is not listed as a partner. I hope that will change at some point. It is more a convenience issue for me. I love to listen to music when I work and having Roon app on my laptop allows me to control my music when playing through the AK DAP. Would be lovely to have that option with the Cayin as well.
I understand you and that's indeed one of the advantages of Astell & Kern DAPs.
What should work nevertheless is just hooking up your Cayin DAP to your computer with Roon app and that should work fine too.
Just an additional usb cable.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #1,733 of 2,987
Oct 26, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #1,734 of 2,987
For the mean time, please give HiByCast a try, it is a system wide remote control through mirroring N30LE to your mobile phone.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...xplored-frontier.966860/page-70#post-17535152

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #1,735 of 2,987
The N30LE provides many wonderful options to tune the sound and thus pair with different iems/headphones for different genres. The Hiby music pro app that's also installed in the N30LE also provides a different sound along with MSEB & plugins to shape the sound.

Is anyone using Hiby music pro app for local file playback? What settings/plugins are you using? And how does it pair with your iems/headphones?

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #1,736 of 2,987
The N30LE provides many wonderful options to tune the sound and thus pair with different iems/headphones for different genres. The Hiby music pro app that's also installed in the N30LE also provides a different sound along with MSEB & plugins to shape the sound.

Is anyone using Hiby music pro app for local file playback? What settings/plugins are you using? And how does it pair with your iems/headphones?

I use HiBy Music Pro for local FLAC/ISO/DSD/DXD playback and only use EQ for headphones, eg Audeze and trying out Empy settings from Animagus, and sometimes plugins. Primarily I use the systemwide N30LE timbre/amp/power modes to "color" my listening, keep the app to stock settings and EQ/plugin only as needed for fine tuning.

If HiBy decides to offer the HiBy Music Pro DRX10K plugin on Cayin devices, I'm more likely to use that dynamics plugin the most. Until then if I'm feeling the need to EQ and plugin, I'll switch to my RS8 😅

Oct 26, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #1,739 of 2,987
Never mind - I see @linux4ever beat me to it!

Firmware v1.2 is up.

Did the OTA update direct from the pop-notification.

Installation seemed to stall at several points (~36%, ~74% and ~96%) ... but completed without incident.

---

Still loving this thing.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,740 of 2,987
Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 9.58.55 AM.png

Just arrived yesterday... All I can say is %$#@!! WOW!!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back