Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Sep 20, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,246 of 6,262
Aww shucks - thanks (blushes)

Reference is tough as I know an engineers reference will be different from a consumer. On my rig at the moment, and in that price range - closest I would suggest that I've come across would be the Alclair Curve - https://alclair.com/monitorshop/curvedual/

Here's the Curve up against the Simgot EN700 Pro. Curve is pretty flat/balanced. Really lovely IEM. And if reading my graphs on review - they were done with my old uncalibrated rig (I need to update that review at some stage). Below was claibrated close to IEC711 standard

curve.png

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #4,248 of 6,262
Based on the way Cayin answers questions on this forum I feel like there must be a language barrier. I don't care about the color. All I care about is whether the EN700Pro in the bundle sounds the same as the EN700Pro you can buy from anywhere.

Are they tuned the same?

Do all EN700Pro sound the same?

I'm running out of ways to rephrase the question.

Hi, really sorry for my poor English. Actually, they are tuned the same and all of them sound the same.The only difference is that we have added a Cayin logo on 3.5mm connector of the bundle like picture below:

QQ图片20170921103435.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 21, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #4,249 of 6,262
Hi, really sorry for my poor English. Actually, they are tuned the same and all of them sound the same.The only difference is that we have added a Cayin logo on 3.5mm connector of the bundle like picture below:

Thank you very much. I really like you guys by the way. :hearts:

(Although i'd like you even better if you put a clickable selection wheel on the N3 mark II.) :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #4,250 of 6,262
(Although i'd like you even better if you put a clickable selection wheel on the N3 mark II.)

...and I wish my Ruizu A50 had a button instead of a wheel.... so I am happy with the N3 as it is.

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,253 of 6,262
I have a firmware feature request but I'd like input from the community here to see if there's a reason this shouldn't/couldn't be done. The behavior of the play/pause button where holding it down brings you back to the main menu and stops playback... I would like it if it still brought you to the main menu but did NOT stop playback. Furthermore if you are already on the main menu and hold it down I would like it to go to the "Playing Now" screen with your currently playing album. Is there any reason I am not seeing that this could not work?

You can already start/stop playback with a quick tap on the button so it seems to me this would be a nice addition when I need to switch EQ on a currently playing track one-handed. It saves a few capacitive button steps anyway.

SIDE NOTE: If anyone is interested in a set of cheap bassy earbuds for the Cayin... I got these yesterday and they are monstrous. Bass for weeks and oddly enough pretty wide imaging. A bit muddy in the low mids and vocals can be a bit nasal. They are definitely for bassheads but they sound more balanced at high gain at lower volumes which I use for long casual listening. Less tiring on the ears from day-to-day use. Not accurate by any means but a surprising bang-for-buck. They get me through weightlifting sessions where I need that "power" sound without a giant set of sweaty cans on my head for sure. And almost disposably cheap. Oh, also... they are the first set of this particular style of earbuds I've tried that are small enough to stay secure when I jam them in my ear canal. (I was a tiny bit afraid they'd get stuck in there) :) They are definitely the smallest/cheapest things I've ever heard that provide the illusion of bigger headphones. They pretty much sound like any other crappy earbuds from an iPhone but on the Cayin they punch way above their weight. I don't use the EQ with them which is more than I can say with any other $40 earbuds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0093VVP0Q/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4,254 of 6,262
I have a firmware feature request but I'd like input from the community here to see if there's a reason this shouldn't/couldn't be done. The behavior of the play/pause button where holding it down brings you back to the main menu and stops playback... I would like it if it still brought you to the main menu but did NOT stop playback. Furthermore if you are already on the main menu and hold it down I would like it to go to the "Playing Now" screen with your currently playing album. Is there any reason I am not seeing that this could not work?

You can already start/stop playback with a quick tap on the button so it seems to me this would be a nice addition when I need to switch EQ on a currently playing track one-handed. It saves a few capacitive button steps anyway.

SIDE NOTE: If anyone is interested in a set of cheap bassy earbuds for the Cayin... I got these yesterday and they are monstrous. Bass for weeks and oddly enough pretty wide imaging. A bit muddy in the low mids and vocals can be a bit nasal. They are definitely for bassheads but they sound more balanced at high gain at lower volumes which I use for long casual listening. Less tiring on the ears from day-to-day use. Not accurate by any means but a surprising bang-for-buck. They get me through weightlifting sessions where I need that "power" sound without a giant set of sweaty cans on my head for sure. And almost disposably cheap. Oh, also... they are the first set of this particular style of earbuds I've tried that are small enough to stay secure when I jam them in my ear canal. (I was a tiny bit afraid they'd get stuck in there) :) They are definitely the smallest/cheapest things I've ever heard that provide the illusion of bigger headphones. They pretty much sound like any other crappy earbuds from an iPhone but on the Cayin they punch way above their weight. I don't use the EQ with them which is more than I can say with any other $40 earbuds.

You can hold the Back button (top right) and it'll take you straight back to the main menu. Then, from there, hitting back again goes to the Now Playing screen...

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #4,255 of 6,262

The tenores are good, but had quite a few QC issues. I had two pairs where one of the drivers stopped working. Hopefully yours will last!

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,256 of 6,262
You can hold the Back button (top right) and it'll take you straight back to the main menu. Then, from there, hitting back again goes to the Now Playing screen...

I know. I want it on a physical button.

Is there any reason holding down the middle button on the right side couldn't perform the same function?

Basically I just want the play/pause button to double as the same function as it already does just without stopping playback and holding down again to get to "Playing Now."

I can't think of anything having that function would interfere with.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #4,257 of 6,262
The tenores are good, but had quite a few QC issues. I had two pairs where one of the drivers stopped working. Hopefully yours will last!

Well they are IMPOSSIBLY small and plastic so... kinda expected that. But they are SO cheap. I was thinking about using some gorilla glue or some sugru to provide some strain relief on the cable.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #4,258 of 6,262
I just got this player and I really like it. I think the only thing I wish it had was a way to swap the physical volume buttons with the touch menu buttons. I'd much rather use the volume buttons as menu buttons and the menu buttons as volume, as I'm using the lineout primarily. I seem to accidentally hit the back button when I'm trying to hit the right menu button and the right menu button when I'm trying to hit the back button

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #4,259 of 6,262
my first post on head-fi :ksc75smile:
i want to buy my first DAP , 4 models for the good choice : Hidizs Model: AP60 ( too small for my big fingers ) ; Shanling M2s , xduoo X10 ( no bluetooth and software defaulting ) and finally i've buy Cayin N3, for the quality of components, sound quality and multimedia access with my phone
i receive my dap monday :)
live in french

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #4,260 of 6,262
my first post on head-fi :ksc75smile:
i want to buy my first DAP , 4 models for the good choice : Hidizs Model: AP60 ( too small for my big fingers ) ; Shanling M2s , xduoo X10 ( no bluetooth and software defaulting ) and finally i've buy Cayin N3, for the quality of components, sound quality and multimedia access with my phone
i receive my dap monday :)
live in french

Great choice!

Welcome to headfi:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back