Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Sep 19, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #4,216 of 6,262
That's a shame about the time, I was just logging on to ask the same question, as I've been travelling on planes quite a bit over the last week and usually have my phone turned off, so it would have been nice to have a reference time on the player

There is a device you can wear on your wrist that will tell you the time. I believe it might be called a watch. Some are quite beautiful :). :) :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #4,217 of 6,262
There is a device you can wear on your wrist that will tell you the time. I believe it might be called a watch. Some are quite beautiful :). :) :)

Haha, quite right, but when I'm travelling I don't like wearing my watch as I need to take it off going through security, so I keep it safely tucked into my bag where it can't get damaged or lost

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #4,218 of 6,262
That is the Simgot EN700 Pro. Penon Audio has them only in blue/red (USD 199). The black/red bundle with N3 does look better.

These are specially tuned for the N3. At least that's what it says on Cayin's page.

@Cayin

Is this one at the link here tuned the same as the one available in the bundle?

https://penonaudio.com/SIMGOT-EN700-PRO ?search=simgot

Also...

@Cayin

To answer your earlier question I'm in the US.

And... would Cayin or Simgot consider making them sold separately for those of us who already have an N3?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #4,219 of 6,262
Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #4,220 of 6,262
They are going to be sold separately. I've had a pair of EN700 Pro for the last month, just waiting for the go ahead from Simgot to post the review. They are a pretty special set of IEMs too. They are Pinnacle P1 class (or better) in the $200 range.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4,221 of 6,262
They are going to be sold separately. I've had a pair of EN700 Pro for the last month, just waiting for the go ahead from Simgot to post the review. They are a pretty special set of IEMs too. They are Pinnacle P1 class (or better) in the $200 range.

Are the blue and red ones on Penon audio's site the exact same sonic signature as the black and red ones being sold as part of the bundle? (It says on Cayin's site they are tuned for the N3 but they don't specify if ALL EN700pro's are tuned for N3 or just the black and red ones.)

And if they are the EXACT same will they be selling the black and red ones separately too?

Inquiring minds NEED to know!

The relevant ad picture:

Cayin.PNG

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #4,222 of 6,262
Nothing from Simgot to say they are any different. I have the red and blue. They sound great on all my DAPs

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #4,224 of 6,262
These are specially tuned for the N3. At least that's what it says on Cayin's page.

@Cayin

Is this one at the link here tuned the same as the one available in the bundle?

https://penonaudio.com/SIMGOT-EN700-PRO ?search=simgot

Also...

@Cayin

To answer your earlier question I'm in the US.

And... would Cayin or Simgot consider making them sold separately for those of us who already have an N3?

Hi, Cayin haven't authorized penonaudio as a dealer and we cannot provide warranty for Cayin product sold from a unauthorized dealer.Besides, the headphone of EN700Pro is black instead of red and blue in penonaudio link. Please see it here:http://en.cayin.cn/products_info?itemid=110 N3+EN700Pro Bundle is only available in UK and US right now. If you want to buy them separately, you can contact Simgot to purchase EN700Pro and there will not any discount when they are sold separately.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #4,227 of 6,262
Hello,
Anyone has connected N3 to Iphone by Hiby? When I use the Bluetooth to connect them, N3 says connection failed. I have firmware v2.1. Any suggestion?

Hibylink is not iPhone compatible.... they said it will be.... months ago..

by the way, nobody here has talked about the special N3 with the tempered glass in the back!!... is this an edition just for the bundle?

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #4,228 of 6,262
Hi, Cayin haven't authorized penonaudio as a dealer and we cannot provide warranty for Cayin product sold from a unauthorized dealer.Besides, the headphone of EN700Pro is black instead of red and blue in penonaudio link. Please see it here:http://en.cayin.cn/products_info?itemid=110 N3+EN700Pro Bundle is only available in UK and US right now. If you want to buy them separately, you can contact Simgot to purchase EN700Pro and there will not any discount when they are sold separately.

Based on the way Cayin answers questions on this forum I feel like there must be a language barrier. I don't care about the color. All I care about is whether the EN700Pro in the bundle sounds the same as the EN700Pro you can buy from anywhere.

Are they tuned the same?

Do all EN700Pro sound the same?

I'm running out of ways to rephrase the question.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #4,229 of 6,262
Based on the way Cayin answers questions on this forum I feel like there must be a language barrier. I don't care about the color. All I care about is whether the EN700Pro in the bundle sounds the same as the EN700Pro you can buy from anywhere.

Are they tuned the same?

Do all EN700Pro sound the same?

I'm running out of ways to rephrase the question.

They should be the same. Simgot EN700 Pro is listed on Taobao but red/black is currently out of stock possibly due to the special bundle deal with Cayin. Hope this helps with your question.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #4,230 of 6,262
They should be the same. Simgot EN700 Pro is listed on Taobao but red/black is currently out of stock possibly due to the special bundle deal with Cayin. Hope this helps with your question.

That's a good sign that you are most likely correct. Thank you. But before I spend $200 on a set of earbuds I need an "official" answer. I've already spent about $180 on other iem/earbuds that did nothing but make me sad. Ultimately my quest is to find a set of iem's that sound similar to Sony MDR 7506 or V-Moda XS headphones. (A tall order I know) But funds are limited.

Is there an English version of Taobao?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back