Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Sep 23, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #4,276 of 6,262
has anybody used the Equaliser setting on the player if you did. how did find it did it add anything to the sound ..

Do you feel the need to equalize? Personally I never do. I have chosen headphones whose sound signature I love...or, maybe I just love my music :) No need for me to mess with that.

Some people equalize everything. That's ok too. Personal preference. The important thing is to enjoy the music.

I have experimented a little with the filters. You can find a discussion in that by searching within this thread.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #4,280 of 6,262
Do you feel the need to equalize? Personally I never do. I have chosen headphones whose sound signature I love...or, maybe I just love my music :) No need for me to mess with that.

Some people equalize everything. That's ok too. Personal preference. The important thing is to enjoy the music.

I have experimented a little with the filters. You can find a discussion in that by searching within this thread.
To be honest I don't it sounds great .. I tried it and it just somehow distorted the sound I am happy as it is..

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,281 of 6,262
I heard a rumor about this bundle, but now it's confirmed. Cayin released this limited edition N3 with a tempered glass back panel, bundled together with Simgot EN700 Pro which comes with 2pin removable connector and premium 8-core cable; the bundle is $269.99 (on MusicTeck). Looks sweet!

0403343269_large.png

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #4,282 of 6,262
Alex - have you heard the EN700 Pro yet?

Sep 23, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #4,283 of 6,262
Alex - have you heard the EN700 Pro yet?

I heard EN700 and honestly was very impressed with both sound and build. Didn't get to that review yet, I'm so behind with reviews (it's embarrassing). A few people told me Pro version sounds even better, but I don't want to quote until I hear it myself (don't have Pro version). But the fact it got removable cable now, I think it's just a plus. I'm actually big fan of N3 sound (to my ears, it sounds like i5, just less powerful). And, considering N3 goes for $150 and EN700 Pro goes for $200, this $270 Cayin/Simgot bundle collaboration is a great value, and a proof you don't have to spend too much money to get a great sound with both source and IEM pair. With everything else going up in price, I'm glad I can still recommend a sane alternative :wink:

Btw, have you tested N3 yet? And N5ii was also recently announced.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #4,284 of 6,262
Yep I have the N3 now - quite impressive in such a small package. Not 100% on the UI experience but it has a lot of features. I also have the EN700 Pro. Its really impressive. Same league as MEE P1 IMO.

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #4,285 of 6,262
Yep I have the N3 now - quite impressive in such a small package. Not 100% on the UI experience but it has a lot of features. I also have the EN700 Pro. Its really impressive. Same league as MEE P1 IMO.

Paul, if you happen to use Android mobile phone, please check out the HiByLink features, it really changes the user experience dramatically. I can send you the download link for the required HiByMusic Beta version first thing tomorrow.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 24, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #4,286 of 6,262
Unfortunately I’m Apple Andy - but I don’t mind. I’m getting used to the N3 pretty quickly.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #4,287 of 6,262
really the hiby music option is really a bonus for this dap , just for the moment the only negatif point is the "expansive" wire for plug the DPA to optical entry .in europe
Cayin CS-30TCR = more 80 $
cayin-cs-30tcr-cable-usb-coaxial.jpg

amazon.com= ...............39$ :triportsad:

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #4,288 of 6,262
The detail description of our Type-C to RCA coaxial cable are as follow:
http://en.cayin.cn/products_info?itemid=101

This is the standard pin-out diagram of Type-C, pin A8 and B8 are NOT USED for USB, so they are not allocated in normal application, and Cayin used this pin to transmit S/PDIF signal.

Normal Type C connectors are extremely difficult to because the pin are hided inside the connectors, and they were designed to factory fit by automated machines. You need to find special connectors that has all the pins extended to a small PCB. Make sure you check with the seller that pin A8 and B8 have been extended to the PCB before you pay for it, because these two pin are not used for USB, quite a lot of custom connectors will ignore these two pins.

Hello Andy,

Is it possible to make a DIY cable for SPDIF and charging at the same time?

You use Type-C, pin A8 and B8 for SPDIF + and use GROUND for SPDIF -

To charge at same time, which pin do I use? Is it pin A4 and B9 for DC 5 volt + and pin GROUND for DC 5 volt - ?

Best,

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #4,289 of 6,262
Sorry if this has been answered, but i see now you can order the bundle with en700 pro in US. Has @Cayin stated when it will be available in the UK and what cost it will be? Also which retailer will be selling it.

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back