Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Jun 30, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #2,701 of 6,262
Nice one @Andykong. Look forward to testing HiByLink. Any idea when the iOS version will launch? If we install Firmware 2.0 will it work with the iOS version as soon as it launches or will you issue updated firmware support for iOS?

HiBy didn't have a date for that, so I can't offer any insight on the iOS availability, I was told the IOS was in the pipeline after the Android platform.

Yes, it will work automatically, I am sure HiBy will make sure the HiByLink in iOS conform with their own standard.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 30, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,703 of 6,262
Hey guys, first time on the forums. Mainly joined because I have a question and want to know if others are having a similar problem.

The power button on my N3 has been very finnicky. Sometimes a press will register nothing, other times it'll just make the screen flicker on and off a few times, and overall it's really difficult to turn on and off. Does anyone else have this issue or do I just have a bad N3 and should contact support about this?

Mine did that with the early firmware. The latest beta seems to have corrected whatever caused it. I highly recommend you update if you haven't already as the hibylink is pretty sweet.

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #2,705 of 6,262
Well, that sucks.

In my quest to find a replacement screen protector, I found three tempered glass protectors on Amazon-Japan. Not one of them ships to the US. :frowning2: :frowning2:

no soup.jpg

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #2,707 of 6,262
Just updated to 2.0 firmware and now I'm getting "do not recognize" on USB driver. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling repeatedly. I keep getting uninstall messages. Any help would be most appreciated, as I love this player

Sorry for the inconvenient caused, I'll report this to our team on Monday and request to test the USB DAC feature of N3 under v2.0 firmware. Can you tell me more detail on your setup? Window version? Playback software is Foobar2000?

If you can, is it possible to take reload v1.2 firmware and test the USB DAC feature again?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #2,708 of 6,262
Sorry for the inconvenient caused, I'll report this to our team on Monday and request to test the USB DAC feature of N3 under v2.0 firmware. Can you tell me more detail on your setup? Window version? Playback software is Foobar2000?

If you can, is it possible to take reload v1.2 firmware and test the USB DAC feature again?
Running Wi ndows 10, didn't even get to playback software as it was reporting invalid device as soon as I plugged in the N3

Jul 1, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2,709 of 6,262
Had my N3 for 2 weeks now and very happy with it. The ability to make play lists using the Hiby app is a great new function. The only thing that I have noticed with this player, is that the Bluetooth output to earphones seems to be under powered compared to the headphone out. I find that when running, using plantronics backbeat fit earphones the level is really low compared to using the same earphones with both the Fiio x1 third edition and the Sony a-35 and I have to crank up the volume. Is there any way of increasing the Bluetooth output?
Thanks

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #2,710 of 6,262
Had my N3 for 2 weeks now and very happy with it. The ability to make play lists using the Hiby app is a great new function. The only thing that I have noticed with this player, is that the Bluetooth output to earphones seems to be under powered compared to the headphone out. I find that when running, using plantronics backbeat fit earphones the level is really low compared to using the same earphones with both the Fiio x1 third edition and the Sony a-35 and I have to crank up the volume. Is there any way of increasing the Bluetooth output?
Thanks
I've noticed this as well. For some reason playing AAC files also seems underpowered compared to MP3/Flac/DSD, by on average 10-20 volume levels. Not sure why this would be so.

Jul 1, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,711 of 6,262
HibbyLink doesnt work for me.

I've got the following devices that i tryed to use with HibbyLink :
- OnePlus One (A001) with the latest LineageOS build (Android 7.1.1)
- Nexus 7 2013 (flo) with the latest LineageOS build (Android 7.1.1)
- OnePlus 5 (A005) with the latest OxygenOS build (Android 7.1.1)

I've tried HibbyLink since the first 1.2 firmware beta release and now i've tried with the latest 2.0 oficial firmware. I tried with both versions of the HibbyLink beta suplied here and none of them works! Whenever i try to connect from HibbyLink to the N3 it force closes the app and nothing..
This is 3 totally different devices the only thing in commom is the latest version of android, 7.1.1.
Doesn't HibbyLink work with Android 7.1.1?

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2,712 of 6,262
Thanks
gLer, have you tried setting the output on your N3 to M (medium) or H (high)? It does make a difference.

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,713 of 6,262
t the Bluetooth output to earphones seems to be under powered compared to the headphone out.

I might misunderstand you, but..
A direct connect (headphone out) is using the physical amp of the N3 or any DAP. The wireless system is simply transferring the audio data over protocol while BT headsets and in ear sets have a small DSP or the like within which can amplify that signal after it reaches the headgear. You cannot power the audio signal over wireless like you can with a direct connection to an amp stage (HO/LO etc).
To gain convenience (wireless) you must sacrifice a pinch of fidelity and a bit of power.

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,714 of 6,262
I might misunderstand you, but..
A direct connect (headphone out) is using the physical amp of the N3 or any DAP. The wireless system is simply transferring the audio data over protocol while BT headsets and in ear sets have a small DSP or the like within which can amplify that signal after it reaches the headgear. You cannot power the audio signal over wireless like you can with a direct connection to an amp stage (HO/LO etc).
To gain convenience (wireless) you must sacrifice a pinch of fidelity and a bit of power.

You can change the volume over bluetooth (i.e changing the volume on the device will change the volume on the BT headphones), no? So surely there must be some sort of power regulation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back