1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Jan 31, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last
  1. Andykong
    HiBy didn't have a date for that, so I can't offer any insight on the iOS availability, I was told the IOS was in the pipeline after the Android platform.

Yes, it will work automatically, I am sure HiBy will make sure the HiByLink in iOS conform with their own standard.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    gLer likes this.
  2. Francisk
    Thanks again Andykong, the new N3 v2 firmware and beta Hiby Link worked flawlessly so far.

3. Wiljen
    Mine did that with the early firmware. The latest beta seems to have corrected whatever caused it. I highly recommend you update if you haven't already as the hibylink is pretty sweet.

4. riffrafff
    Well, that sucks.

In my quest to find a replacement screen protector, I found three tempered glass protectors on Amazon-Japan. Not one of them ships to the US. :frowning2: :frowning2:

5. groucho69
    no soup.jpg

riffrafff likes this.
  6. BetterLate
    Just updated to 2.0 firmware and now I'm getting "do not recognize" on USB driver. I have tried redownloading and reinstalling repeatedly. I keep getting uninstall messages. Any help would be most appreciated, as I love this player

7. Andykong
    Sorry for the inconvenient caused, I'll report this to our team on Monday and request to test the USB DAC feature of N3 under v2.0 firmware. Can you tell me more detail on your setup? Window version? Playback software is Foobar2000?

If you can, is it possible to take reload v1.2 firmware and test the USB DAC feature again?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  8. BetterLate
    Running Wi ndows 10, didn't even get to playback software as it was reporting invalid device as soon as I plugged in the N3

9. graemei101
    Had my N3 for 2 weeks now and very happy with it. The ability to make play lists using the Hiby app is a great new function. The only thing that I have noticed with this player, is that the Bluetooth output to earphones seems to be under powered compared to the headphone out. I find that when running, using plantronics backbeat fit earphones the level is really low compared to using the same earphones with both the Fiio x1 third edition and the Sony a-35 and I have to crank up the volume. Is there any way of increasing the Bluetooth output?
    Thanks

10. gLer
    I've noticed this as well. For some reason playing AAC files also seems underpowered compared to MP3/Flac/DSD, by on average 10-20 volume levels. Not sure why this would be so.

11. jms74
    HibbyLink doesnt work for me.

I've got the following devices that i tryed to use with HibbyLink :
    - OnePlus One (A001) with the latest LineageOS build (Android 7.1.1)
    - Nexus 7 2013 (flo) with the latest LineageOS build (Android 7.1.1)
    - OnePlus 5 (A005) with the latest OxygenOS build (Android 7.1.1)

I've tried HibbyLink since the first 1.2 firmware beta release and now i've tried with the latest 2.0 oficial firmware. I tried with both versions of the HibbyLink beta suplied here and none of them works! Whenever i try to connect from HibbyLink to the N3 it force closes the app and nothing..
    This is 3 totally different devices the only thing in commom is the latest version of android, 7.1.1.
    Doesn't HibbyLink work with Android 7.1.1?

12. Francisk
    gLer, have you tried setting the output on your N3 to M (medium) or H (high)? It does make a difference.

13. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    I might misunderstand you, but..
    A direct connect (headphone out) is using the physical amp of the N3 or any DAP. The wireless system is simply transferring the audio data over protocol while BT headsets and in ear sets have a small DSP or the like within which can amplify that signal after it reaches the headgear. You cannot power the audio signal over wireless like you can with a direct connection to an amp stage (HO/LO etc).
    To gain convenience (wireless) you must sacrifice a pinch of fidelity and a bit of power.

14. TheoS53
    You can change the volume over bluetooth (i.e changing the volume on the device will change the volume on the BT headphones), no? So surely there must be some sort of power regulation

15. Atomka
    HibbyLink works perfectly on my device :

- Motorola G 3G with the latest Lineage OS build (which is 7.1.2 and not 7.1.1 as mentionned by @jms74)

Thank you for this update Cayin, it's a really great feature !

jms74 likes this.
First

Back
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
Next

Last