Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Dec 12, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #5,072 of 6,262
Eureka - got it working. Now off to play :)
I find that it doesn’t connect first time every time you switch off the player. That’s a pain quite frankly.

Cayin should explain the sequence of connection between an iPhone’s BT settings, the Hiby app’s BT settings and the N3’s BT settings.

I’m using a iPhone 8+ as well as a 6S.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #5,073 of 6,262
I know not support dsd.
I explain the procedure just before the infamous pop happening.
Maybe the series of play dsd over BT or something else i did make or trigger the pop coming and cant stop after that.
If we know the trigger we can fixed it right ? Or maybe analyze it.

On earphone i am not try to next and before track repeatly just one or two time.
And it is not popped.

In car the pop happen if click next repeatly like 2 or 3 and randomly at 1 next or previous after that. The f.forward and f.previous also popped.

Nope BT is off all the time when popped.

Also i wanna ask, why cayin n3 cant paired (can see and discover, but always failed) when pairing headphone
sennheiser pxc550 ?

Try at firmware 2.1 and also after upgrade 2.2, try with
hibylink on/off
aptx on/off
Restart BT on/off
restart cayin itself
pxc550 in pairing mode, not in pairing mode, reset the pxc so the memory device paired BT back to zero.
(The BT in pxc can memory up to 8 device and can connect 2 at same time)
Try With 1 phone pairing and with pairing mode to device slot 2.
Pxc can connect with other phone can discover with everything.

Still failed in the end with cayin n3.

Already asked sennheiser and other like in crutcfield (discussion) and all give info that the problem should be in cayin (transmitter) not in receiver side.
So maybe there is something in BT mechanism inside cayin n3 that can tweak to fix this.

From senn website:

As long as the device that the Sennheiser headset is being connected to supports the appropriate Bluetooth version (usually 2.1 and EDR for Sennheiser products) or higher and the appropriate Bluetooth profiles;
Headset Profile (HSP) v.1.2 / Handsfree Profile (HFP) v.1.6 / Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) v.1.3 / Device ID Profile (DIP) v.1.3
there should be no connectivity issues.

So how about it?
My senn hd4.40 (budget nonNC BT model on 2017) can connect BT to cayin n3
flawlessly by the way.
It have nfc, Bluetooth 4.0 which sold be not LE (low energy type)

Pxc550 (flagship BT with N.cancel model on 2016) also some people with senn BT momentum cant connect to cayin n3 also.
It have nfc, Bluetooth 4.2 i think this have BT LE (Low energy) not the classic one (which more uniform and cheaper chip they said)

The BT 4.2 should be compatible backward, or cayin BT chip have limitation to connect with more advance BT ? Because i think soon there is BT 5.0 series.
This is important for future proof i think

Shanling DAP's also have problems with BT Sennheiser phones. From an outsider's point of view, the common denominator is Sennheiser. They all should play now together, but it seems they don't.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #5,074 of 6,262
@CayinSupport @Andykong Hi, are there any known bugs in the newest firmware and is it beneficial to upgrade from 1.2 if I don't need Hiby? Thanks.

I am going to do it tomorrow because I want the larger font. I don't need Hiby. I purposely do not own a smartphone. PC, tablets, daps etc plus a land line...lol.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #5,075 of 6,262
I find that it doesn’t connect first time every time you switch off the player. That’s a pain quite frankly.

Cayin should explain the sequence of connection between an iPhone’s BT settings, the Hiby app’s BT settings and the N3’s BT settings.

I’m using a iPhone 8+ as well as a 6S.
Yes, you have to turn on BT on phone, watch it turn on and then off again, then turn on Hiby Link. Not exactly intuitive

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #5,076 of 6,262
Yes, you have to turn on BT on phone, watch it turn on and then off again, then turn on Hiby Link. Not exactly intuitive
That is too messy as my iPhone is connected to my Apple Watch too. I don’t need to do so when I listen to say a BT speaker with my Apple Watch still paired.
It should have been designed to pair automatically.

Dec 12, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #5,077 of 6,262
I picked up the N3 the other day and comparing with the AP60 II. Everything works great and just slightly better than the AP60, though I do like the size of the 60.

One issue I'm running into with the N3 is USB-DAC function with my android phone (Essential PH-1) isn't working right. It does not output using Spotify or Poweramp. It works with Hiby Player but its choppy, and cuts out every other second. It works fine on BT mode though. I have used other DACs perfectly fine with all these android apps before so I know it's not my phone.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #5,079 of 6,262
@Cayin Support - please quickly change the iOS Hiby app menu pop-ups to English. Thanks.

I just changed my iphone7 language to English and reinstalled Hiby music app and the UI was all English.As for pop-ups, I haven't seen it .Would you mind posting your pop-ups screenshots here for me ?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #5,080 of 6,262
I just changed my iphone7 language to English and reinstalled Hiby music app and the UI was all English.As for pop-ups, I haven't seen it .Would you mind posting your pop-ups screenshots here for me ?
There is a language setting in the app and after changing it, the pop-ups are now all in English. It is strange since by default, the menus etc are already in English.
Thanks anyway.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #5,082 of 6,262
I picked up the N3 the other day and comparing with the AP60 II. Everything works great and just slightly better than the AP60, though I do like the size of the 60.

One issue I'm running into with the N3 is USB-DAC function with my android phone (Essential PH-1) isn't working right. It does not output using Spotify or Poweramp. It works with Hiby Player but its choppy, and cuts out every other second. It works fine on BT mode though. I have used other DACs perfectly fine with all these android apps before so I know it's not my phone.

Hi, My colleague Andy has answered this question before: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-167#post-13548792

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #5,084 of 6,262
@CayinSupport @Andykong Hi, are there any known bugs in the newest firmware and is it beneficial to upgrade from 1.2 if I don't need Hiby? Thanks.
Hi,V2.2 is our latest firmware and it renovates previous bugs. But if there isn't anything wrong with v1.2 , I think you can stay in V1.2. It is totally ok.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #5,085 of 6,262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back