Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Nov 18, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #4,831 of 6,262
okay thanks guys, i just ordered it and probably ill get it in 3-5 days. hopefully it will be better than my nw-a35.

In what way are you hoping it is better than the a35? My husband has the a35 and I have the N3. While I have not used his a35, they look like a similar idea to me and similar price as well. I know he loves the 40 hour battery life on the a35 but hates having a proprietary cable.

I do love my N3 and am happy to have it. Since it arrived I have been using it more than any of my other daps.

What color did you order?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #4,832 of 6,262
okay thanks guys, i just ordered it and probably ill get it in 3-5 days. hopefully it will be better than my nw-a35.
Please let us have your take on the two

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #4,834 of 6,262
@Andykong has posted photos of five colors of the silicone case in this thread ....maybe he can tell you how to order?

...if you search you might find the photo...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #4,835 of 6,262
Thanks. Apart from the colour and the touch buttons that pi$$ me off sometimes (they are too sensitive) this is cracking device.
Sound wise like it more than all my previous daps (several iPods, X3g1, X3g2 and X5g1)

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #4,836 of 6,262
Thanks. Apart from the colour and the touch buttons that pi$$ me off sometimes (they are too sensitive) this is cracking device.
Sound wise like it more than all my previous daps (several iPods, X3g1, X3g2 and X5g1)

When I got mine I did not NEED another dap but it was so cool I just HAD to have it. Now it is my most used dap. All my daps sound good but I like the N3 form factor, UI and features...besides...mine is RED:) It doesn't have two card slots but the OTG works well.

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #4,838 of 6,262
I wonder why there's always a giant black bar in the interface.
Seems like a waste of space.

I never actually noticed that.. I first thought you meant the area where the touch buttons are. I wonder if that area is usable.

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #4,839 of 6,262
Hi,
I have read and followed this thread months ago, and then bought my first DAP the Cayin N3, it sounds very nice, and after 4 months i love it.
Currently pairing with Kz zs5, now bought its Bluetooth module and works very well,
But when I'm home I always use its USB DAC mode wired headphones, but now I'm trying to also connect the Bluetooth too,
On the top interface is:
Volume level=60 / Gain=MdB // status = USB DAC / Bluetooth = Enabled with waves to the right side (as paired sign, I guess) / Play order = Random symbol / Battery level = 100%
The sound quality is: 48KHz / 24bits
Is there a config needed to use Bluetooth earphones while connected as USB DAC?
Thanks ,

PS: I was looking for a previous answer about this issue, and found answers about two-way bluetooth modes but No about BT while USB DAC

Nov 19, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #4,840 of 6,262
Hi,
I have read and followed this thread months ago, and then bought my first DAP the Cayin N3, it sounds very nice, and after 4 months i love it.
Currently pairing with Kz zs5, now bought its Bluetooth module and works very well,
But when I'm home I always use its USB DAC mode wired headphones, but now I'm trying to also connect the Bluetooth too,
On the top interface is:
Volume level=60 / Gain=MdB // status = USB DAC / Bluetooth = Enabled with waves to the right side (as paired sign, I guess) / Play order = Random symbol / Battery level = 100%
Thanks ,

PS: I was looking for a previous answer about this issue, and found answers about two-way bluetooth modes but No about BT while USB DAC

Are you the first to try this?

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #4,842 of 6,262
Hi,
On the top interface is:
Thanks ,

Hi, N3 cannot use Bluetooth earphones while connected as USB DAC. For N3 only have one duplex Bluetooth chip, but its BT chip cannot transmit and receive simultaneously. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,844 of 6,262
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the N3 supports the use of inline controls. I don't recall seeing an option for them in settings either.

ETA: Per Cayin's website, it says it supports CITA standard inline controls. Not sure why it doesn't work then? I would assume the FiiO's are CITA standard, but I've read reviews on Amazon where FiiO IEMs with inline controls don't work with FiiO devices. Do you have other headphones with inline controls that you could test?

Hi fourrobert13, sorry for my late reply! CITA standard headphone supports pause/play, previous/next function but volume control. OMTP standard headphone doesn't support inline control and only can hear the sound. Any chance you could double confirm your headphone standard? If your headphone is indeed CITA standard, it may to do with the headphone electronic circuit , which is unsure now. I just tried inline control with my colleague iphone6 headphone, the pause/play function worked perfectly and previous/next function didn't work for the iphone6 headphone didn't have this function.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back