Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4,531 of 6,262
There's a slight delay when using the Cayin N3 as a USB DAC.
Is this fixable?

I am also curious about this. When I use this as a USB DAC and play games, the latency is very noticeable. (I have the Cayin driver set to minimum latency and have tried 64 samples and auto)

Does anyone have a solution?

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #4,532 of 6,262
Not true about no Apple fans in the thread.:rage:
And you have to remember that Jobs made portable MP3 players mainstream. Before then, Creative and Cowon tried but never reached the masses. Creative was great though, wish they had stuck around in the portable player market.

However, it is true that unless you really really like hard drive players, there's no market for them anymore.

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #4,533 of 6,262
Which of Steve's abandoned babies would you trade your N3 for?

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #4,535 of 6,262
There's a slight delay when using the Cayin N3 as a USB DAC.
Is this fixable?

I am also curious about this. When I use this as a USB DAC and play games, the latency is very noticeable. (I have the Cayin driver set to minimum latency and have tried 64 samples and auto)

Does anyone have a solution?

Hi, this is a inevitable result.My colleague Andykong has made specific explanation before: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...oax-out-for-150.833932/page-109#post-13464002

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #4,536 of 6,262
Hello @Andykong , there is small bump behind my N3, I notice today, I use silicone case from day 1 (29 Sept)..
Im worried its not only the pleather, but inside N3, because I can push the plastic frame.
I give u picture to show bump position, and upload a video, put N3 on flat surface, is this normal?

I use cayin original cable for charging, (phone charger)

IMG_20171025_224824.jpg

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #4,539 of 6,262
Back to taking the back off an N3. Rather than Andy Kong going to the trouble of asking perhaps other people who have done it (e.g. nmathais) could maybe tell us?

Thanks for any help everyone.

His reply is on page 297 ...photos included

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,540 of 6,262
Hello @Andykong , there is small bump behind my N3, I notice today, I use silicone case from day 1 (29 Sept)..
Im worried its not only the pleather, but inside N3, because I can push the plastic frame.
I give u picture to show bump position, and upload a video, put N3 on flat surface, is this normal?

I use cayin original cable for charging, (phone charger)

Hi, it seems that the pleather haven't placed properly and it slides to the right side. You can try to push the pleather to left side by your finger slightly, then press the right side pleather into N3's frame. Any problems, please feel free to let me know again.

Oct 26, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #4,541 of 6,262
Hi, it seems that the pleather haven't placed properly and it slides to the right side. You can try to push the pleather to left side by your finger slightly, then press the right side pleather into N3's frame. Any problems, please feel free to let me know again.

The pleather is perfectly align, but I notice very small gap from plastic frame near microSD card, and I can push it, but it will back bump again.

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #4,543 of 6,262
The pleather is perfectly align, but I notice very small gap from plastic frame near microSD card, and I can push it, but it will back bump again.

Sorry for the inconvenient caused. I am quite sure the problem is the handling of pleather, I'll inform our QA to step up their process on this area.

If you trim the pleather slightly, will it fit into the space perfectly? maybe you need to apply some glue to the pleather before you push it in.

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #4,544 of 6,262
IMG_20171026_132814.jpg
Sorry for the inconvenient caused. I am quite sure the problem is the handling of pleather, I'll inform our QA to step up their process on this area.

If you trim the pleather slightly, will it fit into the space perfectly? maybe you need to apply some glue to the pleather before you push it in.

Thank you @CayinSupport and @Andykong , for fast response, N3 work perfectly fine, battery is good, hope its just the pleather, maybe I can trim it, but the gap exist,..
Sorry for nitpicking, just want to give small feedback.

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #4,545 of 6,262
A perfect union -- the Cayin N3 and the Pocket Class A NHB by @xrk971
YHUJvs
9XQ56J

That looks great and I assume it sounds great as well. What is that on the left side of the photo? I can't quite make it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back