Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
Jun 25, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #335 of 424
Seems idap-6 has too many SW defects.
I got another idap-6 for testing from dealer in my country. And it is haging up in the same way as mine during one of the clicks to the next track using mobile device via Hiby Music. I tried different mobile devices and different SD/USB/HDD sources.
Also my idap has another rear issue - screen freezing while i click next track on the device itself. I mean next track stars playing but the screen feezed on previouse one, and buttons doesnt work.
Is it possible to collect the logs ?
Is there any support from Cayin?

Jul 15, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #337 of 424
A bit annoying, but 95% of my music is not DSD, so definitely not a deal-breaker. Though I wish the iDAP-6 music library scan didn't max out at 30,000 songs. Overall though, very happy with the device, and looking forward to exploring even more of what it can do!

Is the 30K file limit still an issue? I have 33k and counting.
Also is there an ability to create playlists,and is there a desktop version of the UI?

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #338 of 424
Is the 30K file limit still an issue? I have 33k and counting.
Also is there an ability to create playlists,and is there a desktop version of the UI?
@Monsterzero I've never had any luck finding something easy, simple, and intuitive to make playlists, so I just ended up doing my own 'playlists' by having different folders. Even though I have to have the same songs in various folders; not ideal, but it works for me. And with that, the 30k limit isn't really an issue anymore.
As for actually making playlists on the iDAP-6, yes, you can; you can make playlists and add to them, as well as tag songs as Favorites. You can do so in the device itself or via the Hiby Music app. As for a desktop version of the UI, seems like it's just Android or iOS.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #340 of 424
Hi, I have some questions regarding iDAP-6. :)

If I connect external USB SSD drive to rear USB input, will I be able to control playback with Android tablet via WiFi or Bluetooth? Will view displayed by tablet reflect folder structure from SSD drive? Will I be able to enqueue playback of all songs from a given folder? Does Hiby Music equalizer work when iDAC-6 sends music through digital outs?

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #341 of 424
Hi, I have some questions regarding iDAP-6. :)

If I connect external USB SSD drive to rear USB input, will I be able to control playback with Android tablet via WiFi or Bluetooth?
Yes, you can install HiBy Music App on your Tablet and remote control the playback through HiByLink feature of the HiBy Music App

Will view displayed by tablet reflect folder structure from SSD drive?
Yes, with HiByLink

Will I be able to enqueue playback of all songs from a given folder?
Yes, with HiByLink

Does Hiby Music equalizer work when iDAC-6 sends music through digital outs?
No, you cannot add the equalizer to the bitstream output of IDAP-6

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 8, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #342 of 424
Is anyone still using the IDAP-6 on here - I have one, lovely playback from the SD card but nothing will play from the USB ports - Had a Sandisk 1tb SSD working briefly before it gave up (about 1 day) - Replaced with a Samsung t5 1tb drive which it does not recognise at all, have now just bought (and foolishly spent hours filling up) a Samsung Bar Plus 256gb USB thumb drive which it does not recognise at all - has anyone got any tips at all as otherwise this device is limited to the SD card and a quite complex NAS set up which is not ideal!

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #343 of 424
Is anyone still using the IDAP-6 on here - I have one, lovely playback from the SD card but nothing will play from the USB ports - Had a Sandisk 1tb SSD working briefly before it gave up (about 1 day) - Replaced with a Samsung t5 1tb drive which it does not recognise at all, have now just bought (and foolishly spent hours filling up) a Samsung Bar Plus 256gb USB thumb drive which it does not recognise at all - has anyone got any tips at all as otherwise this device is limited to the SD card and a quite complex NAS set up which is not ideal!

I have a brand new iDAP 6 and have the same problem with no USB output. I emailed @Andykong but have not heard back yet. (He’s always great at responding quickly😎).
When I hear back I’ll post here.
[/QUOTE

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #344 of 424
I still have the issue, I chased this with the Main UK supplier and so far no response, but to be fair to them they did not supply the IDAP6 component so it was a favour rather than a reseller issue and i will call them as they were going to ask the UK rep directly (this was a few months back) - I have also messaged Andy Kong and no response. My Idap 6 works with USB thumb drives as long as you do not plug in the HDMI/i2s Cable - if the device is connected to the IDAC-6MK2 with coax it's fine - everything works. If you boot both with the HDMI cable disconnected its also fine and you can then plug it back in and it still works - its a work around but a PITA as you have to do this every time as well as wear and tear issues.

I have 'invested' heavily in Cayin and I am very impressed with the the sound quality and build and I have had a few rigs over the years. I have the full stack of their Idap/IHA and IDAC as well as the CS88A and CDT15A. There seems to be a deathly silence on this forum regarding this device despite it still being sold.....for its sound quality/build it's a bargain. But to the main point of my response I'm pretty sick of the lack of response from Cayin regarding this, it's not exactly easy to contact them at all in the UK, no english language support on their main page as far as as I can see. IMHO someone needs to get their act together and respond.....no point having good components if there is no support when there is an issue - other manufacturers (Burson/Fiio/Metrum) are far better in this respect.

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #345 of 424
I still have the issue, I chased this with the Main UK supplier and so far no response, but to be fair to them they did not supply the IDAP6 component so it was a favour rather than a reseller issue and i will call them as they were going to ask the UK rep directly (this was a few months back) - I have also messaged Andy Kong and no response. My Idap 6 works with USB thumb drives as long as you do not plug in the HDMI/i2s Cable - if the device is connected to the IDAC-6MK2 with coax it's fine - everything works. If you boot both with the HDMI cable disconnected its also fine and you can then plug it back in and it still works - its a work around but a PITA as you have to do this every time as well as wear and tear issues.

I have 'invested' heavily in Cayin and I am very impressed with the the sound quality and build and I have had a few rigs over the years. I have the full stack of their Idap/IHA and IDAC as well as the CS88A and CDT15A. There seems to be a deathly silence on this forum regarding this device despite it still being sold.....for its sound quality/build it's a bargain. But to the main point of my response I'm pretty sick of the lack of response from Cayin regarding this, it's not exactly easy to contact them at all in the UK, no english language support on their main page as far as as I can see. IMHO someone needs to get their act together and respond.....no point having good components if there is no support when there is an issue - other manufacturers (Burson/Fiio/Metrum) are far better in this respect.
I definitely have no problem with the sound of the iDAP 6. Operationally the only problem I’m having is the unit losing connection with HiBymusic (Bluetooth) and Airplay (WIFI) Restarting solves the problem but like you said, PITA. I have no regrets though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back