Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jan 20, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #3,602 of 3,742
I have both - why would you bother - amp in the i5 has more than enough power. What are you aiming to drive?

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #3,603 of 3,742
Nmatheis : well my curiousity got me XD and it was pretty cheap, so i bought it XD well if it's really that bad i will give it to my friend that need an amp for his kit,

Well i'm searching for an amp too, so i'm gonna look at my local audio auction group for something interesting that catch my eye XD i hope i'll find something decebt next

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,606 of 3,742
Dear fellow i5 owners,I just got an i5 and so far I am loving it. I will try to update with some impressions once I have been living with it for a few weeks but right now I am in need of some assitance please.

I cannot get the i5 to connect to my Wi-Fi. This would not be much of a concern for me as I have no desire to connect to Wi-Fi other than the fact that I cannot seem to do a firmware update without it.

Is there a way to do a firmware update without Wi-Fi?

Thank you for your help.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #3,607 of 3,742
Dear fellow i5 owners,I just got an i5 and so far I am loving it. I will try to update with some impressions once I have been living with it for a few weeks but right now I am in need of some assitance please.

I cannot get the i5 to connect to my Wi-Fi. This would not be much of a concern for me as I have no desire to connect to Wi-Fi other than the fact that I cannot seem to do a firmware update without it.

Is there a way to do a firmware update without Wi-Fi?

Thank you for your help.

Yes, you can do it without Wi-Fi. The update is done from a .zip file. You can download the update you want to your computer from the Cayin website, and then transfer it to your player like any other file. Update instructions are there, too. Good luck!

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #3,609 of 3,742
Hello

I have a problem with browsing my WD NAS with the player's stock interface.
Although it will find my NAS server IP and the directories it won't eventually prompt me to enter credentials in order to gain access to my files.

With 3rd party apps like USB Audio Player Pro I can browse my NAS flawlessly.

Am I missing anything?

Feb 10, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #3,611 of 3,742
Happy Chinese New Year

This is a special time for family reunion, so we are taking a break to travel all the way back home.

Thank you very much for all the support we have received. May the New Year brings happiness and prosperity to you and your family.

Our office will close from 11th to 25th February, and we'll resume duty on 26th February 2018.

2018 Chinese New Year.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 10, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #3,612 of 3,742
Happy Chinese New Year

This is a special time for family reunion, so we are taking a break to travel all the way back home.

Thank you very much for all the support we have received. May the New Year brings happiness and prosperity to you and your family.

Our office will close from 11th to 25th February, and we'll resume duty on 26th February 2018.

Happy holidays Andy. All the best to you and yours.

Can anyone please point me to the changelog of 2.3.0? I'm considering installing the beta rom.

Feb 10, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #3,613 of 3,742
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #3,615 of 3,742
Happy Chinese New Year

Sorry for bothering you again. it is the last I promise as I'm going to leave you enjoy your holiday.

I've already asked above but haven't got any attention or response as of now.

I have a problem with browsing my WD My Book NAS with the player's stock interface (Hiby).
Although it will find my NAS server, IP and the directories, it won't eventually prompt me to enter credentials in order to gain access to my files. This is not the case if I try for example to connect to a desktop computer in my LAN. It asks for credentials in that case and connects normally.

Strangely, with 3rd party apps like ''USB Audio Player Pro'' I can browse my NAS flawlessly.

Am I missing anything in the settings or is there anything I should change within my NAS's configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back