1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last
  1. professor55
    091114BA-42C9-4E33-B7E4-FECAD31873FE.jpeg I haven’t been using my C5 amp (no DAC) with the i5 lately just cause it sounds so damn good, and I’m running lower ohm phones. But with these 250 ohm Beyer DT’s this is a sweet combo!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Ray3rd and G_T_J like this.
  2. alleroy
    You're lucky that you can at least connect to desktop computers with Hiby, I have never been able so far to connect to any of mines, while I have no problems if I use, for example X-Plore file manager. Have you experienced any difference rolling back to firmware 2.0?

3. G_T_J
    I can't tell you unfortunately as I have now put my i5 on sale..
    From what I recall, yes, I could connect to my desktop computer via Hiby music and never had luck with my WD NAS where I store all my music...

4. alleroy
    Ok, thanks for your reply. What I am experiencing is:
    1) with a pc running windows 10 pro, i5 trough hiby simply refuses to connect saying user/password combination is wrong, no problem instead with X-Plore;
    2) with a pc running windows 7 ultimare, i5 trough hiby accepts the user/password combination, but then the wheel on the screen keeps turning around and it never gets to folder browsing; again no problems with X-Plore;
    3) with another pc running windows 7 home edition instead everything works.

I am wondering what could make the difference.

However, what I am mainly interested in, is how to solve the issue related to the Win 10 pro pc, that is the user/password combination reported as wrong even if it correct. If anybody is still using the i5 and could help, this would be very appreciated

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. alleroy
    I quote myself since I found a solution googling around, I report here in case it may help anybody with the same issue: it seems that with a security update Windows 10 disabled SMB1 sharing protocol, and apparently the lan browsing trough hiby app doesn't work with newer version of this protocol, so the only solution I found is to re-enable it trough Control Panel > Program and Features > Turn Windows features on and off.
    This however could expose your pc to some vulnerability issues (see for example here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-smb1-windows), so, even if I know that at this point it is a groundless hope, it would be appreciated if future firmware releaes for i5 would fix this problem by adding support for SMB2 or SMB3 (if it isn't a limit of the Android version on the i5).

6. Andykong
    Sorry for the late respond.

I am not a NAS-literate, I struggled with my QNAP 4 bay and finally seek help from my friend before I can get it setup correctly. Therefore I can't comment on the NAS configuration, but if you can give me the detail of your NAS equipment and a short video clip on the i5 trying to connect to your NAS, I can forward the problem to our Service Engineer for comment. You can PM a dropbox or Google drive download link to me after you take the video clip.

On the other hand, have you tried Neutron Player with your NAS? Since Neutron provides Hi-Res support to i5, if it works with your NAS, we can have an interim solution that support Hi-Res audio for the moment.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  7. Andykong
    250ohm headphones will be a bit marginal for i5, so I am not surprised that the C5 can contribute as an upgrade in overall audio performance in this setup. With lower ohm phones, you better be careful with the volume knob of C5, it is a very powerful headphone amplifier give its size, it probably won't damage your headphone, but it might damage your hearing. :beerchug:

8. Andykong
    Thanks for the update, I'll forward your solution to HiBy, keep them informed and find out if there is any internal setting in the HiBy app that can handle the situation correctly. :beerchug::beerchug:

9. Demard
    @Andykong
    need help to pair bluetooth headset ...
    bluetooth in cayin i5 does not show headset name ( it show 00:26:38:00:5A: DC instead)
    while pairing, cayin i5 show [can't communicate with )

in available devices of cayin
    it show my phone name and pair with it as intended

also had try to connect headset to my phone, it work without problem

edited : update
    somehow i was able to get the headset name show up correctly in cayin i5
    but still unable to communicate with headset

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. Andykong
    What is the brand and model of your headset? Can you list the supported BT profile? If it works with your mobile phone but not with i5, and your i5 can pair with other BT device correctly, that might suggest incompatibility of BT profile. Be reminded that i5 only support A2DP profile in BT connection.

You said "it show my phone name and pair with it as intended" and then "still unable to communicate with headset", I am a bit confused, we are talking about two distinctive device here?

11. Demard
    i will admit it is bit confusing
    is to show that i5 bluetooth does not have problem

it is 维迈通 V8 for helmet

not listed

suspected it after intense research online

12. chaturanga
    I have two questions,

- How is USB out feature (to external DACs) working? Is it stable and bit perfect?

- How is Tidal offline experience on i5 with latest firmware?

Thanks.

13. alvinlim2010
    Hi I'm curious how the i5 matches up to the fiio x5 3gen?

14. Brooko Contributor
  15. alvinlim2010
    Thanks Brooko! The more I read, the more I'm leaning towards the Fiio, given that it's not as, dated and a somewhat similar sound signature to the Cayin. I don't use headphones so the better power output from Cayin wouldn't benefit me as much.

First

Back
232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241
243 244 245 246 247 248
Next

Last