Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Apr 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #3,137 of 3,742
As in you're routing Tidal through UAPP? Either way, yes or no can you please explain in a bit more detail?

Yea, USB AUDIO Player Prohas built in TIDAL support, so all you do is put in your login info and you're good to go. Not quite as good as interface as the original TIDAL app, but as I'm typing this I'm listening to some The Flaming Lips in 48/24.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #3,138 of 3,742
Yea, USB AUDIO Player Prohas built in TIDAL support, so all you do is put in your login info and you're good to go. Not quite as good as interface as the original TIDAL app, but as I'm typing this I'm listening to some The Flaming Lips in 48/24.

TIDAL streams high-res on top of lossless? Didn't know that.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3,140 of 3,742
TIDAL streams high-res on top of lossless? Didn't know that.

I think that's what the new MASTERS play down sampled at when you aren't using the desktop app. The playlist i was listening to was tracks from the MASTERS

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,148 of 3,742
Confirm that the stock player is not stable , constantly buggy , firmware 2.0, this was not . Request to Andykong , do please firmware 2.0 which can be put on 2.2 !!! I want to go back to stable firmware !!!!

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3,149 of 3,742
I just don't have any problems with gapless, and I use file browser so maybe I just don't see the instability or sort issues you guys talking about. Can you help me out with more specific details for gapless and instability?

Gapless is really important to me. If it didn't work properly, I'd be all over that just like I am in the Aune M1s thread. I mean, I started that thread, too. But that didn't stop me from raising concerns over fw issues. Same applies here or in any other threads. If I encounter an issue, I bring it up. I'm just not seeing major issues with i5 anymore. Maybe our sensitivity levels are just different?

May 1, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #3,150 of 3,742
I just don't have any problems with gapless, and I use file browser so maybe I just don't see the instability or sort issues you guys talking about. Can you help me out with more specific details for gapless and instability?

Gapless is really important to me. If it didn't work properly, I'd be all over that just like I am in the Aune M1s thread. I mean, I started that thread, too. But that didn't stop me from raising concerns over fw issues. Same applies here or in any other threads. If I encounter an issue, I bring it up. I'm just not seeing major issues with i5 anymore. Maybe our sensitivity levels are just different?

Gapless is a problem with mine, whether it be in "folder" (assume that's what you mean by "file browser") or any other access.

Is there any truth in Cayin not planning further firmware updates (that's how I read an earlier posts here)?

Also, is it possible to install firmware 2.0 over 2.2? I mean, when updating firmware, does the "change" completely wipe out the previous firmware and install a new version completely fresh? If so, that would suggest to me it should be possible to go back.

Note: The problem with gapless is when using the i5 with the built in player, it isn't a problem if using Foobar 2000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back