Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Dec 20, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #2,401 of 3,742
  hello i just got my i5 and got a question

after selecting english as my language why is some of the stuff still in chinese? like when i go to online and all the songs are written in chinese and where it says third party application and on top of that it is still in chinese?

where do i go to download spotify because i cant find google play app.

Go here: http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13482 Update your firmware to 2.0 and see if the problem is still there.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,402 of 3,742
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #2,403 of 3,742

after selecting english as my language why is some of the stuff still in chinese? like when i go to online and all the songs are written in chinese and where it says third party application and on top of that it is still in chinese?

Looks like you have bought a Chinese domestic version i5 instead of International version, I'll send you a PM for further detail.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 21, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #2,406 of 3,742

You need to update your firmware to latest international version.

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13482

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,407 of 3,742
That would be nice yes. But I'm sure there is gonna be someone who does not like it. It all depends on taste I guess... I'm still lovin the device haha. The only problem I would really like to be fixed is the sorting of albums. I would love if the release year would be taken into account when sorting the albums.
Hails!

This is the screen that I used when I demo i5 at CanJam or other exhibitions, most visitors find this screen useful and attractive. You can go into this screen with just one click: At the landing page of i5, select "Album" (between Folders and Artist) and i5 will jump to this page immediately. Unfortunately you need to
(1) Scan the music library beforehand, if you insert a TF card without scanning, there will be no information at the Album tab
(2) Each music folder must have a album art file provided.

The only navigation option that don't assume any responsibility from users is the Folder view, which is the current landing page of i5. You have to select the storage option (Internal memory, TF, LAN, dropbox, OTG etc), and then go through your own folder tree. If you have stored the album folders directly under the root director of your TF card, you can see the album list when you select the TF card icon on the landing page, but this will depend how you organise your folders in your TF card.

If there is a clear preference on the Album page as landing page, I can put forward a request to change the landing arrangement, this should be a pretty straight forward change.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 21, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #2,408 of 3,742
Dec 21, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #2,409 of 3,742
This is the screen that I used when I demo i5 at CanJam or other exhibitions, most visitors find this screen useful and attractive. You can go into this screen with just one click: At the landing page of i5, select "Album" (between Folders and Artist) and i5 will jump to this page immediately. Unfortunately you need to
(1) Scan the music library beforehand, if you insert a TF card without scanning, there will be no information at the Album tab
(2) Each music folder must have a album art file provided.

The only navigation option that don't assume any responsibility from users is the Folder view, which is the current landing page of i5. You have to select the storage option (Internal memory, TF, LAN, dropbox, OTG etc), and then go through your own folder tree. If you have stored the album folders directly under the root director of your TF card, you can see the album list when you select the TF card icon on the landing page, but this will depend how you organise your folders in your TF card.

If there is a clear preference on the Album page as landing page, I can put forward a request to change the landing arrangement, this should be a pretty straight forward change.

Yeah, that would be a big change, but I'm sure most people will love it. There is always someone who disagrees but... I'm definitely for it.

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,410 of 3,742
Anyone here can help where one could get a simplified schematics for usb type-c (male) to 3.5mm (male) connection?  I have seen the one @Andykong posted some pages back but that's a bit difficult to understand.  Sorry.  I know there are pre-made ones available for purchase but it would be nice if we have a DIY guide.  Thanks in advance!

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #2,411 of 3,742
When i5 break off an ISO file, it should display the tracks title according to track number, and if track title is no available in the ISO file, then i5 will display Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, ... on the screen. Is this what happening with our ISO file playback?

Can you PM me the screen shot of the ISO file with the tracks not in sequence, and the url of the SACD so that I can cross check against the original track list. I'll try to work out the logic behind wrong sequence.

Andy,

PM sent. Thx

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,412 of 3,742
I'm really enjoying my time with the i5. Truth be told, the player is decent with in-ear monitors. While I do wish there was a gain setting less than the low setting, I don't consider it a deal breaker. 

I LOVE the analog volume pot. Even the tension is spot on IMHO. It really makes it a great in-pocket player thanks to the jack placement and volume pot.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #2,413 of 3,742
Andy, for the problems on Tidal streaming and offline content, the possible cause is the version of Android used in i5.  According to Tidal website, HiFi Mode is only compatible with Android devices using version 4.4.4 or above.  However i5 uses version 4.4 only.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #2,414 of 3,742
  Andy, for the problems on Tidal streaming and offline content, the possible cause is the version of Android used in i5.  According to Tidal website, HiFi Mode is only compatible with Android devices using version 4.4.4 or above.  However i5 uses version 4.4 only.

I really wish they update the OS to at least lollipop like the Opus#1.  Total overhaul in user experience.  Navigation and UI improved a lot.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #2,415 of 3,742
besides, battery could improve in android 5 by doze

Users who are viewing this thread

Back