Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 2, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #841 of 3,742
You are at Hong Kong right now? We'll start our biggest annual Audio Visual Show this Friday, this is indeed the best time to visit Hong Kong. Well, audiophile will agree with me, but not necessarily the wife of audiophile.
biggrin.gif

Don't worry, typhoon comes and go, the city is resuming as I type, have fun.

EXCELLENT! And the 'typhoon' was indeed a non-event. I don't leave until Tuesday so I will be sure to come. Where may I find more details?

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #842 of 3,742
does the 1.5 firmware out yet ?

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #845 of 3,742
As a result of the unexpected instance, the release of i5 v1.5 international firmware will delay till 3 August 2016. We shall keep everyone informed when we have latest development. Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Will the 1.5 version update be pushed down via OTA or go to website to download?  Didnt see any so far

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #846 of 3,742
Will the 1.5 version update be pushed down via OTA or go to website to download?  Didnt see any so far

Today is 3 august right? But where is the 1.5 firmware

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #848 of 3,742
It depends where you are :D

Can i just download it somewhere on the internet? Because there is still no i5 on their english website.

Btw my cayin i5 is the international version.

Aug 3, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #851 of 3,742
Aug 3, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #852 of 3,742
O dammit I'm still not home yet!
Guys please pray for my success in updating it later since the other 2 updates have failed me and the fate of my i5 depends on this update.

Also would be grateful if someone could post the MD5 of the zip file here.

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #853 of 3,742
Announcement of Cayin i5 firmware v1.5

http://en.cayin.cn/news_view.asp?id=811

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Add “Advance Task Killer” button at the bottom of Third Party Application page
  2. Add new STOP function:press and hold the Play button on the Right side of the player during playback, the system will stop all playback function and return to Home screen
  3. Add new App Termination function: press and hold the Play button on the Right side of the player at third party applications, the system will terminate the third party application completely and return to Home screen.
  4. Improve system efficiency and smooth operation, reduce system lagging during third party applications.
  5. Optimise OTA upgrade service, increase firmware download speed
  6. Improve synchronisation of volume control and volume value as displayed on the screensaver at Lock screen mode.
  7. Rectify System error occurred when move or delete multiple documents under Album and Playlist
  8. Rectify power management bud: system will now go into pause when pull out headphone during playback at locked screen.
  9. Rectify the problem when the system fails to drop out of current Pop-up operation when Home key is pressed (e.g., Gain control pop-up screen)
  10. Rectify character overlapping at EQ setting page of selected languages
  11. Optimise third party application installation, make sure new application icon will display at third party application drawer when the application is installed by ES Explorer.
  12. Optimise System Update function, adjust message placement and ensure system message “New version of firmware is detected, proceed to install?” will not block up System update instruction.
  13. Rectify caption language error in Music Information page.
  14. Rectify message error in Power Off pop-up window under Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong) and Japanese language
  15. Other optimisation and bugs fixed.

Cayin i5 Firmware Upgrade

Cayin i5 is based on a fully customized Android 4.4 system, this is uniquely developed to become the foundation of i5. Cayin will issue updated i5 firmware from time to time to enable new function, optimize the features and functions of the player, and improve the efficiency and performance of the hardware platform. Cayin reserves the right to modify the firmware without prior notice.

Attention:

1. Each version of firmware might contain minor different, please review the modification list and decide on your own accord whether you want to update the firmware of your i5 Player.
  2. Under normal circumstances, firmware upgrade will not cause any damage to user information, including installed applications and downloaded music files. However Cayin cannot exclude the possibility of upgrade failure due to mal-operation or any other reason. For these reasons, you might be required to reset your i5 player and result in losing person data stored on the player. We suggest you backup all your personal data stored on the player before you perform firmware upgrade.
  3. The i5 Android firmware is fully customized for i5 only and cannot be used in other Android devices.
  4. Please do not temper the i5 firmware or intend to replace the i5 firmware with other Android based system or firmware.

Firmware upgrades procedure

Cayin i5 offers OTA upgrade and Manual upgrade options. The firmware content is identical in both cases, users can select their preferred option freely.

Cayin i5 was launched with firmware v1.0, and we have added OTA upgrade function at v1.1 and v1.2 respectively. If your i5 firmware is remain at v1.0, you’ll not be able to use OTA firmware upgrade, we suggest you to perform at least one firmware upgrade manually, this will allow you to enjoy OTA upgrade in subsequent firmware release.

A. OTA upgrade instruction

1. OTA upgrade is only available to i5 with v1.1 firmware or after.
  2. Please make sure the player has not less than 50% battery power before you proceed.
  3. When you activate WiFi connection, system will detect and alert you when new firmware is identified automatically, please use the pull down menu to accept the firmware upgrade offer, or select “System Update” command under the Setup menu to invoke firmware upgrade process.
  4. You will enter a download screen and when the download is completed, confirm to proceed update and the system will complete the update process automatically.

Upon completion on firmware upgrade, the firmware package is stored at the root directory of the internal storage under the name of “update.zip”. You can delete this file (with ES explorer preinstalled under Third Party Application drawer) to redeem storage capacity.

B. Manual upgrade instruction

The i5 v1.5 firmware package is around 215MB, consider some users are using the i5 as a standalone player or having a much faster network connection with their desktop computer, Cayin has offer manual upgrade option for your convenient.

1. Go to download page of Cayin website (http://en.cayin.cn/news.asp?keys=222), click into the latest i5 firmware upgrade entry, download the installation package titled i5-Update-1.5international.zip
  2. Copy the installation package to the root directory of i5 internal storage or the root directory of the TF card that will be used in firmware upgrade.
  3. Please make sure the player has not less than 50% battery power before you proceed.
  4. Enter Recovery Mode of Cayin i5 by pressing Down key at the right side and Power On/off at the left side
  5. Once you have arrived at Recovery Mode, you can move around with the Volume control or the Up and Down key on the left, and select an option with Power On/Off key
    • If you have stored the installation package at root directory of internal storage, select “apply update from internal storage”
    • If you have stored the installation package at root directory of the TF card, select “apply update from external storage”
  6. Select “i5-Update-1.5international.zip” with Power on/off key to activate upgrade process
  7. At the end of system upgrade, select “reboot system now” at Recovery Mode to complete the firmware upgrade.

Attention:

1. Do not operate the machine during firmware upgrade
  2. Please delete/remove the firmware file from the internal storage/TF card after firmware upgrade
  3. Please perform a complete Music Scan after firmware upgrade.
  4. In case you have third party applications installed and find the system/applications are not performing satisfactory, please wipe cache partition (in recovery mode) and restart the system.
  5. If the system freeze or cannot resume to regular operation, you can turn off the device by press and hold the Power on-off key for around 10 seconds. The system will shut down in regardless of operation status. If problem persist, you can perform a Factory Reset (under Setting menu) or Wipe data/factory reset (in recovery mode) to resume the system.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #854 of 3,742
Thank you very much Andy, great support!
Update found but it is downloading so slow here that I gave up. will try again later or at home
I got all the other 3rd party apps working now though

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #855 of 3,742
O dammit I'm still not home yet!
Guys please pray for my success in updating it later since the other 2 updates have failed me and the fate of my i5 depends on this update.

Also would be grateful if someone could post the MD5 of the zip file here.

MD5    7e4f830d853d2815324e7e49ee93e0cb
Updated mine manually without any problems. You do not need to unzip the downloaded file. Just dump it direct to the root of sd card.

Volume adjustment from lock screen is now in correct steps of 1
The 30:00 song start bug is still present.
File info displays now fully in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back