Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 3, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #871 of 3,742
Mine has been updated to 1.5 manualy and no problem so far.

Glad that volume is fix on the lock screen, this is my first cayin product and found that their product support is good.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #873 of 3,742

I like to lower the volume of my music when I in a quite environment and anything below 20 volume with my k10u I can hear the noise when streaming music kind of annoying.

But I find a solution that is not to use my noble k10u when streaming music, all my other iems Layla, 846 and k3003 are fine with no noise when streaming music.

I still hope you can find a fix for it. For example my lg v10 phone using 4g network or wifi is able to stream music without noise on my k10u.

Maybe you can give an option in the player to adjust the gain and capacity of wifi signal for us to try if it fix the noise problem in the next firmware update.

Still the Cayin i5 is a excellent player in the price range that run android and most importantly support streaming music, to me its better than the Fiio X7 and about equal to the Onkyo DP-X1 both also run android and support streaming music.

I am deciding to buy a new DAP (Cayin i5 / Fiioi X7 or Pioneer XDP-100r come in mind) or the LG V10 (more allround because of camera).
Currently using my LG G3 as transport with an iFi iDSD Nano as DAC, which sounds great but it's a package.....
Are you able to elaborate on the benefits of the Cayin i5 since the LG V10 has a pretty decent DAC and AMP section as well?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #875 of 3,742
How to add picture on cayin i5 my profile?

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #879 of 3,742
Copy one on your device or download one to it.
Or you can of course use the hidden camera.

On 1.2 my photo doesn't appear on gallery, will try again on 1.5 firmware. And please PM me how to enable the hidden camera feature :laughing:

@andykong,keep up the goodwork, and maybe for the next fw update we can get more minimalist volume ui.

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #880 of 3,742
126.976 each time here :/

reuploading on MEGA now but upload speed is miserable so gotta be patient.

also, I redownloaded the file, MD5 matched but still can't update.
Size on disk is 220.979KB, downloaded size 215MB.

I have uploaded the firmware package to my Google document, for those who has problem in downloading the firmware through our FTP, maybe you can try the following link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2hOfIpcK24hc3JUYlNaUTB0UWc

If you have successfully downloaded the package from my Google Drive and upgraded your i5, please drop me a line, I download this file from FTP without testing it, my i5 have been upgraded to v1.5 when I test the OTA upgarde service, can't test this file with my i5 right now.

I shall repeat Manual upgrade procedure for your convenient:

The i5 v1.5 firmware package is around 215MB, consider some users are using the i5 as a standalone player or having a much faster network connection with their desktop computer, Cayin has offer manual upgrade option for your convenient.

1. Go to download page of Cayin website (http://en.cayin.cn/news.asp?keys=222), click into the latest i5 firmware upgrade entry, download the installation package titled i5-Update-1.5international.zip
  2. Copy the installation package to the root directory of i5 internal storage or the root directory of the TF card that will be used in firmware upgrade.
  3. Please make sure the player has not less than 50% battery power before you proceed.
  4. Enter Recovery Mode of Cayin i5 by pressing Down key at the right side and Power On/off at the left side
  5. Once you have arrived at Recovery Mode, you can move around with the Volume control or the Up and Down key on the left, and select an option with Power On/Off key
    • If you have stored the installation package at root directory of internal storage, select “apply update from internal storage”
    • If you have stored the installation package at root directory of the TF card, select “apply update from external storage”
  6. Select “i5-Update-1.5international.zip” with Power on/off key to activate upgrade process
  7. At the end of system upgrade, select “reboot system now” at Recovery Mode to complete the firmware upgrade.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #881 of 3,742
@Andykong no luck on my end, still the same error. I'm starting to think my device does not have the assigned signature or something for verification, since the others seem to be able to do it, as far as I can see... If only I could disable the signature verification, it might work.

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #882 of 3,742
@Andykong
 no luck on my end, still the same error. I'm starting to think my device does not have the assigned signature or something for verification, since the others seem to be able to do it, as far as I can see... If only I could disable the signature verification, it might work.

That is indeed strange because once the installation package is downloaded completely, the firmware upgrade should be straight forwards, your i5 is the only machine that cannot complete the upgrade process so far.

To crosschecked, the installation package should be 215MB or 220,979KB.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #883 of 3,742
anyone still experiencing player crashing while using 3rd party apps? 

Please be informed that Cayin i5 is a fully customised Android DAP, there are a lot of common Android functions such as Camera, Phone, Contact list, SMS, MMS, GPS , ...etc are sealed from users (hardware incompatible). Although Cayin i5 allow users to install third party applicaitons freely, there will be many cases that the apps required one or more Android service that not available, and causing problems when you execute the apps in i5.

Please check the privilege requirements page carefully when you install an app to i5, you probably will be surprised by the range of Android service required by the app you are going to install.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #884 of 3,742
Done a factory wipe and the default player is now normal and starts from 00:00

My direct file transfer problem from OSX to player seemed also resolved now. Can see the storage :))

Glad to know that the problems are solved. Once again we proved Android is not very reliable when come to memory management, so its a good practice to wipe the cache partition after firmware upgrade. :beerchug:

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #885 of 3,742
I like to lower the volume of my music when I in a quite environment and anything below 20 volume with my k10u I can hear the noise when streaming music kind of annoying.

But I find a solution that is not to use my noble k10u when streaming music, all my other iems Layla, 846 and k3003 are fine with no noise when streaming music.

I still hope you can find a fix for it. For example my lg v10 phone using 4g network or wifi is able to stream music without noise on my k10u.

Maybe you can give an option in the player to adjust the gain and capacity of wifi signal for us to try if it fix the noise problem in the next firmware update.

Still the Cayin i5 is a excellent player in the price range that run android and most importantly support streaming music, to me its better than the Fiio X7 and about equal to the Onkyo DP-X1 both also run android and support streaming music.

I am afraid we are not in a position to compete with the latest mobile phone implementation when come to the issue of WiFi interference. The mobile phone does not have any of the analogue amplification circuit, and they were built to communicate, their 4G/WiFi implementation is the core competence of the product, even their chassis very designed to facilitate WiFi connections.

The i5 on the other hand is designed to seal the player from RF/EMI interference. For example, when you listen to headphone out of a mobile phone, quite often you'll hear annoying interference when there is a phone nearby making call or receiving call, but interference like this won't happen to i5. Unfortunately when we can stop interference from going into the DAP, we are also stopping what is inside from going out of the DAP as well,, so the efficiency of WiFi implementation is indeed much lower then modern mobile phones.

While Cayin has devoted a lot of effort and resource to combat the WiFi noise problem, and we want to make the i5 a real online music player, we have to admit that we are not in the same league with V10 on the WiFi noise issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back