Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #857 of 3,742
MD5    7e4f830d853d2815324e7e49ee93e0cb

Updated mine manually without any problems. You do not need to unzip the downloaded file. Just dump it direct to the root of sd card.

Volume adjustment from lock screen is now in correct steps of 1
The 30:00 song start bug is still present.
File info displays now fully in English.

Thanks! Really appreciate it.
I know I don't need to unzip but last time I failed updating 1.2, I tried to unzip and turned out there was double .ogg file in the Ringtone folder, which I could not find but present when unzipping.
I'll update 1.5 once I get home.

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #859 of 3,742
my i5 stops working as soon as I try copying the file to the internal or external memory. I guess I'll have to do it OTA tonight

Can you go into Recovery mode? It is very strange to cause the player to not responding because there is a zip file in the storage.

I have upgraded my i5 via OTA in Hong Kong, and have my colleague to test the manual upgrade route in China, I hope there is nothing serious with your player.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #860 of 3,742
Can you go into Recovery mode? It is very strange to cause the player to not responding because there is a zip file in the storage.

I have upgraded my i5 via OTA in Hong Kong, and have my colleague to test the manual upgrade route in China, I hope there is nothing serious with your player.

I finally got the file on the internal storage but when I try launching it I also get an error saying: E: Footer is wrong, Signal verification failed. Installation aborted

Aug 3, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #864 of 3,742
I finally got the file on the internal storage but when I try launching it I also get an error saying: E: Footer is wrong, Signal verification failed. Installation aborted

What?
The MD5 matches but I always get this error. Now this is a serious problem. If this is the problem of the unit itself, I'm done for.

Can you please check the file size of the installation package?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 3, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #868 of 3,742
Done a factory wipe and the default player is now normal and starts from 00:00

My direct file transfer problem from OSX to player seemed also resolved now. Can see the storage :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back