Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 3, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #886 of 3,742
That is indeed strange because once the installation package is downloaded completely, the firmware upgrade should be straight forwards, your i5 is the only machine that cannot complete the upgrade process so far.

To crosschecked, the installation package should be 215MB or 220,979KB.

The file seems to be right, which means the problem is in my unit. Can't you ask your engineers why I keep getting the error "E: failed verifying whole-file signature"? It seems to be common android problem when installing custom ROM.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #887 of 3,742
Hi everybody, 

I'm considering buying this DAP from Aliexpress, and sorry if I missed that, but does latest international firmware have Google? If not how can I install it? Thanks!

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #890 of 3,742
  That's the difference: The international version has GooglePlay. The Chinese version not.

Thanks, Bart, and if my DAP version happens to be Chinese, can I just install the international one by downloading the firmware package from the Caiyn site or elsewhere?

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #895 of 3,742
Hi everybody, 

I'm considering buying this DAP from Aliexpress, and sorry if I missed that, but does latest international firmware have Google? If not how can I install it? Thanks!

No, it's possible to change from China ver to international.
Only downgrading is impossible.

That's correct, the hardware are identical, and you can install international version firmware to replace the domestic version firmware.

According to the Android rule, you can always upgrade your firmware, or overwrite by another firmware of the same version, but you cannot downgrade your firmware to a lower version.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #896 of 3,742
The Cayin team will attend the Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show 2016, this is one of the biggest audiophile event in Asia every year, it is our honor to meet with fellow Cayin users and audiophiles in Hong Kong.

The event will last from 5th to 7th August 2016, and the personal Hi-Fi products lineup will take the spotlight of Cayin's display booth,

The show starts at 10am in the morning and last till 8pm in the evening, very long hours when compare to audio visual shows in US or Europe. I shall attend the booth most of the time, so probably will disappear from forum for a few days.

For those who are interested in the show, please check out the Show Guide for more information.
http://www.audiotechnique.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016showguide.pdf

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #897 of 3,742
OTA still doesn't work for me. Always says "Server busy". I will do the manual upgarde at home tonight.

Btw: Since I use the i5 I never had to use any EQ. With my A17 I was always switching back and forth depending
on the song/genre. The i5 plays anything very well without the urge to play with EQ settings. Sweet!

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #899 of 3,742
That's correct, the hardware are identical, and you can install international version firmware to replace the domestic version firmware.

According to the Android rule, you can always upgrade your firmware, or overwrite by another firmware of the same version, but you cannot downgrade your firmware to a lower version.

Thank you for your reply, Andy, that's a relief to hear it ) Also could you please clear up the WIFI bit for me, as I read earlier in the discussion that before supplying i5 to Europe you need to obtain WIFI certificates or somethin like that. Will the Chinese version work not in China wifi wise? Thank you.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #900 of 3,742
Maybe I am too stupid but my unit does not get into recovery mode when I press on/off and skip back button at the same time.
Unit will just ask whether I want to power off or restart the unit.

Via OTA still "server busy" whenever I try to update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back