Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #826 of 3,742
Cayin i5 seem to finaly be avaible in europe  for now in audiogarden france But this shop wont sell you 1 Cayin i5 they sell you minium 10 
they dont do that with the others mp3 players only this one, I contacted Audiogarden regarding this they have not replied yet
why do they have a limit of 10 mp3 players units instead of letting you buy one

Just talked to Haja of Audio Garden, he noticed the bug now and is fixing the problem as we speak, hopefully it should alright in matters of minutes.:beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 31, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #827 of 3,742
Hi all !

I'm Haja, the Owner of Audio Garden and I just received a LOT of mail regarding this matter of 10 pcs i5.

Just to clarify, it's just a bug from the website that I just fixed, so right now you can buy ONE pcs and not a box of TEN (although if you want you could, we do Footbal too :wink: )

Anyway sorry for this ;D

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #828 of 3,742
just joined the club of i5 owners!
Still in box on my desk, will explore tonight after work!

Got a bundle of i5 with new Final Audio F4100 --> amazing pairing at this price point! 

P.S.: Hm, just opened the box and found quite bad scratches on the back panel. Will head back to the store to see
if I get it replaced.

Mine has some glue and paint issues where they modified the bottom to add the plastic antenna. I think that they remodded the old stock that has been rejected because of the wifi issue.

Andy did mentioned that the new updated i5 was built from scratch, I don't buy this statement !

Jul 31, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #830 of 3,742
Mine had some excess glue near the volume knob which I removed with a pin.
Otherwise the unit's condition was perfect.

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #832 of 3,742
In view of a typhoon attack, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Zhuhai will expect a complete stand down on public transportation on 2 August 2016. Cayin has informed their staff NOT to report duty tomorrow.

As a result of the unexpected instance, the release of i5 v1.5 international firmware will delay till 3 August 2016. We shall keep everyone informed when we have latest development. Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/tc1.htm

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #834 of 3,742
...looks like I picked the wrong time to visit Hong Kong. This is gonna be fun. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #835 of 3,742
Aug 1, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #836 of 3,742
Did more testing the background noise occurs at the beginning when streaming Tidal music and when the WiFi is in use (downloading or unloading will create some background noise) but the randomly pause like loading for about half a second is still happening when streaming Tidal music. Hope the new firmware fixes those problems.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #838 of 3,742
...looks like I picked the wrong time to visit Hong Kong. This is gonna be fun. 

You are at Hong Kong right now? We'll start our biggest annual Audio Visual Show this Friday, this is indeed the best time to visit Hong Kong. Well, audiophile will agree with me, but not necessarily the wife of audiophile. :D

Don't worry, typhoon comes and go, the city is resuming as I type, have fun.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #839 of 3,742
Did more testing the background noise occurs at the beginning when streaming Tidal music and when the WiFi is in use (downloading or unloading will create some background noise) but the randomly pause like loading for about half a second is still happening when streaming Tidal music. Hope the new firmware fixes those problems.

I hope the noise you mentioned is not going to be an significant issue to your online music experience. We shall look at the "listening while downloading" issue again when we revisit the WiFi interference problem but from our experience, this is unlikely something that can be resolved at firmware level. Most of the Wifi related tweaks are hardware related, we can adjust the gain and capacity of WiFi signal through firmware, but that will affect the stability and strength of WiFi connection at the same time.

But to be honest, if you set off to LOOK FOR it, you probably will find WiFi interference somewhere, somehow. This is not something we can eliminated completely, we can try our best to make it non-interrupting and allow users to enjoy their online music. This is similar to the background hissing problem, when someone is making special effort to look for background hissing, especially when they deliberately select the most sensitive IEM in their collection to do that, they will probably ruin their own listening experience because the issue will suddenly become more influential once they trained themselves to detect background hissing effectively.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #840 of 3,742
I hope the noise you mentioned is not going to be an significant issue to your online music experience. We shall look at the "listening while downloading" issue again when we revisit the WiFi interference problem but from our experience, this is unlikely something that can be resolved at firmware level. Most of the Wifi related tweaks are hardware related, we can adjust the gain and capacity of WiFi signal through firmware, but that will affect the stability and strength of WiFi connection at the same time.

But to be honest, if you set off to LOOK FOR it, you probably will find WiFi interference somewhere, somehow. This is not something we can eliminated completely, we can try our best to make it non-interrupting and allow users to enjoy their online music. This is similar to the background hissing problem, when someone is making special effort to look for background hissing, especially when they deliberately select the most sensitive IEM in their collection to do that, they will probably ruin their own listening experience because the issue will suddenly become more influential once they trained themselves to detect background hissing effectively.

I like to lower the volume of my music when I in a quite environment and anything below 20 volume with my k10u I can hear the noise when streaming music kind of annoying.

But I find a solution that is not to use my noble k10u when streaming music, all my other iems Layla, 846 and k3003 are fine with no noise when streaming music.

I still hope you can find a fix for it. For example my lg v10 phone using 4g network or wifi is able to stream music without noise on my k10u.

Maybe you can give an option in the player to adjust the gain and capacity of wifi signal for us to try if it fix the noise problem in the next firmware update.

Still the Cayin i5 is a excellent player in the price range that run android and most importantly support streaming music, to me its better than the Fiio X7 and about equal to the Onkyo DP-X1 both also run android and support streaming music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back