Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 20, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #692 of 3,742
Well, lets's check this out:

Spotify:

By the way, one of the most popular music player just announced its Android version, I have a test run on that immediately:

I didn't know the Volume control page can overlap on the playback screen like this, cool!

@omastic 

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #694 of 3,742
Good for you

looking for a dap @kimD 
wink_face.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #696 of 3,742
  Thanks a bunch! @audio123

Yes I did and for whatever reason the search results were not useful. Whats the harm in asking a relevant question for the second time any way?

sure no problem!

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #698 of 3,742
Because the answer to the question is there already. Typing "Spotify" in the search bar would have answered it right away.
i second that. I use the search spotify to find that post by andy

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #701 of 3,742
Just tested gapless. Plays damn fine well, while manually changing/pausing track has a bit of delay, it doesn't seem so with gapless.

As for file limit, can't say. I only have 1195 files.

Thanks. Gapless is important for me as I have lots of live-albums.
File limit we will see. So far nobody has mentione dit. But a lot of Chiense DAPs had the problem of a 5,800 file limit (at least
for library view) as they all got their basic firmware from the same obscure source.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #702 of 3,742
Thanks. Gapless is important for me as I have lots of live-albums.
File limit we will see. So far nobody has mentione dit. But a lot of Chiense DAPs had the problem of a 5,800 file limit (at least
for library view) as they all got their basic firmware from the same obscure source.

Sorry, I have missed your question in the first round.

The i5 does not has a predefined file limit, we adopted the file management service form Android and use them as-is, unless Android 4.4 has a file limit hidden somewhere that we are not aware of, we probably can have peace of mind on this issue with i5.

In addition, Cayin N5 and N6 used to have that 5800 file limit you mentioned, but we have extended the limit to 15,000 files about half a year ago, so even the non-Android DAP from Cayin are free from the 5800 file limited already.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 20, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #703 of 3,742
If you have a player with China firmware and care about Google Play, DO NOT UPDATE or you will LOSE Google Play. I am not sure if it is removed in 1.1 or 1.2. I went straight to 1.2 and PFFT gone. A workaround exists; Amazon App Store works just fine when sideloaded and installed via ES File Explorer Manager. Tidal, Pandora and Spotify are all there, and all work. For those with Amazon accounts it seems to be a much less resource intensive way to get access to streaming apps. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #704 of 3,742
Sorry, I have missed your question in the first round.

The i5 does not has a predefined file limit, we adopted the file management service form Android and use them as-is, unless Android 4.4 has a file limit hidden somewhere that we are not aware of, we probably can have peace of mind on this issue with i5.

That's great.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #705 of 3,742
If you have a player with China firmware and care about Google Play, DO NOT UPDATE or you will LOSE Google Play. I am not sure if it is removed in 1.1 or 1.2. I went straight to 1.2 and PFFT gone. A workaround exists; Amazon App Store works just fine when sideloaded and installed via ES File Explorer Manager. Tidal, Pandora and Spotify are all there, and all work. For those with Amazon accounts it seems to be a much less resource intensive way to get access to streaming apps. 

Andy has warned us, actually.
Which is why I'm still keeping the stock firmware.

It does come with issues though. My player has crashed 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back