Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Jul 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #676 of 3,742
Can the i5 easily connect to the Mojo? Some sales man said its not easy.

I haven't gotten it to work yet either. The i5 is saying the coax is connected (sign lights up when using the correct pole cable) but the Mojo isn't receiving anything.

Is there a shortcut to see the file properties or does one always needs to click the 3 dots in the top right corner, followed by the properties button?
Also, Andy, in that properties menu several titles are still in Chinese, not in English.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #677 of 3,742

Cayin is coming out with the usb c to coaxial cable.
At this moment the firmware still does not support the player to be used as transport.

That makes sense, I was going crazy trying all the cables over and over again 
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #678 of 3,742
Cayin is coming out with the usb c to coaxial cable.

At this moment the firmware still does not support the player to be used as transport.
My goal with the i5 is i5/Music Player app/EQ/Mojo/iem

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #679 of 3,742
  I was at AV One in the earlier afternoon and managed to test the player from my SD card as well as Tidal from their downloaded app.
My wallet was not that lucky though as I bought it right away as I loved the sound.
biggrin.gif

@goldendarko here you go

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #680 of 3,742
That makes sense, I was going crazy trying all the cables over and over again :D :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Sorry, my fault, I was compiling an i5 product information sheet for the reviewer but was detoured to other issues, will get back to you as soon as I get that completed.

The USB digital output should, according to the development team, be available by next firmware upgrade schedule on 25th July 2016. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 18, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #682 of 3,742
next firmware upgrade schedule on 25th July 2016. 

Hope it includes sorting by album artist and proper gapless for all format (or at least FLAC).
No proper gapless is a dealbreaker!

ohm and something to clarify: Does the i5 also have this mysterious 5,800 file limit for library view like some other players?

Very much looking forward still to try the i5 next week.

Jul 18, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #683 of 3,742
Hope it includes sorting by album artist and proper gapless for all format (or at least FLAC).
No proper gapless is a dealbreaker!

ohm and something to clarify: Does the i5 also have this mysterious 5,800 file limit for library view like some other players?

Very much looking forward still to try the i5 next week.
im still torn if to get i5 as i have n5 :neutral_face:

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #685 of 3,742
Finally.

I just landed yesterday so still kinda tired to make detailed impressions, but they sound freaking nice as hoped.

UI also smoother than demo unit, albeit there's still lag here and there but for basic operation, they're okay.

Leather case is kinda too thick imo but feels nice.

Standby mode is nice. Plugged it off the charger at 0528AM, at 0756AM still 100% so I think I don't need to turn it off. Really nice.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #687 of 3,742
I just landed yesterday so still kinda tired to make detailed impressions, but they sound freaking nice as hoped.

UI also smoother than demo unit, albeit there's still lag here and there but for basic operation, they're okay.

Standby mode is nice. Plugged it off the charger at 0528AM, at 0756AM still 100% so I think I don't need to turn it off. Really nice.

Sounds promising. How is gapless and is there any file limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back