1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
Next

Last
  1. karloil

it's good of you to allow your users to play around with their firmware. I did revert back to stock firmware with no issues.

2. frost15
    TRUE!

3. BrianD19
    What version of Android is the i5 commonly using as of now? Mine is new and shows up as v4.4. Tidal inform me their software needs Android v4.4 4 or higher.

4. karloil

Yup, the i5's currently using 4.4

5. WindowsX
    Since someone asked me to fix Play Store so I did.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8eh2a8ty8xsxc89/i5-Update-2.2-WindowsX-Public.zip

Now it won't use ART Runtime so Play Store should work fine now. I'll fix Play Store with ART runtime later when I have device to test with.

Regards,
    Keetakawee

pr0b3r likes this.
  6. pr0b3r

That's was fast, man!  I'll be testing it right away.  Downloading now.  Thanks!

7. nmatheis Contributor

Cool, let us know what you think!

8. pr0b3r

tmp_31047-IMG_20170326_0009271683077856.jpg

Playstore working fine now. I'll try Spotify tomorrow. ROM still snappy and I feel like the boot up was faster.

9. Farsh
    Hi , please put your firmware the root access , surely you have this version . I want to try to run Poweramp ver3 703 , directly to the DAC .

10. WindowsX

I did have that version but that's for advanced ROM now for customers in Thailand which isn't free. I've sent you PM in case you're interested.

Regards,
    Keetakawee

11. BrianD19
    I've had the i5 just over 2 weeks now. Whenever I connect the i5 to my Windows 7 laptop I've been getting a popup indicating a failed device driver installation in relation to MTP. I haven't been bothered, mainly because I don't know what MTP is and because I've had no issues transferring files from my PC to the i5.

Today I updated the firmware in the i5 to 2.2, thinking that as a side benefit this irritating popup would go away and this MTP would start to work. Well, I see the firmware update has added an option to the "Connect mode" section for "MTP mode" but I'm still getting the failure and the popup.

When I connect the i5 to my laptop, the first popup says, "Installing device driver software" then after I select "Turn on USB storage" on the i5 screen I get another popup informing me the "Device driver software was not successfully installed". Drilling into this tells me "MTP USB Device X Failed".

What is going on and is it a problem that the MTP device driver won't install? 

Thanks again

Brian

12. Joe Bloggs Contributor

MTP stands for Media Transfer Protocol and allows you to transfer files to and from your i5 without mounting the i5 storage drives as USB drives on your computer (causing the i5 to temporarily lose access to them in the process). On the other hand you seeing the "Turn on USB storage" screen would seem to indicate that you've still got USB storage rather than MTP mode selected. When you turn on USB storage, the i5 would cease presenting the MTP device to the computer, just as though you'd unplugged it. That explains the "Failed" popup.

13. nmatheis Contributor
    Was just listening to i5 + TY Hi-Z 400ohm earbuds last night before bed. If there are any earbud lovers out there, give it a try. Sweet combo!

I might try flashing the alternative fw in the next couple days and report back on how I find it...

14. BrianD19
    In the last day I've had a problem where the volume control stops working. Just does nothing at all. I'm listening to a song and turn the volume control and nothing happens. 4 times now in the last day. Anybody else see this behaviour?

15. professor55
    Andy Kong, or anyone else who has seen this problem, I think I narrowed it down to hi-res files being the issue. When the player goes from MP3 files to hi-res(FLAC) the volume lowers about 15 volume units. When I go to the eq fine tune screen, the volume jumps to normal. This happens every time I play a hi-res file. I bought a new unit that is arriving today, so I'll report back when I see if the new unit does the same thing. I'll also be doing some A-B listening as this unit has over 200 hours on it, so burn in can be tested.
    By the lack of response to this problem, it seems I'm the only one who is having this issue, which, in the end, is a good sign. Thanks for all of your previous and future responses.

First

Back
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
Next

Last