1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
Next

Last
  1. BrianD19

I've used mine daily for the last 2 weeks and have not seen that happen to mine. It's been flawless other than the Tidal issue.

2. BrianD19
    Tidal Update.

I've had some fast responses from Tidal, which is good.

The suggestion from Tidal support is :

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

I'm not able to understand why this might help but I will see if I can make the change in my router this evening. I don't believe it is possible for me to do this in the i5 directly.

3. karloil
    @WindowsX

I'm also using your ROM - i already did the following:
    - wipe cache partition
    - wipe/data/factory reset
    - factory reset within android OS

and i still get the following errors stating the following has stopped:
    - Google Backup Transport
    - Google Services Framework

Will you be able to fix this in your free ROM?

4. pr0b3r

Same errors I'm getting.  Though I don't really use wifi and streaming that much, it would be nice if those errors don't pop up randomly while navigating around the device.

5. karloil

i'm also not using any wireless connectivity - i immediately get those upon boot-up - yes it would be nice if these errors can be addressed - but since this is the free version, we can only say "please" [​IMG]

i like the ROM, you can see the subtle speed improvements.

6. pr0b3r

I also told him that.  We can't demand too much since it's a free public ROM only.  He mentioned something about the old Kitkat might have something to do with the error.  I agree.  Because I tried to sideload some google apps and they wouldn't install at all.

But like what I initially said, speed improvements were obvious if you got used to the slower stock fw.

7. karloil

yep, agreed. hopefully he gets it fixed and i'll stick with his ROM or even buy it [​IMG]

8. WindowsX

I suspect ART Runtime may cause this. I think it can be solved with updated Google Play Store files but I don't have time to test on free ROM yet. It works in past version but not sure about the changes in 2.2. Maybe I'll look into it later after servicing DX200/Calyx M customers. I'm currently uploading another ROM for customers as we speak here.

But if you purchase for advanced ROM and become customer, of course I'll fix this for you right away. Servicing customers is top priority so maintaining other free ROMs is in lower priority right now. I hope you understand. :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

9. karloil

Thank you and really hope you can fix the free ROM as well. at the same time, please PM me more details including fee for the advanced ROM.

10. Andykong
    My only concern is whether there is any procedure to recover the i5 to factory firmware when needed. For the record, Cayin and our distributor/dealer reserve the right to not accepting any warranty request on Cayin i5 when third party firmware is installed. In fact we have make it clear that if you have rooted your i5, you need to undo the rooting before you submit the i5 for warranty, and third party firmware will fall into same category of service, dealers at front-end are not equipped with equipment or procedure to overwrite the third party firmware with the factory firmware, and they can't be sure whether the problem is related to a firmware issue.

Other then the warranty/repair service issue, I am excited to see all these discussion on third party firmware customized for i5, this will certainly enhance the interest of Cayin i5. Please feel free to share your experience and impression of other third party firmware here. This is a "user" forum, and priority should be give to user's perspective in all account.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    davidcotton and frost15 like this.
  11. Takeanidea

I will be there later on this morning so I shall be sure to thank him for you Andy
    regards
    Trev

12. BartSimpson1976
    any estimates for the next official FW to address:

- alphabetical sorting
    - reading year and genre tags
    - replay gain
    - album artist vuew
    - list view of albums and (album) artists
    - deep sleep mode
    - reading lyrics from tags instead lrc-files

not sure if the startup time can be improved by FW

13. WindowsX

Sure. I sent PM about Cayin i5 mod to you now.

Regards,
    Keetakawee

14. frost15
    And I would add - release year+artist+ascending or descending sorting (as in Itunes)

15. BartSimpson1976
    oh, and I forgot display of sample rate, bit depth and audio format on the play screen. Just as the original HiBy app

frost15 likes this.
First

Back
192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
Next

Last