Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 22, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #151 of 8,192
After seeing video making me want this more than dx220

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #152 of 8,192
I must say some of you have very sharp eyes, we know someone will spot the hidden feature sooner or later, but on the first day and within several hours we publish the photo from SIAV show? That's amazing.

N6ii (aka N6 MK2) is our first modular based portable player, and we have adopted a very innovative approach to our modular concept. Our Audio Motherboard consists of DAC and analogue amplification circuit, so when you change the module, you basically change the complete audio circuit completely, that's why we called it Audio Motherboard. The first Audio Motherboard that bundled with N6ii is A01, a fully balanced audio circuit designed around the AK4497 DAC, and it comes with 3.5mm phone out, 3.5mm line out (dedicated), 4.4mm phone out and line out (shared)

If you can't see the video, click HERE.​

Wow.... Tease us the next module DAC/AmP than A01....

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #153 of 8,192
Apr 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #154 of 8,192
Extremely interested in this as a possible upgrade from my N5ii. Hopefully it falls somewhere around $800 to compete with the R6 Pro.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #155 of 8,192
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #156 of 8,192
I would really buy one even if the price is equal to M11 which I really doubt it.
I have Cayin N5ii and if Cayin N6ii price is as same as Cayin N5ii, I will definitely move to Cayin N6ii for truely sure.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #158 of 8,192
I have Cayin N5ii and if Cayin N6ii price is as same as Cayin N5ii, I will definitely move to Cayin N6ii for truely sure.
That's impossible

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #159 of 8,192
More updates, basically I post whatever I can translated/compile during my vacation. :beerchug:

N6ii Product Highlight.jpg

Note:
  1. Bluetooth: SBC and LDAC (Receiver mode) will be added through subsequent firmware update
  2. Direct Transport Audio (DTA) bypass Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) of Android system completed, all music playback (local and streaming) from all applications will be directed to DSP and DAC directly without resampling.
  3. I2S digital out is implemented through HDMI Type C (aka Mini HDMI) connector, when connected to an I2S equipped DAC, N6ii can output PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256
  4. When operated as USB Audio Out (USB Digital Transport), N6ii can output PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256 in Native, DoP and D2P mode
  5. When operated as USB Audio In (USB DAC), N6ii can decode decode PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256 in Native and DoP mode
  6. Cayin has embedded the S/PDIF bitstream into the SBU pins (Sideband use) of USB Type C connector, with appropriate coaxial digital cable, N6ii can output PCM upto 24Bit/384kHz and 64/128 in DoP mode
N6ii Digital Interface.jpg
N6ii Analogue Output.jpg

Additional Information about A01 Audio Motherboard

The A01 Motherboard is designed around the AKM flagship AK4497EQ DAC chipset. To make sure the premium DAC chipsets will operate in optimum condition, we have employed THREE extremely low-noise high-precision Femtosecond Crystal Oscillators (45.1584MHz, 49.152MHz, 100MHz). High precision low jitter digital transmission is the base of high quality digital playback. It is how we deliver a natural, non-digital and musical playback to subsequent audio circuit.

It is fully optimized for fully differential amplification, and the final headphone output stage employs 4 pieced of OPA1622 in parallel amplification configuration. This will increase the output current capability and lower the output impedance. In practical, these improvements will translate into better control, ability to sustain a heavier loading, and drive most portable headphones with ease and offers lots of headroom.

N6ii A01 Module-01 FB.jpg
N6ii A01 Module-02 FB.jpg

MORE updates tomorrow, make sure you come back, something very IMPORTANT will be available tomorrow noon (GMT +8) :beerchug:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #161 of 8,192
@Andykong Thank you for working during your vacation and catering to our curiosity. To add to it .. output impedance of the 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm SE would be much appreciated.
Also perhaps you meant to say AK4497EQ?

EDIT: May i also take this opportunity to ask when this would be available in brick & mortar shops in south east asia?

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #162 of 8,192
@Andykong Thank you for working during your vacation and catering to our curiosity. To add to it .. output impedance of the 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm SE would be much appreciated.
Also perhaps you meant to say AK4497EQ?

EDIT: May i also take this opportunity to ask when this would be available in brick & mortar shops in south east asia?

Thanks, I stand corrected now. :beerchug:

I can't find any Personal Audio Show or exhibition in South East Asia in next two month, not that our current dealers has mentioned so far. I'll check this again when I resume duty, that will be 1 May.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 23, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #165 of 8,192
More updates, basically I post whatever I can translated/compile during my vacation. :beerchug:

Note:
  1. Bluetooth: SBC and LDAC (Receiver mode) will be added through subsequent firmware update
  2. Direct Transport Audio (DTA) bypass Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) of Android system completed, all music playback (local and streaming) from all applications will be directed to DSP and DAC directly without resampling.
  3. I2S digital out is implemented through HDMI Type C (aka Mini HDMI) connector, when connected to an I2S equipped DAC, N6ii can output PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256
  4. When operated as USB Audio Out (USB Digital Transport), N6ii can output PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256 in Native, DoP and D2P mode
  5. When operated as USB Audio In (USB DAC), N6ii can decode decode PCM upto 32Bit/384kHz and DSD64/128/256 in Native and DoP mode
  6. Cayin has embedded the S/PDIF bitstream into the SBU pins (Sideband use) of USB Type C connector, with appropriate coaxial digital cable, N6ii can output PCM upto 24Bit/384kHz and 64/128 in DoP mode

Additional Information about A01 Audio Motherboard

The A01 Motherboard is designed around the AKM flagship AK4497EQ DAC chipset. To make sure the premium DAC chipsets will operate in optimum condition, we have employed THREE extremely low-noise high-precision Femtosecond Crystal Oscillators (45.1584MHz, 49.152MHz, 100MHz). High precision low jitter digital transmission is the base of high quality digital playback. It is how we deliver a natural, non-digital and musical playback to subsequent audio circuit.

It is fully optimized for fully differential amplification, and the final headphone output stage employs 4 pieced of OPA1622 in parallel amplification configuration. This will increase the output current capability and lower the output impedance. In practical, these improvements will translate into better control, ability to sustain a heavier loading, and drive most portable headphones with ease and offers lots of headroom.

MORE updates tomorrow, make sure you come back, something very IMPORTANT will be available tomorrow noon (GMT +8) :beerchug:
Ah, I can see why the N6ii was so snappy, it uses the same snapdragon 425 as the HiBy R6 and R6 Pro.

Hopefully the pricing isn't above 1k :no_mouth:

Will there be an option to buy it with other modules installed instead of the stock A01 if we want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back