Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #121 of 8,191
I am hoping for that price. I'll bet it's probably close to $899 - $1200

Don't give them ideas! :grimacing::money_mouth:
(orig n6 was ~650?, n5iis is $500ish?... seems like DX220, X7ii would be the natural competition above the N5ii- then again I've no idea what the features or specs are so :confounded:.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #122 of 8,191
Don't give them ideas! :grimacing::money_mouth:
(orig n6 was ~650?, n5iis is $500ish?... seems like DX220, X7ii would be the natural competition above the N5ii- then again I've no idea what the features or specs are so :confounded:.
Cayin would be stupid to ask an absurd amount of money( over 650) for this player. They would hit the mid market with the price I posted and have plenty of sales. This is not there top tier player and the price should reflect that. If we hype it they might try it. I personally will not buy it if it's over 650 which is over what it should be.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #123 of 8,191
Yes, I don't want to use 3rd party app like Neutron.

Neutron might be a good choice actually- Cayin said they are not including a Music Only mode and it operates like regular Android. Neutron has the option to open when pressing the power button (at least while music is playing- for instance on my phone Neutron will open without having to go through the lock screen as long as it is in use), which could help it feel closer to a music-only DAP.

Though maybe Cayin's and other playback apps already have this feature too- or launch gestures, button presses could do the same thing? I am not very Android literate.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #125 of 8,191
Apr 21, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #128 of 8,191
899- 1200$ will be acceptable. Modern dap market gone mad with its cosmic prices. So crazy. We only want a device for music playback, not a spaceship.
That's a pretty big range you got there.

Personally I would not go over $1000 so whether I can even consider this or not will depend on how they price it.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #129 of 8,191
If the price is lesser than FiiO M11, the sell will be dramastically increase and everyone will buy Cain N6ii for really truely deeply sure. :D

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #130 of 8,191
If the price is lesser than FiiO M11, the sell will be dramastically increase and everyone will buy Cain N6ii for really truely deeply sure. :D
I would really buy one even if the price is equal to M11 which I really doubt it.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #131 of 8,191
That would be wishful thinking. :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #132 of 8,191
I must say some of you have very sharp eyes, we know someone will spot the hidden feature sooner or later, but on the first day and within several hours we publish the photo from SIAV show? That's amazing.

N6ii (aka N6 MK2) is our first modular based portable player, and we have adopted a very innovative approach to our modular concept. Our Audio Motherboard consists of DAC and analogue amplification circuit, so when you change the module, you basically change the complete audio circuit completely, that's why we called it Audio Motherboard. The first Audio Motherboard that bundled with N6ii is A01, a fully balanced audio circuit designed around the AK4497 DAC, and it comes with 3.5mm phone out, 3.5mm line out (dedicated), 4.4mm phone out and line out (shared)

If you can't see the video, click HERE.​

N6ii Module Poster 20190422.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 22, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #133 of 8,191
I must say some of you have very sharp eyes, we know someone will spot the hidden feature sooner or later, but on the first day and within several hours we publish the photo from SIAV show? That's amazing.

N6ii (aka N6 MK2) is our first modular based portable player, and we have adopted a very innovative approach to our modular concept. Our Audio Motherboard consists of DAC and analogue amplification circuit, so when you change the module, you basically change the complete audio circuit completely, that's why we called it Audio Motherboard. The first Audio Motherboard that bundled with N6ii is A01, a fully balanced audio circuit designed around the AK4497 DAC, and it comes with 3.5mm phone out, 3.5mm line out (dedicated), 4.4mm phone out and line out (shared)

OMG I love this! :flushed::smiley:

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #135 of 8,191

If you can't see the video, click HERE.​

That is most interesting. So basically you can change the entire sound of the N6ii just by swapping the modules.

This does raise a big question about the cost of the modules though. A whole Dac (or two) along with an entire audio circuit sounds expensive.

But if it can overhaul the sound of the entire N6ii. Its sure to be a heck of a better deal than buying another dap of the same price class after a year or two.

Question is, how long will the N6ii continuously be supported, how many modules will be released throughout its lifetime and how well the hardware of the N6ii holds up over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back