Cavalli Audio - Liquid Lightning
Aug 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #121 of 209
Alex can feel free to correct me, but this is the stats as I know them:

Inputs: One XLR, one RCA
Outputs: Two Stax Pro Jacks (5 pin)
Rails: 400V=1600V p2p
Bias: One 580V standard Stax Pro, the other can be customized to accomodate Senns or what have you
Dimensions from avguide seem correct but I've never measured.  Inches to centimeter calculators are freely available online.
Also, 23 Lbs is the shipping weight.  Actual weight felt closer to 15 pounds though I never weighed it.
Yes to the CE Cert from what I remember in the user manual

I imagine Alex can and will clear up everything else but wanted to save him some of the trouble.

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #122 of 209
Thanks Radio_head. I am just swamped getting ready to go to LA.

The website was supposed to have been updated by my web folks, but alas...I should have checked. AVGuide is correct.

Dimensions and weight are correct. One RCA, one XLR, switchable on the rear. The second Stax jack can be configured with jumpers in the PS to 580V, 540V, 500V. The last two are Senn voltages, but the headphones have to be terminated into a stax configuration,

The amp is CE certified by a certification lab where it is tested for the relevant emissions, safety, etc. for both CE and FCC.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #123 of 209
Quote:

Please do try to compare them with the Liquid Lightning before selling, and tell us about your observations.

I will do that - to be fair it is not a long job to link up the two Stax amplifiers and listen through them and the LL.

I cannot do that on a swiched basis as my amplifier configuration has just one "pre-out" - but it is a simple replugging of mains and RCAs - my amplifier as configured doesn't have XLR outputs.

I can't give you a time commitment but I will do it as soon as I can.

I'm enjoying music through some simply wonderful loudspeakers at the moment so that is a (nice) distraction.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #129 of 209
Quote:
Guess what just came through the mail

Mail-order bride? 
biggrin.gif

Not my fault you told me to guess.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #131 of 209
damn right. She's sleek, tanned, blue-eyed, with classy ink on the front.

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #132 of 209
Btw what power cables would y'all recommend?

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #133 of 209
Quote:
Btw what power cables would y'all recommend?

Shunyata Venom 3 power cables are pretty good value and have received positive impressions here in Headfi.

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #134 of 209
Quote:

Shunyata Venom 3 power cables are pretty good value and have received positive impressions here in Headfi.

not to derail too far from the purpose of this thread. but i'll defintely check those out. what about the dynamic NEO or cardas twinlink? 

also, wow this amp runs hot doesn't it.  i'm not sure if it's because I requested it to run on 220V instead of 240V.

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #135 of 209
No it just runs hot. Nothing to worry about though. As long as you don't go frying eggs on it.

Quote:

not to derail too far from the purpose of this thread. but i'll defintely check those out. what about the dynamic NEO or cardas twinlink? 

also, wow this amp runs hot doesn't it.  i'm not sure if it's because I requested it to run on 220V instead of 240V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back