Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Nov 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #392 of 2,306
Show of hands please who'd getting the LC-3's  in days?  I know Silly Sally and Silverlight.  Anyone else?

Nov 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #394 of 2,306

Quote:
The Liquid Fire does everything so well, one might feel obligated to upgrade the rest of there system.
bigsmile_face.gif

Guilty as charged.  Why I have the BADA right now and looking at replacing the SB Touch as transport down the line after my wallet wakes from the dead and the recent round of purchases. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #395 of 2,306
Quote:
Guilty as charged.  Why I have the BADA right now and looking at replacing the SB Touch as transport down the line after my wallet wakes from the dead and the recent round of purchases. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mind if I drop you a PM? I'm looking for impressions on the BADA.  I've already spoken to one other individual, but I'm always looking to hear more opinions.  I'd like to acquire one in the near future, funds permitting.

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #396 of 2,306

Quote:
Quote:

Mind if I drop you a PM? I'm looking for impressions on the BADA.  I've already spoken to one other individual, but I'm always looking to hear more opinions.  I'd like to acquire one in the near future, funds permitting.

Sure...feel free.  I'm running SB Touch->BADA->LF->LCD-2 (either original or r2, depending), to give you a point of reference.  Only other DAC I have a lot of experience with on the LF is the Assemblage 2.7, but I've also had time with a Rega DAC and Weiss DAC 202 on the Stacker II.

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #398 of 2,306

Quote:
I put the wife on high alert for the pending delivery via fedex today, so she will be house bound until she signs for them.
wink_face.gif

Wow, SS--you have an incredible support system: Your wife, your LF, and now your soon-to-arrive LC-3. What more could one ask for? Congratulations!

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #399 of 2,306
Ditto. Told her she is not to leave the house unless it catches fire, and even then, ascertain the severity thereof before egressing.

Quote:
I put the wife on high alert for the pending delivery via fedex today, so she will be house bound until she signs for them.
wink_face.gif

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #400 of 2,306
Awesome.  Looking forward to impressions of the LCD-3 on the LF.  It's like an early Christmas!

My early Christmas was yesterday, but without any presents to sit next to my LF.  Got a PSP game from Japan, a copy of Skyrim for the PC, a blu ray disc, and the rug I ordered for the bedroom.  Still no LCD-3 on my list yet...though with enough good impressions that may change one year.

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #402 of 2,306
.... and now that I've listened to them for a bit (let them run a couple hours first with a burn-in track), they sound very nice.  I want to let them run for a few days round the clock to let them settle in, but can definitely say they are not "bright" but yet very nice transparent detail.  The T1's are fun on the LF of course, but the LCD3's really take it up a big step.  Very excited that they are not edgy or sibilant in any way whatsoever, yet have great HF extension.  The bass is _very_ impactful relative to what I'm used to listening to (stat's).  Definitely keepers!  I'm sure this will improve with some time, but they aren't as open and airy or quite as detailed (including soundstaging/imaging, spacial cues) as the SR-009's.  They do of course have a warmer sound as a result of of greater presence in the lower octaves, and more intimate.  I'm hoping they open up a little more which I'm sure they will (very slight nasally sound to them), but even right now some tracks I'm listening to sound more realistic (right balance of tone/warmth) with the LCD3's, while other recordings sound more "being there" with the 009's.  I've got a quad of nice NOS Amperex tubes I'll drop into the LF once the LCD3's have broken in so I can have a more objective sense of the change in sound.  Last note on the 3's, I find them FAR more comfortable than the LCD2 R1's I had (for a day).  Sound aside, the 2's were too heavy and didn't fit my head right and gave me headaches within a 1/2 hr.  These feel lighter (have no idea if it's the weight/distribution, or the much softer ear pads), although I wish the headband were angled slightly more forward as all the weight on the top impacts a very small point on my head and so have to move it around periodically.  All in all, pretty darn impressive combination!

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #403 of 2,306
Same as my feelings of the LCD3 against the 009. Audeze still has some work to do to meet the 009's transparency, but overall I am very satisfied with the LCD3 with the great bass it produces. I don't have the LF but am using the Leben with Amperex 1950's NOS long plate D-getter 12AX7s and Mullard 1950's EL84s for the LCD3. Simply sublime. Now it is difficult splitting time between the 009 and the LCD3.

I intended to use the LCD3 at office but after hearing it on my home rig I could no longer bring it to the office to use with my portable rig, like I did with my LCD2. The difference in source is so much more significant to the LCD3 than the LCD2, to the point that IMO my office rig can no longer drive the LCD3 to half of its potential IMO. I am now considering getting the Liquid Fire as amp and Antelope Zodiac Gold (with Voltikus power supply) as source for my office to do the LCD3 any justice.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #404 of 2,306
Guess I won't be going my planned route of Rev. 2 + T1. LCD 3 here I come.

Quote:
.... and now that I've listened to them for a bit (let them run a couple hours first with a burn-in track), they sound very nice.  I want to let them run for a few days round the clock to let them settle in, but can definitely say they are not "bright" but yet very nice transparent detail.  The T1's are fun on the LF of course, but the LCD3's really take it up a big step.  Very excited that they are not edgy or sibilant in any way whatsoever, yet have great HF extension.  The bass is _very_ impactful relative to what I'm used to listening to (stat's).  Definitely keepers!  I'm sure this will improve with some time, but they aren't as open and airy or quite as detailed (including soundstaging/imaging, spacial cues) as the SR-009's.  They do of course have a warmer sound as a result of of greater presence in the lower octaves, and more intimate.  I'm hoping they open up a little more which I'm sure they will (very slight nasally sound to them), but even right now some tracks I'm listening to sound more realistic (right balance of tone/warmth) with the LCD3's, while other recordings sound more "being there" with the 009's.  I've got a quad of nice NOS Amperex tubes I'll drop into the LF once the LCD3's have broken in so I can have a more objective sense of the change in sound.  Last note on the 3's, I find them FAR more comfortable than the LCD2 R1's I had (for a day).  Sound aside, the 2's were too heavy and didn't fit my head right and gave me headaches within a 1/2 hr.  These feel lighter (have no idea if it's the weight/distribution, or the much softer ear pads), although I wish the headband were angled slightly more forward as all the weight on the top impacts a very small point on my head and so have to move it around periodically.  All in all, pretty darn impressive combination!

Stop saying that you're going to give me a heart attack. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Same as my feelings of the LCD3 against the 009. Audeze still has some work to do to meet the 009's transparency, but overall I am very satisfied with the LCD3 with the great bass it produces. I don't have the LF but am using the Leben with Amperex 1950's NOS long plate D-getter 12AX7s and Mullard 1950's EL84s for the LCD3. Simply sublime. Now it is difficult splitting time between the 009 and the LCD3.

I intended to use the LCD3 at office but after hearing it on my home rig I could no longer bring it to the office to use with my portable rig, like I did with my LCD2. The difference in source is so much more significant to the LCD3 than the LCD2, to the point that IMO my office rig can no longer drive the LCD3 to half of its potential IMO. I am now considering getting the Liquid Fire as amp and Antelope Zodiac Gold (with Voltikus power supply) as source for my office to do the LCD3 any justice.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #405 of 2,306
Listening to a live recording of Jeff Beck at Park West in Chicago 2009.  With the Liquid Fire it is just so real.  Huge sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back