Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #406 of 2,306
Out of the box impression, pretty much the same as silverlight. The only two differences are I don't have a problem with the headband, and the LCD-3 using my Liquid Fire and Siemens CCa early 60's matched nos, plus my Realiser through a large, precise 3D like sound stage, about the same as my HE-6's for sound stage.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #408 of 2,306
Looks like i am in agreement with Silverlight's observations on the LCD-3 with the LF and so is SIllySally.

The main problem with the LCD-3 for me is that it is using the asme amount of damping that is there on the LCD_2 which kills it for me IMO.

They really need to put effort into making it fully open...let that damn diaphragm breathe!! It is holding back the LCD_3 from being a truly great headphone IMHO. However some work would be needed for this in order to maintain the same frequency response curve.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #409 of 2,306

Quote:
Listening to a live recording of Jeff Beck at Park West in Chicago 2009.  With the Liquid Fire it is just so real.  Huge sound stage.

Where can I get this recording? I grew up with Jeff Beck. I mean with his music. I used to work for a gigantic record store in Hawaii back in the 70s. It was the Tower Records of Hawaii. His guitar just GROWLS!

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #410 of 2,306

Quote:
Out of the box impression, pretty much the same as silverlight. The only two differences are I don't have a problem with the headband, and the LCD-3 using my Liquid Fire and Siemens CCa early 60's matched nos, plus my Realiser through a large, precise 3D like sound stage, about the same as my HE-6's for sound stage.

Agreed...one of the most welcome benefits of the LCD-3s over the LCD-2s (R1 or R2).

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #411 of 2,306

Quote:

Very happy to report that even with 30 hours of break-in (using the XLO/Reference Recordings burn-in track), and they sound MUCH better :)  will post again in a couple days.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #412 of 2,306
My Liquid Fire arrived today and I hope and believe it's the final piece in my headphone system. I've enjoyed music and the equipment to play it through for many years but circumstance necessitated a headphone system now rather than a speaker system for my personal listening. This phase of the journey started with the purchase of a Woo WA2, PS Audio DLIII and Beyer T1s in February and has changed and morphed into W4S DAC 2, Cavalli Liquid Fire and LCD-2r1 sourced from a Bryston BDP-1 or Oppo BDP-83SE or MacBook Pro.
I feel so fortunate to have been able to put this together.
Having only had the LF for a few hours I can only give an initial impression and it's "WOW". The LF has 120 hours on it according to the accompanying documents. The music comes through with such great authority, definition, openness and attack that I could easily spend hours listening to anything. One of my musical vices is early Genesis and Seconds Out (1976-1977) is one of my all time favourite live albums which I've heard countless times. Just listened to the whole thing and it was simply spectacular with the LF. The LF presented the bass whether from the  guitars or bass pedals  so well defined and powerful, the drums crisp and driving, the myriad of keyboards awing, guitars haunting, Collins vocals fantastic and the whole thing together just a really moving musical experience. 
It didn't take much listening to confirm that the LCD-2 with it's it big full sound is just better suited to me than the T1 with the LF so it'll be sold.
I love this amp already and look forward to going through my mainly rock and blues oriented musical library with some female vocalists, a small bit of jazz and of course some Motown thrown in over the next while.
Nice work Cavalli. Great sounding amp and it looks pretty cool as well.

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #413 of 2,306
Congrats landgreen -- I've actually had a rocky road with my hd800's and the LF, but I am now convinced that the LF is the single best piece of audio gear I've ever owned.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #414 of 2,306

Quote:
My Liquid Fire arrived today and I hope and believe it's the final piece in my headphone system. I've enjoyed music and the equipment to play it through for many years but circumstance necessitated a headphone system now rather than a speaker system for my personal listening. This phase of the journey started with the purchase of a Woo WA2, PS Audio DLIII and Beyer T1s in February and has changed and morphed into W4S DAC 2, Cavalli Liquid Fire and LCD-2r1 sourced from a Bryston BDP-1 or Oppo BDP-83SE or MacBook Pro.
I feel so fortunate to have been able to put this together.
Having only had the LF for a few hours I can only give an initial impression and it's "WOW". The LF has 120 hours on it according to the accompanying documents. The music comes through with such great authority, definition, openness and attack that I could easily spend hours listening to anything. One of my musical vices is early Genesis and Seconds Out (1976-1977) is one of my all time favourite live albums which I've heard countless times. Just listened to the whole thing and it was simply spectacular with the LF. The LF presented the bass whether from the  guitars or bass pedals  so well defined and powerful, the drums crisp and driving, the myriad of keyboards awing, guitars haunting, Collins vocals fantastic and the whole thing together just a really moving musical experience. 
It didn't take much listening to confirm that the LCD-2 with it's it big full sound is just better suited to me than the T1 with the LF so it'll be sold.
I love this amp already and look forward to going through my mainly rock and blues oriented musical library with some female vocalists, a small bit of jazz and of course some Motown thrown in over the next while.
Nice work Cavalli. Great sounding amp and it looks pretty cool as well.

Seconds Out is a great sounding live album.I picked up the first two Genesis box sets a few months ago,they did great work remastering the first box, it comes alive like never before,come to think of it I have yet to listen to either boxset on my headphones

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #418 of 2,306
Well Bryan seemed a little flaky on when the buy button would open up. He made it sound like there was just a run sold and the next would be the one I spoke of. Should be within that window though, none the less.

It's really going to be a tough call whether I want to get my speakers or the down payment on an LF after Christmas...

Quote:
Quote:

May be sooner.  They're building the run right now.  Liquid Lightning is slated for March/April 2012, and they likely won't overlap production of two products, as it's a small outfit.

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #420 of 2,306
i think i remember Robert from Aphrodite Cu29 telling me he was getting a couple from the second run...
makes me think that there are a few out there from the 31-60 batch (or whatever). 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back