Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Jun 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #1,759 of 2,306
Gents, I have started a CA LF thread. This will be more of a sponsor type thread where you can tell CA (me) what you want in Rev 2, where we can discuss some issues like the faint noise in some of the amps, and where I can discuss the amp and why it is the way it is (which I can't do in this thread).
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613825/cavalli-audio-liquid-fire

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #1,760 of 2,306
So I got my LF back today (again Alex, always a pleasure) and while I've only had it back for 30 minutes or so there's no more noise (so far). Using Low Noise JJs (tested for low noise) with dampers at the moment, but I'll be rolling in my Tungsram Reds (and putting the dampers on them) soon. Alex used the new JJs in most of the testing as to not risk damaging my Tungsrams. 

Anyway...I'll report back in a few days again to see if it showed up at all, but I've got faith in Alex. Great service from a great guy once again.

Oh, and just going to rep that new sponsor thread he posted above. He's been really responsive so far, and it sounds like we've got a rev. 2 on the way. :wink:

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #1,763 of 2,306
Other than a lot of scoping and rapping on tubes, nothing. It's a tube issue. He replaced my stock JJs with JJs tested for low noise. He also gave me some tube dampers which help as well. 

Unfortunately I haven't been able to roll in my Tungsrams yet (as I said I would) but I should be able to do it this morning (once I hunt down my screwdriver). The Tungsrams did show the noise so if I get no noise with the dampers on them I think I'll be pretty much closing the case. 

It's been quiet as a church mouse with low noise JJs + dampers. 

EDIT: These are the dampers he picked up. 

Quote:

So what was done to it? Did Alex say?

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,765 of 2,306
No noise issues at all with my LF at all, with both stock JJs and vintage Telefunken CCa's.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #1,766 of 2,306
Another update on the LF. I finally got the chance to roll in the Tungsrams and add the dampers. No noise at all even at max volume. I'll listen more tonight and update once again but it seems like the issue is gone. Plus I just think the dampers look nifty. :D

beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,767 of 2,306
Quote:
Another update on the LF. I finally got the chance to roll in the Tungsrams and add the dampers. No noise at all even at max volume. I'll listen more tonight and update once again but it seems like the issue is gone. Plus I just think the dampers look nifty. :D

beerchug.gif

Pics please
popcorn.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #1,769 of 2,306
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Some red or white dampers could look kind of cool in the LF for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back