Cat-Fi
Nov 12, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #153 of 1,382
"Cats don't lap, they suck: New study reveals how our pets drink their milk without making a mess"​
 ​
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1328790/Cats-dont-lap-suck-New-study-reveals-pets-drink-milk-making-mess.html​
 ​
Not sure about the "without making a mess" bit though.....​
 ​
 ​

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #157 of 1,382
Slight update: the calico kitty ended up named "Mai Tai" and she's thriving. Got her fixed a few weeks back and she continues to grow. Still a complete love. She's well-behaved and very cuddly. The only cat I've had who seems to like everyone. We just passed her around at a family party (people she had never met before) and was just thrilled with the attention. Every other cat I've had has been picky about who they like. Not this one. Mai Tai is a great cat - I can't believe someone dumped her.

One funny thing - Mai Tai was upset with Scotty (the caretaker) I hired while I was on a cruise. Great guy who cares for the neighbor's dogs and works mostly with dogs. Now, Mai Tai does not like dogs, and I'm not sure why. When Scotty came over to meet her, Mai Tai fluffed up and hid under the car - it's because he smelled like a dog. She eventually warmed up to him, though.

And I might have another pretty quick. No photos yet, but in the same alley I found Mai Tai, a little long-haired grey tabby kitten showed up. White chest and socks, too. I brought her in and fed her, then she just clung to me. She has serious lapcat potential. My Dad is taking care of her down there, and we're triying to figure out who should keep her among four family households. I might take her in since everyone else has two cats and I have one. Mai Tai does well with other cats, too, so it wouldn't be a problem.

She will have a home - a cat this nice deserves one.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #158 of 1,382

Quote:
Slight update: the calico kitty ended up named "Mai Tai" and she's thriving. Got her fixed a few weeks back and she continues to grow. Still a complete love. She's well-behaved and very cuddly. The only cat I've had who seems to like everyone. We just passed her around at a family party (people she had never met before) and was just thrilled with the attention. Every other cat I've had has been picky about who they like. Not this one. Mai Tai is a great cat - I can't believe someone dumped her.

One funny thing - Mai Tai was upset with Scotty (the caretaker) I hired while I was on a cruise. Great guy who cares for the neighbor's dogs and works mostly with dogs. Now, Mai Tai does not like dogs, and I'm not sure why. When Scotty came over to meet her, Mai Tai fluffed up and hid under the car - it's because he smelled like a dog. She eventually warmed up to him, though.

And I might have another pretty quick. No photos yet, but in the same alley I found Mai Tai, a little long-haired grey tabby kitten showed up. White chest and socks, too. I brought her in and fed her, then she just clung to me. She has serious lapcat potential. My Dad is taking care of her down there, and we're triying to figure out who should keep her among four family households. I might take her in since everyone else has two cats and I have one. Mai Tai does well with other cats, too, so it wouldn't be a problem.

She will have a home - a cat this nice deserves one.

Wow. So nice of you to take in strays.
I wish I could find one just waiting for me.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #159 of 1,382
Are you in SoCal? I can get you a stray. There are several we're feeding down in Arizona that would like a home. I can't keep them all inside, but we do feed, pet and pay attention to them. We have been getting them fixed, too.

A few are skittish, but others are nice. One that could use a home is a long-haired black female, maybe one year old. She likes being petted and we got her fixed a couple months ago. Same with a short-hair golden tabby female around six months.

If you want one, let me know. I drive from LA to Arizona every few weeks and would be happy to deliver one. Same for anyone else who wants a cat in Arizona or LA.

My family has only had strays, save for a few shelter cats. My sister's cats are from shelters - the one in (I think) Long Beach has a room where they'll bring in cats and see how they get along with them. Worked out well since she has three kids. Both of their cats lit up around the kids and have been a good fit with their family. But most of our cats have just shown up, we fed them, then they "adopted" us. Funny how that works out. Mai Tai ticks off every quality I wanted in a cat, and she just wandered over to me.

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #160 of 1,382

Quote:
Are you in SoCal? I can get you a stray. There are several we're feeding down in Arizona that would like a home. I can't keep them all inside, but we do feed, pet and pay attention to them. We have been getting them fixed, too.

A few are skittish, but others are nice. One that could use a home is a long-haired black female, maybe one year old. She likes being petted and we got her fixed a couple months ago. Same with a short-hair golden tabby female around six months.

If you want one, let me know. I drive from LA to Arizona every few weeks and would be happy to deliver one. Same for anyone else who wants a cat in Arizona or LA.

My family has only had strays, save for a few shelter cats. My sister's cats are from shelters - the one in (I think) Long Beach has a room where they'll bring in cats and see how they get along with them. Worked out well since she has three kids. Both of their cats lit up around the kids and have been a good fit with their family. But most of our cats have just shown up, we fed them, then they "adopted" us. Funny how that works out. Mai Tai ticks off every quality I wanted in a cat, and she just wandered over to me.

Uncle Erik, sometimes you are too nice for words. I would have had a cat a long time ago but personally I just don't like selecting one over another in the shelter. So that's one of the only reasons why I haven't adopted one. But I'm still waiting for an unfortunate cat to show up on my doorsteps. Out of the cats you have down in Arizona, which ones do you think need the most work and care. I'll take that one :) I'm sure I'll be able to make the drive down to LA. I live in Orange County now.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #165 of 1,382
^ A very pretty kitty. Mike is my second all gray cat, the first one, Surf, was a couple months short of 22 years when she died. Mike's a really good cat, he stands up on his hind legs and stretches up to greet everyone that comes in the front door.This is Joannie & Mike relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back