Cat-Fi
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #121 of 1,382
Naww cute eyes 
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #122 of 1,382

Quote:
he,he, cats are so cute ain't they soozie ? mine behave just like the cat in them youtube vids , I have the holes in my 3 piece suite to prove it ,the little 
devil_face.gif
s

Yes luco, cats are really cute
smile_phones.gif

Holes in your 3-piece suite? You're lucky. I have more perforations in me than a Tetley tea bag! He uses me as his backup scratching post 
devil_face.gif

Here he is doing the splits and giving his bum a good summer airing.

Making himself look long
biggrin.gif

First date with his rodent girlfriend...

His toy collection over eleven years!

And his expanded avatar.

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #123 of 1,382

Quote:
@ Uncle Erik That's very nice for you to look after Bob like that 
smile.gif

My cat dislikes being picked up/held. She squirms in my arms. All my friends cat's love being held and love all that attention 
frown.gif

my oldest cat is the same. She has to decide where she will be and looks for a way down.

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #124 of 1,382

Quote:
Thought I'd put up a shot of my new cat, Bob:

He's been coming around for awhile and I've fed him, but had been awfully shy about being petted.  But in the past couple of weeks, he's become increasingly affectionate.  He's even passing over food for attention now.  He has a quirky habit of pressing his forehead against my leg and just standing there.  But now that he's always around, I think it's safe to count him with the other two.  He doesn't have a home anywhere else and seems very happy to have a home and some attention.

Bob is the new garbage disposal, too.  The other cats are touchy and spoiled, often turning down leftovers.  Not Bob.  Any meat left out for him disappears fast.  It's great, since a lot of trimmings and scraps from meat used to go in the trash, but now I'll spend a few extra minutes pulling everything off the bones for him - almost zero waste.  He gets catfood, too, but prefers leftovers.

Seems to have made a huge difference, because Bob's coat turned from dull and mousy to glossy and looking great.  He gets brushed regularly now.  I don't know where he came from, but is fixed and is in good health.  The next door neighbors are vets and they said he's fine.

The next step will be an attempt at lapcat conversion.  Bob isn't keen on being picked up or held, but I hope he'll come around.  He'll get his own heated basket when it starts turning cold, too.

Wow, Bob looks just like this cat our family had a few years ago. And funnily enough they got him in much the same way when he started coming around the house as a stray, begging for food. Except he was a tiny guy then, well under a year. So we named him 'Little Guy', and as irony would have it he grew into a hulking, muscled, tom. He was the terror of the neighborhood. But indoors he was a total affection magnet. His markings were so similar to your Bob that it's uncanny. He just looks a little thinner than Little Guy was! 

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #125 of 1,382

Quote:
Yes luco, cats are really cute
smile_phones.gif

Holes in your 3-piece suite? You're lucky. I have more perforations in me than a Tetley tea bag! He uses me as his backup scratching post 
devil_face.gif

Here he is doing the splits and giving his bum a good summer airing.

Making himself look long
biggrin.gif

First date with his rodent girlfriend...

His toy collection over eleven years!

And his expanded avatar.

Ollie sure looks splendid, posed for the camera. He likes being the center of attention obviously!! 
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #127 of 1,382

Quote:
Ollie sure looks splendid, posed for the camera. He likes being the center of attention obviously!! 
wink.gif

Yeah, he's a poser! Totally spoiled rotten. Today I woke up with him swatting my face. Luckily, his claws were retracted
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #128 of 1,382
Well, we have somehow accumulated 7 cats, with another on the way, just waiting to reach coming home size.  3 rescue cats, 1 Cornish Rex, and 2 Sphynx, with another coming.   Like they say, what's one more????

In addition to the cats, we have 2 umbrella cockatoos, and 2 sugar gliders.   It is somewhat like living in a zoo!

Ron

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #131 of 1,382
Sunday sure has some huge eyes!

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #132 of 1,382

Quote:
Well, we have somehow accumulated 7 cats, with another on the way, just waiting to reach coming home size.  3 rescue cats, 1 Cornish Rex, and 2 Sphynx, with another coming.   Like they say, what's one more????

In addition to the cats, we have 2 umbrella cockatoos, and 2 sugar gliders.   It is somewhat like living in a zoo!

Ron

Goshdarnit!

What are those?!
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #134 of 1,382

Quote:
Goshdarnit!

What are those?!
biggrin.gif

They are Sphynx cats.  The lack of fur is due to a genetic mutation which was first observed in Canada in the mid-seventies.  They feel like suede.  They also have a body temperature several degrees above that of regular cats and feel like a suede hotwater bottle when holding them.   Due to their high metabolism rate, they eat much more than other cats while still remaining lithe and muscular.   They are very hardy cats with a great personalities.  Needless to say, it only takes a few minutes to bathe and dry them.   They quickly get used to being bathed and seem to like it.  Unlike other cats, they perspire, hence the need for baths. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back