Cat-Fi
Aug 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #107 of 1,382
got my cat from a shelter. went there and he just jumped on my lap so i couldn't leave him behind of course. his name was Balthasar but is called Ben right now. when i first got him i lived with my father. He could go outside and really loved that. When my father got a dog ( teckel) Ben couldn't stand it and walked away..after 5 months i finally got him back via advertisements in the local supermarket..some months later he again ran away..to the same people he was earlier! the woman asked if she could keep him and after many hard nights i figured it would be better to let him..he decided this himself i tought! then after a year i had a dream about him..and that same day i got a phonecall from the new owner of Ben..if i wanted him back because she was moving abroad..and now we both live together..he can't go out anymore because i live in the middle of a town..but he seems to love the balcony at the moment..and he is a old one now..pic will follow later..and sorry for the english prrrr prrr

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #108 of 1,382
Here is my cat Sullivan (Sulli) 
bigsmile_face.gif

Shortly after I got him from Cats Protection.

Look what the poor thing is wearing, he doesn't look impressed!

What Cats Do Best!

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #110 of 1,382

My cats called Splash, got her and her sister Splish when they were kittens (splish is sadly now dead). We got them because she walked up to us when we walked passed her. She scratched me and my dad first time and apparently bullied all the other cats, people at the place were surprised we got her. She calmed down pretty quickly and is now the complete opposite.

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #111 of 1,382
@kutje , lovely story You and Balthasar were ment to be together it seems ,and your english is very good 
regular_smile .gif

Quote:
got my cat from a shelter. went there and he just jumped on my lap so i couldn't leave him behind of course. his name was Balthasar but is called Ben right now. when i first got him i lived with my father. He could go outside and really loved that. When my father got a dog ( teckel) Ben couldn't stand it and walked away..after 5 months i finally got him back via advertisements in the local supermarket..some months later he again ran away..to the same people he was earlier! the woman asked if she could keep him and after many hard nights i figured it would be better to let him..he decided this himself i tought! then after a year i had a dream about him..and that same day i got a phonecall from the new owner of Ben..if i wanted him back because she was moving abroad..and now we both live together..he can't go out anymore because i live in the middle of a town..but he seems to love the balcony at the moment..and he is a old one now..pic will follow later..and sorry for the english prrrr prrr

Aug 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #114 of 1,382
Thought I'd put up a shot of my new cat, Bob:

He's been coming around for awhile and I've fed him, but had been awfully shy about being petted.  But in the past couple of weeks, he's become increasingly affectionate.  He's even passing over food for attention now.  He has a quirky habit of pressing his forehead against my leg and just standing there.  But now that he's always around, I think it's safe to count him with the other two.  He doesn't have a home anywhere else and seems very happy to have a home and some attention.

Bob is the new garbage disposal, too.  The other cats are touchy and spoiled, often turning down leftovers.  Not Bob.  Any meat left out for him disappears fast.  It's great, since a lot of trimmings and scraps from meat used to go in the trash, but now I'll spend a few extra minutes pulling everything off the bones for him - almost zero waste.  He gets catfood, too, but prefers leftovers.

Seems to have made a huge difference, because Bob's coat turned from dull and mousy to glossy and looking great.  He gets brushed regularly now.  I don't know where he came from, but is fixed and is in good health.  The next door neighbors are vets and they said he's fine.

The next step will be an attempt at lapcat conversion.  Bob isn't keen on being picked up or held, but I hope he'll come around.  He'll get his own heated basket when it starts turning cold, too.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #115 of 1,382
My youngest daughter worked at a Cat Rescue.....and brought five of them home!
The smallest cat weighs 6 pounds, full grown.
The biggest cat (Maine Coon), makes the scale groan, at a whopping 23 pounds!!
They ALL turned out to be 100% pure sweethearts.
Even my two Shelties get along with them fine?
The oldest cat, just turned 14, but you'd never know it by the way she runs and jumps!
Yeah, the relatives think me and the Mrs. are CRAZY!
But I'd rather be happy-n'-crazy, than sad-n'-sane.......................................................

Steve

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #116 of 1,382
@ Uncle Erik That's very nice for you to look after Bob like that 
smile.gif

My cat dislikes being picked up/held. She squirms in my arms. All my friends cat's love being held and love all that attention 
frown.gif

Aug 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #118 of 1,382
Your cat isn't a real cat unless he does this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvNqe8cKU4&feature=bulletin

... and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13dLaTIHSg&feature=related

... and mine does
smile_phones.gif

Some gorgeous cats in this thread by the way. I'll have to get my one scrubbed up good so he doesn't let the thread down
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #119 of 1,382
he,he, cats are so cute ain't they soozie ? mine behave just like the cat in them youtube vids , I have the holes in my 3 piece suite to prove it ,the little 
devil_face.gif
s

Quote:
Your cat isn't a real cat unless he does this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvNqe8cKU4&feature=bulletin

... and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13dLaTIHSg&feature=related

... and mine does
smile_phones.gif

Some gorgeous cats in this thread by the way. I'll have to get my one scrubbed up good so he doesn't let the thread down
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #120 of 1,382
I've been debating whether or not to post pics of my cat, but I shall hold out no longer! Her name is Missy.

5xndaq.jpg

2q00vly.jpg

Color's very nearly the same in the pictures, you're not missing out much. She's very small, approximately 5.5 lbs. Was a stray a long time ago, but now is a full time house cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back