Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
May 30, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #1,636 of 2,728
Have you tried bending the headband like in my pictures? Most comfortable headphone I own.
I could not bring myself to do that... :scream:
I did get a padded headband (ZMF's Pilot Pad) which make the Cascade MUCH better. Not the most comfy headphones, but not a showstopper any longer...

May 30, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,637 of 2,728
Too bad, I was more directing that to people who own the cascades but buy other accessories to help the fit.
The bend simply distributes the weight over more of your head, was it uncomfortable for you because of the small contact point on your head? Or the small earpads?

Mostly a hot spot on the top, but not sure that if I bend it if the sides of the headband would still give the same level of comfort as the stock shape.. The earpads are comfy for me..

May 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #1,638 of 2,728
I could not bring myself to do that... :scream:
I did get a padded headband (ZMF's Pilot Pad) which make the Cascade MUCH better. Not the most comfy headphones, but not a showstopper any longer...

After I saw the picture with that odd bend, I shaped my Cascade's the same way, and now the headphones are super comfortable, and I no longer look like one of the Cybermen wearing them.

May 30, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1,641 of 2,728
....To prove your headphones' audible merits; post visual representations. SMH

You gotta hear em live they're much better live.

I never said they were bad, how can I make a complete judgement without seeing all the official measurements. I like bass myself and the boost seems like it's under 200hz so would be a rather clean bass boost. I'm just interested in seeing the official frequency response.

If you don't believe in measurements, ask how the engineers tune your headphone. Does CFA not use measurements to tune their headphones?

May 30, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,642 of 2,728
With a handle like "Bait Oven", I wouldn't take his posts too seriously. Better yet, block 'em so you're never tempted to 'take the bait'.

Yes i must be a troll because I asked to see measurements and my name is actually a word play on the famous classical composer 'Beethoven.' fyi 'Beethoven' is pronounced like my name, not 'bee-tho-ven'. Thought it would be obvious for people on this forum.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #1,643 of 2,728
I never said they were bad, how can I make a complete judgement without seeing all the official measurements. I like bass myself and the boost seems like it's under 200hz so would be a rather clean bass boost. I'm just interested in seeing the official frequency response.

If you don't believe in measurements, ask how the engineers tune your headphone. Does CFA not use measurements to tune their headphones?
You coooould make a complete judgement by listening to them. If these were a reference headphone I would refer to the response graph as a reference on how I would set a mix. But these headphones are meant for listening and enjoyment.

But I'm just messin with you BeefOven. Cheers and happy listening.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #1,644 of 2,728
How do the EE Bravado compare to the Cascade?

I’m looking to step up my on-the-go setup with IEMs closing-in on the Cascade’s sound signature without dropping 1k.

The only ones on CA's side seem to be the Lyra II but I'm open to other alternatives (though I love CA).

For posterity's sake: the EE Bravado have a similar sound signature—perhaps even a bit better and/or which I prefer? Nah… let's say just a (tiny) bit different. Do they have the same quantity of bass? No. But it isn't far out either. Physics is a bitch.

This is especially true using the Sony NW-ZX300 DC Phase Linearizer and Vinyl Processor which makes them, to my ears, very close to the Cascade—which are, to me, the best I heard.

If I had to keep one pair, it'll be difficult but it'll be the Bravado as of today due to their portability but the case they come in is too big so… yeah.

PS I use the Bravado, like the Cascade, balanced. But I'm more and more leaning towards SE.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,646 of 2,728
@KB , one of your ALO (CV5) & Campfire (Atlas & Cascade, SXC 8 cables) regular customers you ship to Ontario. Issue with my Cascades... the fine mesh material under the pads is becoming unglued from the housing. Even with less than 50 hours use. Don't really want to send them back for repair based on shipping costs and customs (in/out) hassle. 2 questions. 1) what glue can I use for a DIY fix? or 2) what is the down side if I just get rid of the black fabric? Serial number is ~1200. Love the sound and sure to improve after break-in. think I have given enough insight into who I am if customer service wants to call me on my 416 number or email me on my Paul.Xxxxxxxx@me account.

Paul,

I just sent you a PM.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,647 of 2,728
Not a lot of people writing about the cascade. Not enough hype?
I just got some 2nd hand. (thanks head-fi). It's really a blast to go through all my music with these headphones. I'm impressed how well they do orquestra music, thinking that the bass is so dominant. The soundstage is big enough to make it a good experience.

They are seriously ugly though. My girlfriend says i can't listen while she's here, because i'm too ugly to look at :frowning2:

I'll keep digging for surprices in their soundscape. Have a good one :)

Jul 2, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,648 of 2,728
Not a lot of people writing about the cascade. Not enough hype?
I just got some 2nd hand. (thanks head-fi). It's really a blast to go through all my music with these headphones. I'm impressed how well they do orquestra music, thinking that the bass is so dominant. The soundstage is big enough to make it a good experience.

They are seriously ugly though. My girlfriend says i can't listen while she's here, because i'm too ugly to look at :frowning2:

I'll keep digging for surprices in their soundscape. Have a good one :)

Doesn't need hype, thank god... People are too busy enjoying it.

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #1,650 of 2,728
Believe it keeps selling out on the CA site regularly, so guessing they are happy with the way things are going too. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back