Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Sep 28, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #2,717 of 2,727
Campfire Audio Cascade = very uncomfortable with the headband and extremely bass-heavy with muddy over-bloated bass boom. The worst expensive purchase I made on headphones. No wonder these cans were discontinued!
All of the points you made are very debatable. I for one don't hear the Cascades this way at all. Some of it depends on your source, amp, and music choices. I do think they sound the best on clean/neutral components with a better cable. The stock cable is not very good. With that said, we all hear differently.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #2,718 of 2,727
Campfire Audio Cascade = very uncomfortable with the headband and extremely bass-heavy with muddy over-bloated bass boom. The worst expensive purchase I made on headphones. No wonder these cans were discontinued!
The headband is super uncomfortable and I had to use Dekoni Nuggets to make them wearable.
Sound wise, they can get a little boomy depending on your chain and your music choices. I like them as an occasional bassy treat.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #2,719 of 2,727
Cascade is fun for older Classic Rock tunes that may not have had the best recordings to begin with. That extra bass really filled songs in well, making them sound well rounded and full of life.

For genres with already accentuated bass, it was a bit too much for me. I would definitely say they are amazing for some genres, and not so much for others.

Dec 9, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #2,720 of 2,727
I finally added these beauties to me headphone collection. They look great when they are not on my head. Want to compare them to my DT177X GO.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #2,721 of 2,727
Put these back on yesterday and man, I am enjoying them.

Running the BF2 to iFi.
No bass boost, no 3D and today I switched to Solid State mode.
Using the stock pads, it sounds so crisp and so bassy!

The only downside, to me, is that due to the folding design I can't get a tight clamp.

But they sound so good! :L3000:

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #2,722 of 2,727
I finally added these beauties to me headphone collection. They look great when they are not on my head. Want to compare them to my DT177X GO.
World of difference, imo. I started a lot of my audio journey with Beyer cans and while I think the Cascade isn't a perfect headphone, they're much better than Beyer's Bass cannons.

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #2,723 of 2,727
Put these back on yesterday and man, I am enjoying them.

Running the BF2 to iFi.
No bass boost, no 3D and today I switched to Solid State mode.
Using the stock pads, it sounds so crisp and so bassy!

The only downside, to me, is that due to the folding design I can't get a tight clamp.

But they sound so good! :L3000:
Very unfortunate that Cascade didnt make ver.2 and openback design. I also have original Cascade and love them, especially with XL leather pads, brilliant.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back