Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Sep 25, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #2,701 of 2,728
1000000255.png

Anyone tried the Japp eq with full loudness and bass, it gives me something new, try it for free and let me know what you hear

Sep 25, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #2,702 of 2,728
Yes, I am a bit of a hoarder. 😄
Haha, you are not alone by any means

1695660623664.jpeg

This is not even showing the Meier Audio Corda Soul, Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon V2, Mojo 2/Poly that’s sitting on my desktop 😂

Sep 25, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #2,703 of 2,728
Haha, you are not alone by any means

1695660623664.jpeg
This is not even showing the Meier Audio Corda Soul, Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon V2, Mojo 2/Poly that’s sitting on my desktop 😂
I have to show this to my wife and explain how much more frugal I am than you. I doubt it will make a dent though. :grin:

Sep 25, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #2,704 of 2,728
Are you using an aftermarket cable with your Cascades? I'm using a Wywires Red cable with mine and it cleans up the overall sound quite a bit.
I am using the Arctic Cable-Vector (Grand Series) It's a copper/silver blend that is VERY affordable. It performs AMAZINGLY! When I purchased my Cascades, they came with the upgraded ALO Audio SXC 8 which is a silver plated copper cable. It sounds good as well but that particular cable is VERY stiff and weird. So I upgraded to the AC Vector that is not plated, it is pure silver & copper individual wires and again... sharpens the details, finesses the bass and refines it (which is a very good thing) Doesn't diminish the bass at all. Now, I will share this... I have removed the "white filters" from the Cascades entirely and in my opinion, this has "lifted a veil" in terms of clarity, while keeping a nice, deep bass to the sound, and that's using the standard pads. I have small ears so they make sense for me. I gotta say, after owning my Cascades for a couple years now, amidst of buying my Sony Z1R's and Meze 109's, I STILL love that bass-fueled energy they bring...They are keepers for sure!!

Sep 25, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #2,705 of 2,728
I have to show this to my wife and explain how much more frugal I am than you. I doubt it will make a dent though. :grin:
Nice, there’s so many options and ways you can go with voicing your gear

Sep 25, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #2,706 of 2,728
I am using the Arctic Cable-Vector (Grand Series) It's a copper/silver blend that is VERY affordable. It performs AMAZINGLY! When I purchased my Cascades, they came with the upgraded ALO Audio SXC 8 which is a silver plated copper cable. It sounds good as well but that particular cable is VERY stiff and weird. So I upgraded to the AC Vector that is not plated, it is pure silver & copper individual wires and again... sharpens the details, finesses the bass and refines it (which is a very good thing) Doesn't diminish the bass at all. Now, I will share this... I have removed the "white filters" from the Cascades entirely and in my opinion, this has "lifted a veil" in terms of clarity, while keeping a nice, deep bass to the sound, and that's using the standard pads. I have small ears so they make sense for me. I gotta say, after owning my Cascades for a couple years now, amidst of buying my Sony Z1R's and Meze 109's, I STILL love that bass-fueled energy they bring...They are keepers for sure!!

Not to mention short. The ALO SXC 8 is a good cable, but it’s way too short to be useful to me. Arctic Cables makes some really nice cables. I’m really not a fan of silver plated cables in general. This alone makes most aftermarket cables an improvement over the stock cable for the Cascades. Like you, despite owning so many headphones, the Cascades really are a fun and energetic listen. Definitely one of the best portable options out there still.

Sep 25, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #2,707 of 2,728
Not to mention short. The ALO SXC 8 is a good cable, but it’s way too short to be useful to me. Arctic Cables makes some really nice cables. I’m really not a fan of silver plated cables in general. This alone makes most aftermarket cables an improvement over the stock cable for the Cascades. Like you, despite owning so many headphones, the Cascades really are a fun and energetic listen. Definitely one of the best portable options out there still.
Agreed...Very fun and energetic sound. In terms of cables- another suggestion is to check out the Magnus by Arctic Cables. It's a super pure copper cable that is nothing shy of AMAZING! It really changed my mind about copper cables and how they are "supposed" to sound. I use this cable on my 109 Pro and sometimes my Meze Lirics and it is magic. Super clear details, body, bass, depth and fidelity. Not an expensive cable at all and certainly for what it provides... it's cheap vs. the quality of sound it brings. Another alt is by Audiophile Ninja. They make cables that sound SUPER good! The cost is very inexpensive and they are somewhat similar in sound enhancements as the Magnus... great cable maker!

Sep 25, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #2,708 of 2,728
Agreed...Very fun and energetic sound. In terms of cables- another suggestion is to check out the Magnus by Arctic Cables. It's a super pure copper cable that is nothing shy of AMAZING! It really changed my mind about copper cables and how they are "supposed" to sound. I use this cable on my 109 Pro and sometimes my Meze Lirics and it is magic. Super clear details, body, bass, depth and fidelity. Not an expensive cable at all and certainly for what it provides... it's cheap vs. the quality of sound it brings. Another alt is by Audiophile Ninja. They make cables that sound SUPER good! The cost is very inexpensive and they are somewhat similar in sound enhancements as the Magnus... great cable maker!
I have a buddy that had the Magnus with a set of TH900’s. He loved the cable and the pairing. I do like an all copper with the Cascades. I suppose a true hybrid cable, like your AC Vector would also fair well.

Sep 25, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #2,709 of 2,728
Since you own LCD 2c، I have to ask how the drums feel comparing both, so you feel the tactile punch standout in snares and kicks more in lcd2 or the other headphones
And have you tried ultrasone
Both are pretty good at low-end heft, I think it depends on what you're specifically after. Percussion on the LCD-2C is relatively 'cleaner' and snappier-sounding, whereas the Cascade has a more visceral, thicker sound that decays a lot longer. This is a combination of both the different driver types (planar vs dynamic), and the exaggerated mid-bass tuning on the Cascade. Neither are going to win any prizes in the technical department, but both are quite a lot of fun and engaging in their own ways.

Sep 25, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #2,710 of 2,728
Ha ha, an IEM collection is much more, um, discreet, maybe that's why I've been stuck in that rabbit hole for a little while now LOL.

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #2,711 of 2,728
Ha ha, an IEM collection is much more, um, discreet, maybe that's why I've been stuck in that rabbit hole for a little while now LOL.
I can see that. Everytime she walks by my audio display she either gives me a dirty look or rolls her eyes.

And anytime that I comment on ANYTHING she buys, she goes straight to my habit. :grin:

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #2,712 of 2,728
Great point. Usually delivers in a much smaller box as well. Compared to the Meze Liric or the Z1R… which feels like a crate delivery… especially when you’re trying to be a bit more… “covert” 😆 My wife is working on a hybrid schedule as well as me, so I get hit with the questions upon delivery!!😂

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #2,713 of 2,728
Great point. Usually delivers in a much smaller box as well. Compared to the Meze Liric or the Z1R… which feels like a crate delivery… especially when you’re trying to be a bit more… “covert” 😆 My wife is working on a hybrid schedule as well as me, so I get hit with the questions upon delivery!!😂
As far as that goes, I've been fortunate to participate in quite a lot of tours of various gear over the last 12months+, so there's stuff coming all the time that is "not mine, just here for a couple of weeks" before I send it on to the next person. So which stuff actually stays remains under a veil of secrecy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #2,714 of 2,728
As far as that goes, I've been fortunate to participate in quite a lot of tours of various gear over the last 12months+, so there's stuff coming all the time that is "not mine, just here for a couple of weeks" before I send it on to the next person. So which stuff actually stays remains under a veil of secrecy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
😆LOL…Jackpot!!

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #2,715 of 2,728
I have a buddy that had the Magnus with a set of TH900’s. He loved the cable and the pairing. I do like an all copper with the Cascades. I suppose a true hybrid cable, like your AC Vector would also fair well.
I have AC’s 8-wire version of the Magnus, the Talos, paired with my Elites and it’s fantastic. Their cable jackets (the tpu around the wire) are extremely soft and flexible, and the craftsmanship is second to none. (Lifetime warranty). I personally wouldn’t spend that kind of money on a cable for the Cascades, but their stock cable suuuuucks! Mine broke within a few weeks. Love my Cascades though! Really punch above their weight class!

Yeah, @Slim1970’s collection is on another level! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back