Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Aug 21, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #2,687 of 2,728
Hey guys. Recently bought a pair of A-Stock Cascades from Campfire. If I’m reading everything correctly, XL pads will increase the soundstage a bit. Does anyone know where to find them now a days? If at all possible. Thanks!

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #2,688 of 2,728
Sep 15, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #2,689 of 2,728
Anyone knows how the cascade compares to the ultrasone signature x? In terms of punchiness and slam in midbass for an example
IIRC, Ken used to re-cable the Ultrasone series, and was inspired to a degree by them with the Cascade.
It has been too long since I've had the Signature or Edition 9 here to compare. I do have an original pair of Sony MDR-R7s here though, and they sound very similar to the Cascade.
The main difference though is that the Cascades are portable, but considerably less comfortable than the Sony or Ultrasone.

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,690 of 2,728
IIRC, Ken used to re-cable the Ultrasone series, and was inspired to a degree by them with the Cascade.
It has been too long since I've had the Signature or Edition 9 here to compare. I do have an original pair of Sony MDR-R7s here though, and they sound very similar to the Cascade.
The main difference though is that the Cascades are portable, but considerably less comfortable than the Sony or Ultrasone.
Not really very portable though. I had to use Dekoni Nuggets to stop the searing pain. And the frame is shaped like a football. And because they are folding, you just can't get a tight clamp.

I love my Cascades, but would never take them outside.

Enjoyed your 109 Pro's review. I just got them today!

Sep 24, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #2,691 of 2,728
Not really very portable though. I had to use Dekoni Nuggets to stop the searing pain. And the frame is shaped like a football. And because they are folding, you just can't get a tight clamp.

I love my Cascades, but would never take them outside.

Enjoyed your 109 Pro's review. I just got them today!
How Cascades bass compare to the 109 especially in terms of punch and slam, which drums sound more aggressive

Sep 24, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #2,692 of 2,728
How Cascades bass compare to the 109 especially in terms of punch and slam, which drums sound more aggressive
The Cascades have All the bass. The 109's have as much bass as the song calls for and no more. The 109's have a Much cleaner sound.

Sep 25, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #2,693 of 2,728
The Cascades have All the bass. The 109's have as much bass as the song calls for and no more. The 109's have a Much cleaner sound.
You know, looking back on it it’s no surprise where I’ve landed with gear since getting my Cascade 3+ years ago as my first real headfi purchase.

Pretty much everything I appreciate most in my current collection has a sound signature built on a warm lush midbass and lower midrange, which is what Cascade does so exceptionally well itself.

Whether it’s the Andromeda2020, Meze Empyrean, FiR Xe6, or my shiny new Elysian Annihilator23, it’s obvious now that I’ve been chasing end-game midbass all along, and found it in various different flavours and form factors.

But it was Cascade that started it all for me, and it remains such a fun engaging listen to this day.

Sep 25, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #2,694 of 2,728
You know, looking back on it it’s no surprise where I’ve landed with gear since getting my Cascade 3+ years ago as my first real headfi purchase.

Pretty much everything I appreciate most in my current collection has a sound signature built on a warm lush midbass and lower midrange, which is what Cascade does so exceptionally well itself.

Whether it’s the Andromeda2020, Meze Empyrean, FiR Xe6, or my shiny new Elysian Annihilator23, it’s obvious now that I’ve been chasing end-game midbass all along, and found it in various different flavours and form factors.

But it was Cascade that started it all for me, and it remains such a fun engaging listen to this day.
Since you own LCD 2c، I have to ask how the drums feel comparing both, so you feel the tactile punch standout in snares and kicks more in lcd2 or the other headphones
And have you tried ultrasone

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #2,695 of 2,728
Are you using an aftermarket cable with your Cascades? I'm using a Wywires Red cable with mine and it cleans up the overall sound quite a bit.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #2,696 of 2,728
Are you using an aftermarket cable with your Cascades? I'm using a Wywires Red cable with mine and it cleans up the overall sound quite a bit.
I use Hart modular cables with all my headphones except of course the Grado's.

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #2,697 of 2,728
I use Hart modular cables with all my headphones except of course the Grado's.
Okay cool, I've never tried the Hart cables. I hear they are pretty good. Being modular makes it even better.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #2,698 of 2,728
Okay cool, I've never tried the Hart cables. I hear they are pretty good. Being modular makes it even better.
It just makes the whole system easier to deal with. Especially if you hop from headphone to headphone and amp to amp.

IMG_20230715_145417384_HDR~2.jpg

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #2,699 of 2,728
It just makes the whole system easier to deal with. Especially if you hop from headphone to headphone and amp to amp.

IMG_20230715_145417384_HDR~2.jpg
I see :grin:, wow!

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #2,700 of 2,728

Users who are viewing this thread

Back