Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
May 25, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #2,731 of 2,737
Not the Master, but I've owned the Lavricable Grand and I have the Ultimate on my Audio Technica R70x's. Lavricable makes great sounding cables. Their silver cables are not bright sounding like you would think an all silver cable would sound.With that said, I think you'd be better off pairing the Cascades with an all copper cable. The Cascades have a very detailed treble that a silver cable would only attenuate further. This is my opinion however
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't really want to attenuate the treble, so I was thinking of a silver cable. I'll burn it in with the stock cable first, it's really fun on the Mojo 2.

May 25, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #2,732 of 2,737
I have Silver Litz, which I got as a deal with Cascade, awesome, tight sound, impactfull, highs not sharp not even on M17.

May 25, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #2,733 of 2,737
Are you talking about the silver-plated copper SCX 8 by Alo? It’s supposedly made especially for the Cascades and indeed it brings out their true potential. My only only issue with it is that, being nice and thick, after several months it suddenly gets very hard and rigid, which eventually results in breaking, usually around the lamo jacks or the y-split in the middle. Love the sound that it brings- the significantly enhanced dynamics and extended sound stage- but I feel I also have to mention that for me it rarely lasts over 2 years. Unless some of you guys know some secret cool way of maintaining the SCX so it doesn’t harden so drastically.

May 25, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #2,734 of 2,737
Yes thats the one, well I am being "polite" with that cable, it does get harder having more memory over time unfortunately. Mine is still good and sound of Cascade with it is top notch, especially using THX amp (M17).

May 25, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #2,735 of 2,737
I have Silver Litz, which I got as a deal with Cascade, awesome, tight sound, impactfull, highs not sharp not even on M17.
Bought this today in the classifieds. Looking forward to listen with it, thanks.

May 25, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #2,737 of 2,737
Not the Master, but I've owned the Lavricable Grand and I have the Ultimate on my Audio Technica R70x's. Lavricable makes great sounding cables. Their silver cables are not bright sounding like you would think an all silver cable would sound.With that said, I think you'd be better off pairing the Cascades with an all copper cable. The Cascades have a very detailed treble that a silver cable would only attenuate further. This is my opinion however
I wouldn't unless you really, really want bass. They are crying for an OCC silver cable, except they cost as much as the headphones or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back