Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
May 22, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,621 of 2,728

I just pulled up a photo from Headpie.net to show the difference with the bend.... tried to make the photos similar for a better reference... except it’s sidwade, I’ll edit that, hope it helps

Thanks for the photo credit, nice.

From my Cascade review (back when they were endless essays)
https://www.headpie.net/2018/03/campfire-audio-cascade-headphone-review.html?m=1

Plus a few more shots:

15D22D46-A611-4EEA-B0A4-1ED319B21981.jpeg
Caleb of CA

C3CC4697-58C1-476A-B49D-BB1E2EC319AC.png

71E42538-9293-441F-99CF-D004C2F51E25.jpeg

May 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,625 of 2,728
Hello, I have been thinking about trying these out, but have been having trouble finding photos of the cascade on someones head, from all angles, primarily front view, can someone link me to/post some photos of this for me?

Thank you!

See photos above. I hope they are helpful.

can you stop advertising please? Also, please write some real reviews!

A member asked for photos of the Cascade from the different angles.

I did my best to assist. Isn't Head-fi about helping each other out?

I could have posted the link to my Cascade review which is on Head-fi -but its near impossible to point to ones individual review
(The aim being to give more context to the photos).
Plus It was easier to go to my site to gather the photos as they are not on my present mobile device, so also a web link to my site whilst doing so -
(which i rarely post on head-fi as I already post my reviews here as a courtesy so as to not post outer links to my site)
- which i try to avoid as it is impolite- so you are right. Forgive my transgression.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-cascade.22951/reviews?direction=asc#reviews

Sorry for any offense, Sir.

You are right

Regards
Expat

P.S Head pie sucks

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,626 of 2,728
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/cascade/ Sold Out Again! Not surprised. @KB I love mine from the most recent (?) run. SN ~1200. Be interesting to see if they release more or Cascade 2.0.

Yeah, I’m curious if they come out with a Cascade Mk II one day, just like they did with the Polaris II.. Hopefully less 2 or 3 dB elevated bass, and a more comfy fitting headband.. I wouldn’t change anything in the mids and highs though.

May 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,627 of 2,728
Mark up,

wow really? Your going to look at a freq someone made on a measuring rig thats undocumented and straight up conclude that the headphone is "Its not good" ?! This is exactly why I do not like measurements, I had this exact conversation with Jude regarding the misperception and misunderstanding around measurements.

There have been some real bold comments from some here on Head-fi who have not seen (physically held) nor heard our headphone here, this is a open forum and I am cool with the free speech and people opinions. Many comments are critical and have some real good constructive crit and feedback which is great and we here value. However its really hard for me to read some of the comments. My company is a small independently owned, family run USA based operation. I cant for the life of me understand why people would want less choices for their hobby, because when you bash companies with out careful listening or hands on evaluation thats kind of where the direction is headed.

Sorry I want to participate in the discussion

We don not hear the Cascade as boomy, the bass is prominent but we went to extraordinary lengths to make sure the low freq was very tight, and we feel we did a good job here. Yes I like electronic music, hip hop, rock and EDM and the Cascade excells at such.

I hope people can come to the NY show and listen. Also I have a bunch of review units going out so hopefully we will see some more detailed impressions and reviews.

Ken

If you're so confident they are rubbish measurements and that your headphone sounds good,Why dont you post the official measurements you took using industry standard rigs.

May 30, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #1,628 of 2,728
Yeah, I’m curious if they come out with a Cascade Mk II one day, just like they did with the Polaris II.. Hopefully less 2 or 3 dB elevated bass, and a more comfy fitting headband.. I wouldn’t change anything in the mids and highs though.
I am all for a better headband!
Unlike you, though, I would NOT touch the bass :wink:

May 30, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #1,630 of 2,728
....To prove your headphones' audible merits; post visual representations. SMH

You gotta hear em live they're much better live.

With a handle like "Bait Oven", I wouldn't take his posts too seriously. Better yet, block 'em so you're never tempted to 'take the bait'.

May 30, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,632 of 2,728
I am all for a better headband!
Unlike you, though, I would NOT touch the bass :wink:

I’m all for great bass, highly enjoyable from J Dilla to Autechre, etc.. But if I want natural (not too much fat?) tone from Gary Peacock’s upright bass or the cello, maybe alternate pads would help, but could still preserve the presentation of the mids and highs as heard with the leather pads?.. I haven’t read much feedback with the current cloth pads.. I auditioned the Cascades for over two hours with live Hendrix and David Sylvian tracks months ago, and I was impressed, I ‘relaxed into the music’ - not analyzing aspects of it.. But I had to cut it short ‘cos of headband discomfort..

May 30, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #1,635 of 2,728
I couldn’t really try that in the store/dealer where I audition of course,. So I will never know if bending it will work for me..
Too bad, I was more directing that to people who own the cascades but buy other accessories to help the fit.
The bend simply distributes the weight over more of your head, was it uncomfortable for you because of the small contact point on your head? Or the small earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back