Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #167 of 424
Sweet, I'll get ya added to the list. What gear will you all be bringing (if any)?
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600ohm
Grado SR-80e
California Headphone Company Silverado (2 sets) might be modding one pair of them
RHA S500
B&O PLAY H3(LG/Android version)
Final Audio F7200
VE Monk Plus
Empire Ears Spartan ADEL with MAM and Carrot dummy modules(01 Modules)
LG V20
Bravo Audio V3 tube amp (with an Electro-Harmonix 6922EH gold pin tube)
Fisher Audio CA-2220
Aune X1s DAC
Impact Audio Custom Infinity Series IEM Cable
Chromecast Audio
Laptop

I think that's everything, and I might have between 1 and 3 guest.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #168 of 424
Add a ZuperDac to my list too - forgot that little goodie

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #169 of 424
You can officially update my gear to the stuff in my sig. I won't be changing it at this point

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #170 of 424
You can officially update my gear to the stuff in my sig. I won't be changing it at this point

Excited to hear the Stax! I know @Afghan Vet has an 009 right? Or is that Tom NC... either way I'm excited

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #172 of 424
I'm only bringing myself and possibly Scott Nixon. Might bring a pair of my phones to use to audition amps but not sure about that yet.

A couple bodies are more than enough! We will be excited to have you, I always like chatting with the more tenured members!

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #173 of 424
Anyone going to try to get one of the new Sennheiser HD820's before the meet?

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #174 of 424
Anyone going to try to get one of the new Sennheiser HD820's before the meet?

Asking the important questions, I know I won't be. Though I miiiiiiight, and these are big mights. Might be bringing the Focal Clear/ Audeze MX4 and possibly the Auteur. Need to get second confirmation for all three before I have my "bringing" list updated

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #175 of 424
The Sennheiser HD820 being shown currently is not a finished product. Sennheiser is saying it will start shipping this summer around June. The only way anyone can hear an HD820 now would be to listen to one of the prototypes.

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #176 of 424
Will any of the vendor gear be for sale? At the older Charlotte shows when there used to be a number of vendors in attendance, they would either offer reduced prices on things like accessories or sell their demo gear at reduced prices so they wouldn't have to haul it back home. I see Audio-Technica, Schiit, and Beyerdynamic sending product so it would be nice to know if any of it will be available for purchase.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #177 of 424
Will any of the vendor gear be for sale? At the older Charlotte shows when there used to be a number of vendors in attendance, they would either offer reduced prices on things like accessories or sell their demo gear at reduced prices so they wouldn't have to haul it back home. I see Audio-Technica, Schiit, and Beyerdynamic sending product so it would be nice to know if any of it will be available for purchase.

No, none of the vendor gear will be for sale.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #178 of 424
Hello my fellow audio enthusiasts! It's that time of year again!! Carolina CanFest 6, and this year is shaping to be amazing. But we can still always grow bigger and better. So if you would be so kind, please share this on your social media. The event is FREE, there's FREE lunch (courtesy of Schiit), and this may just be my thoughts, but there's some pretty awesome people to meet and greet. Everyone's welcome and we'd certainly love to have you!!!!!!

I'm also going to be trying my best to see if I can get a couple vendors/reps./MOT's to attend and will GLADLY accept any help from you in reaching out. During Carolina CanFest 5, we had two very nice gentlemen who represented Bryston Audio and Master Dynamic and the other representing iFi respectably. It was an incredible experience both talking with them and learning about their products.

Current available times are ( subject to change, but I can find out more once enough interest has been shown).
Date/Time slots will either be 10AM-3PM, 10AM- 2PM, 12PM-4PM, or 2PM-6PM
OCT: 8, 21, 29
NOV: 11, 19, 25, 26
DEC: 10, 16, 17, 31
JAN: 6, 7, 13, 27, 28

FEB: 3, 17, 18, 24
MAR: 4, 10, 11 (MY BIRTHDAY!!!), 17, 25

Concord Fire Department, Fire Station 7, Community Room
250 International Drive NW
Concord, NC 28027

(Right off of Kannapolis/George Lyle's Parkway off I-85 Exit 54)

This is where I need input from you, the community, about what time works out the best for you; so please say which of the above dates will work best for you. From there I'll reserve the date and time that will satisfy the most amount of people.

For lunch, there's a couple restaurants nearby but I'll also order in/pick up some pizza and light refreshments.

Those wishing to attend!!!
Please RSVP here if you are coming, and with what gear (if any) you’d like to bring. Please feel free to invite your friends and family!
-If you're unable to bring any gear, that is ABSOLUTELY fine and ok! So long as you come with an awesome attitude, sense of humor and an excitement to meet the rest of us audio geeks, that's all we (or at least myself) want. OH but you can bring cookies. Everyone likes cookies!!!
-NO SPEAKERS!!!!!!! (as in like bluetooth etc...)

*Vendores, M.O.T. etc...
IF you are a manufacture, representative, or member of the trade and would like to have your products featured at this meet, please contact me via PM for details, specifications, and what your requirements are (i.e. table space etc...). We are extremely grateful for all interest shown in our event from vendors and want to ensure you and your products are given due notice.​

Some quick guidelines because this is an active firestation (and MINE)
-If you are wanting a tour of the station, fire apparatus, etc... please get with me so that I can notify on duty staff.​
-Please show respect to all on duty personnel and listen to any instruction given.

Prices, Customs & Courtesies:
  • The cost to attend this meet is FREE!! But any donations would be very appreciated.​
  • Please be respectful towards ALL attending members AND their equipment, there will be a 'you break it, you buy it rule' but I'm sure this will not be an issue for we're dealing with adults here.​
  • When demoing a piece of equipment, please see either the owner or their instruction left at each item on how to safely and correctly operate their gear as to not damage quite sensitive material,​
    • i.e. turn the volume knob down before and after use, while not blasting it out while you're listening.​
  • Be mindful of those around you. Keep voices low when talking, wait your turn and please don't be selfish with equipment.​
  • Lastly, PLEASE, bring source material. I.e. Laptops DAP's etc... I foresee this making things quite difficult especially when trying out dacs. So if you've a computer or applicable media you can bring PLEASE do so.​

For those who're considering selling their gear.
Selling of ones personal gear is allowed SO LONG AS it does NOT deffer from the intention of the meet. List of prices and equipment sold can be either discussed via PM, ads. on ones account, personally via face to face, or via small card at the meet. Do NOT post what you're selling, nor prices, on the thread. This is a meet designed to put faces to names and listen to gear that's otherwise unlikely to have ever been heard; not an auction house, due bare this in mind please.

If you're unfortunately unable to attend, please at least share this post on your social media, etc... so that we can have as great a turnout as possible

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #180 of 424
I'm definitely going to attend. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and hearing some great gear! Thanks for putting this together!

SWEET PICKLES!!! We're happy to have ya! Are you able to bring any gear or will it just be yourself and maybe some guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back