Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jul 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #91 of 453
Receiving my pair Sunday......

Looking forward very much to hearing how they sound......my friend has high praises and says the finish is very very good on the Ear Speakers. He also mentioned that they take a few days to open up.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #92 of 453
The detail is there, and the soundstage is fantastic particularly with live music out of the Sony. But they are not detail-centric, because while the treble is there and extends nicely, it is very smooth and somewhat under-emphasized compared to the rest of the spectrum. While I'm not going as far as to say they are similar to the Audeze signature (yet), I can say that they remind me of the EWS11LTD a bit, but with an enhanced soundstage.

It's hard to describe but this is becoming my favorite type of "fun" signature, slightly v-shaped with great bass impact and definition, beautiful vocals/mids, and smooth extended treble. But the provided tips are horrible so definitely don't judge these with those.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #94 of 453
Received my pair yesterday morning from a friend, who stopped over in Hong Kong just to pass the Cardas on to me, and lunch.

Out of the box, rather bassy and dark. However, even with just 1 days playing time, they have opened up significantly. These earphones definitely scale up with better sources sounding best on my Desktop stack. It is a very musical IEM with a full and rich note weight. It is actually rather more detailed than I was led to believe. 

Over all I am rather happy with them.........thus far
size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #97 of 453
Quote:
Yes...I use Ortofon tips on all my universal IEMs that they fit on. I am wearing the Cardas very similarly to my IE800, cable down and shallow insertion.

When are yours due in?

Mine are due Thursday. I really hope they are not too dark, how would you compare them to IE800, a side grade or is IE800 an upgrade? Thanks in advance. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #98 of 453
Quote:
Mine are due Thursday. I really hope they are not too dark, how would you compare them to IE800, a side grade or is IE800 an upgrade? Thanks in advance. 

There is quite a reverberation coming off the shells that, god forbid, is slightly reminiscent to the PF vii, ix, x but with a lot more bass presence. It is not as refined nor as sophisticated though......but very enjoyable!!!

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #99 of 453
The piano forte comparison was mentioned earlier in this thread. Part of me thinks that i like the sound of my PFX with more bass and the other part thinks the magic all comes from the lack of bass and treble extension and it all being about the midrange. Is the treble as bad as the PF in terms of extension, like nothing past 10k?

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #100 of 453
Quote:
The piano forte comparison was mentioned earlier in this thread. Part of me thinks that i like the sound of my PFX with more bass and the other part thinks the magic all comes from the lack of bass and treble extension and it all being about the midrange. Is the treble as bad as the PF in terms of extension, like nothing past 10k?

Hey buddy.....Firstly, I been meaning to email you and say thanks, bit rushed off my feet atm.

The Cardas is burning on my stack and I have been listening intermittently and every time the highs seems to extend a little further......but beyond 10k, I need to revert say in a week or so.

Thanks again Swimmy!!

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #101 of 453
Alright i will keep an eye this thread and see how the course of burn in leaves these. I was hoping the highs would be better than the PF as although i am very much in love with my PF, i was hoping these were going to be a bit more versatile than the PFs. I am not a big dark IEM fan however so i am still not sure how these would treat my ears.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #102 of 453
Can you guys report back on how many hours it takes for the IEM to open up? Is the bass going to reduce? Treble seems incredibly recessed.

Built is good but you need a shirt clip, the IEM cable is too heavy. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #103 of 453
A good solid 48 hours non stop on quite high volume......

But my advice would be...don't listen to your top 3 IEMs and then put these on 
size]

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #104 of 453
Out of the box they sound incredibly boomy.

Update: Make sure to let your unit run for 300 hours, after that sound will change significantly. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604878/cardas-ear-speakers-delayed-but-worth-the-wait/120#post_9652154

Users who are viewing this thread

Back