Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jun 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #62 of 453
Thanks
redface.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #64 of 453
Did they switch up the model names? I thought the brass one for $425 was supposed to be Model 2...

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #67 of 453
I listened to these at the Newport Hifi show last sunday. They sounded really good but they have one major flaw in my opinion; the housings are way too heavy. As long as you don't move your head much it is fine. However, even slight movements were enough to move them out of my ears/break seal. It was simply a deal breaker for me.   

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #69 of 453
Quote:
I listened to these at the Newport Hifi show last sunday. They sounded really good but they have one major flaw in my opinion; the housings are way too heavy. As long as you don't move your head much it is fine. However, even slight movements were enough to move them out of my ears/break seal. It was simply a deal breaker for me.   

Did you listen to the 1's or the 2's, amped or out of a DAP?

The weight is one of my main concerns with these
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #70 of 453
I believe they can be worn over the ear so that is not much of a problem, my concern is sound, FAD PF seems to be a hit and miss for most genera, I love dynamic IEM I just hope this one hopefully be nothing like FAD and more like EX-1000 with Kuro resolution. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #71 of 453

Can these be worn in both straight cable and over-ear fashion? If so, the latter should presumably make for a more secure fit.

EDIT: audionewbi beat me to it.

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #72 of 453
I was hoping for the same thing. Unfortunately I was not able to achieve good seal by wearing them over the ear. I don't think they are designed for that. I think cardas overdid with the build quality/materials. The cable was something out of this world (better than westone 4 cable) and also the earpiece build/materials were great too (some kind of metal). They did sound amazing though. I was comparing them with ps1000 grados side by side. These guys had more or less comparable soundstage to ps1000s which I found absolutely astonishing. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #74 of 453
Quote:
Graph seems to have been posted over at Headroom:

graphCompare.php

Source: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/cardas-em5813-ear-speakers-model-1.php

Interesting...  Possibly warm and bassy? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back