Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jul 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #121 of 453
I was a little harsh on this, begun listening few hours ago and I can see why the running is made this way. The lack of treble detail means a fatigue free listening. The housing added with this tuning ensures a long listening session. The bass quantity has settle a lot, albeit this is still a warm sounding iem good for jazz and classical music. This is really an iem made for listening while relaxing on the sofa, the long cable suggest the usage of a desktop amp. This iem pairs best with neutral sounding sources, forget you tube amps and your 627 opamp as it become darn warm.

oh my...
lack of treble made me sad to hear that, Im treble lover, maybe I will sell mine when it come.

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #125 of 453
Quote:
I was a little harsh on this, begun listening few hours ago and I can see why the running is made this way. The lack of treble detail means a fatigue free listening. The housing added with this tuning ensures a long listening session. The bass quantity has settle a lot, albeit this is still a warm sounding iem good for jazz and classical music. This is really an iem made for listening while relaxing on the sofa, the long cable suggest the usage of a desktop amp. This iem pairs best with neutral sounding sources, forget you tube amps and your 627 opamp as it become darn warm.

I just remembered that I had a Studio V in my drawer somewhere! Well so far, the pairing is actually pretty good.......bearing in mind the V is extremely detailed, airy and on the bright side of neutral....just what the Cardas needs.............
size]

Don't you have this Dap?

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #126 of 453
No I dont have it yet, I have the rocoo Ba which is half dead.

Does anyone know who can terminate cardas cable with RSA balance connectors? I am thinking of purchasing a balanced amp and have this terminate to balanced end. The cable is already good so all I need is to have it terminate to RSA balance connectors. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #128 of 453
No I dont have it yet, I have the rocoo Ba which is half dead.

Does anyone know who can terminate cardas cable with RSA balance connectors? I am thinking of purchasing a balanced amp and have this terminate to balanced end. The cable is already good so all I need is to have it terminate to RSA balance connectors. 

Brian Goto at BTG Audio.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #130 of 453
Quote:
If the bass is a little too much for you, try the blue tips. They are vented to reduce the bass slightly. Took me a while to see the difference. 

Thanks for posting that, I dislike flanged tips but it's good to know. I was wondering if there was a difference besides color!

I am using sony hybrids but I was trying to open the nozzle a bit to increase the treble. I have a monster tip sampler I may open up soon.

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #131 of 453
Quote:
Yes they are good for days when I don't care about details. They are easy to listen too but lacks micro detail.

I don't find them lacking in detail at all, they just have a bit of a smooth sound which to me is quite like my Audeze headphones. They really suit my ears well since I'm sensitive to harshness and sharp highs. 

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #132 of 453
Quote:
I don't find them lacking in detail at all, they just have a bit of a smooth sound which to me is quite like my Audeze headphones. They really suit my ears well since I'm sensitive to harshness and sharp highs. 

Update on sound:

I truly have jumped in conclusion with cardas, I have now clocked in more then 350 hours and the sound transitioned from a boomy sound into a very well textured bass and smooth and lush midrange to a non-fatiguing highs. 

Cardas IEM sound is I believe what we categorize as natural sounding

I was not expecting that it would take 300+ hours for sound to change this much. So yes I will admit I was overally harsh and that might have also had something to do with what I was coming from (CK100PRO, ER4S and EX-1000).

I still believe cardas has less treble detail compared to the IEM I mentioned above but I think that was part of the design tuning which I believe was to create a non-fatiguing sound which cardas are certainly are.  

Amping:

I highly recommend amping them with a neutral sounding amp like arrow 4G or O2. 

Microphonic:

Microphonics are present. To fix this you can simply run over the cable over across your neck. this does reduce it but it will not eliminate it. 

Genera of music:

Jazz, blues, acoustic jazz and slow chambers are all done right with this but I feel the loud complex part of the music they will not be able to keep up with the BA drivers. That is generally something common for dynamic drivers. 

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #135 of 453
Hey audionewbi, thanks for the follow-up.

Did you use both of the ear tips? If so, did you prefer one to the other?
And if you compared the clear to blue tips, did the blue tips produce
less bass, in your experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back