Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Jul 18, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #110 of 453
Quote:
I will not rush and let the unit burn in for 200 hours for sure but one thing for sure I hope I was not fooled into this product.

I wouldn't think that, but they are different to your preferences of IEMs that I see in your signature.........

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #111 of 453
Quote:

I wouldn't think that, but they are different to your preferences of IEMs that I see in your signature.........

I don't mind good bass, infact I enjoy it quiet a lot. ES10 is quiet bassy, it is that cardas are very bass heavy and in its early hours they were incredibly muddy sounding. I havent listened to them ever since yestarday, i will let it burn in till tomorrow night and listen to them over the weekend, it is that I had high expectation from them considering the four year production delay and the high standard Mr Cardas has set for him. Naturally that is what I use to judge this IEM.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #113 of 453
Quote:
I don't mind good bass, infact I enjoy it quiet a lot. ES10 is quiet bassy, it is that cardas are very bass heavy and in its early hours they were incredibly muddy sounding. I havent listened to them ever since yestarday, i will let it burn in till tomorrow night and listen to them over the weekend, it is that I had high expectation from them considering the four year production delay and the high standard Mr Cardas has set for him. Naturally that is what I use to judge this IEM.

waiting your report and comparison with EX1000, since I cancel my ex1000 order because of this iem.
look like we booth have the same "sound taste".

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #114 of 453
Quote:
waiting your report and comparison with EX1000, since I cancel my ex1000 order because of this iem.
look like we booth have the same "sound taste".

I am not a fair judge when it comes to EX-1000. It is fair to assume that almost always I will place EX-1000 as one of the best dynamic IEM ever made. I am yet to try IE800 and kaede, soon I will probably purchase the Kuro but all and all EX-1000 is much more balanced than now what is 75 hour mature cardas IEM. Cardas has way too much bass. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #115 of 453
Quote:
Is there only one model currently or are there two different models?

They are planning to release three models. Originally they were going to release model 1 and 2, model 2 been the flagship. But they decide to rename things and name their flagship model 1. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #116 of 453
They are planning to release three models. Originally they were going to release model 1 and 2, model 2 been the flagship. But they decide to rename things and name their flagship model 1. 

Thanks. Way to confuse to consumer. :wink:

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #118 of 453
Quote:
Thanks. Way to confuse to consumer.
wink.gif

You think that's confusing?  Read their pseudo science introduction on the Blackbird Audio/Gallery page. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #119 of 453
Got to give cardas credit for comfort and isolation. They provide very good isolation and comfort. Normally isolation and comfort do not go hand to hand. I just disagree with their house sound (can I consider this their house sound?)

I get why they decide to tame the treble this much, cardas IEM is really suitable for long term listening however honestly it lacks emotion that once get from hearing those sparkling treble that we can hear from something like ck100pro. It really comes down to preference but cardas IEM is for those who like to listen to music without caring for detail. 

The bass is alot better now and is no longer muddy but it is on the bass side. 

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #120 of 453
I was a little harsh on this, begun listening few hours ago and I can see why the running is made this way. The lack of treble detail means a fatigue free listening. The housing added with this tuning ensures a long listening session. The bass quantity has settle a lot, albeit this is still a warm sounding iem good for jazz and classical music. This is really an iem made for listening while relaxing on the sofa, the long cable suggest the usage of a desktop amp. This iem pairs best with neutral sounding sources, forget you tube amps and your 627 opamp as it become darn warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back