CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #136 of 529
Posted on the dedicated thread (that I started), but got no response:
Any thoughts as to which area I should book a hotel (outside the very pricey downtown)?

I could find very reasonable hotels in these 3 areas:
1. Glendale (12 miles north of downtown)
2. Near LAX (15 miles south-west of downtown)
3. Montebello area (12 miles east of downtown)

My gut feeling is Glendale being best, but would be very helpful to know where others stay (outside downtown).
Also, locals can recommend (or warn)  :wink:

I would probably echo that Glendale would be the easiest way to get to Canjam. Montebello 60 on the weekends shouldn't be bad though and I do have a preference to the Montebello area.

Near LAX obvious benefit is not having to travel far from the airport when you arrive and take off. I just absolutely dread having to go towards LAX every single time.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 8, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #138 of 529

I'd personally go for Glendale. Traffic on the 60 from Montebello isn't great nor is taking 105 eastbound. In the end it really depends on what time you leave each place respectively.

I would probably echo that Glendale would be the easiest way to get to Canjam. Montebello 60 on the weekends shouldn't be bad though and I do have a preference to the Montebello area.

Near LAX obvious benefit is not having to travel far from the airport when you arrive and take off. I just absolutely dread having to go towards LAX every single time.

Thanks guys for the feedback.
Since I am staying only 1 night, and going to the airport after 2nd day - not too much of back-and-forth from-to the hotel...
I was also hoping several visitors (i.e. non-locals) would jump in and say they stay at one of those locations.  Always more fun to hang-out with fellow head-fi-ers after the show closes! (and carpool from-to the hotel)

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #139 of 529
My recommendation is to find an Airbnb (or hotel) along the Metro Red Line, the only true subway in the city. Good public transit in the city is scarce, and this is the only example I can point to without qualification. I will be coming from property we have in Venice, and likely take the 733 along Venice Blvd to DTLA. Will likely bring K1000 and HE-6, as it is the amplification of those cans that is the most fraught.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #145 of 529
Feb 12, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #147 of 529

We'll be posting details as soon as we get them. Stay tuned.

Not sure if this is possible, but I saw Z Review's video from his sesh at CanJam NYC, and it wasn't clear whether there were any classical tracks to listen to. Pop music is fine, but it would be nice if there were at least one orchestral piece in their lineup. Not sure if you can make requests or whatever but it seems like an obvious box to check for the preeminent headphone manufacturer in the world. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #148 of 529

Not sure if this is possible, but I saw Z Review's video from his sesh at CanJam NYC, and it wasn't clear whether there were any classical tracks to listen to. Pop music is fine, but it would be nice if there were at least one orchestral piece in their lineup. Not sure if you can make requests or whatever but it seems like an obvious box to check for the preeminent headphone manufacturer in the world. 

Yeah, that's a very valid point and we'll pass this information along.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #150 of 529
I would love to go but im not sure if I can do a 6 hour flight from Florida. I can barely do 2 for New York. I wish there was a Canjam Orlando. Would make sense since its the most popular place to visit but its like nobody down here does meets :frowning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back